Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

How are you by the way Fatty? Are you ok about everything?

I'm fine thank sus_murf. Thanks for asking. Part of me is possibly a little bit sad that there isn't another baby on the way, but for the most part I'm relieved. I would love another baby, but not sure I'm ready for one, and I'm more than a little bit scared about the possibility of PND again, although I may be quicker to seek help second time around.

Anyway, I know it's for the best. We have a date for hubby's operation - 3 weeks time :eek: It's all happening so quickly, I've not really got my head around it yet. Things will be very different for a while after that. He'll probably be out of work for 3 months or so, and someone said he'd not be able to lift our son for a whole year :grumble: How's that going to work with a 2 year old?!? Anyway, we'll just have to get on with it. It's better he has this op now than not anyway.

How's everything with you? I see you have slipped into the 12's you lucky thing. I didn't weigh this morning, but did yesterday and the results were not pretty. Waaaaay off what I was expecting (like about 8 to 10 pounds off!) so I'm thinking I might buy a new scales. Or maybe it's time to change the battery (same one for 7 or 8 years???)

I went balloobas over the weekend and am back in the 13's - will still be there this week, but hopefully will be back in the 12's in July!

What day do you weigh in? I'm sure it's just food weight so you'll lose it nice and quick.

Do you still have 7 weeks to your holiday (as per your signature?) If so you have loads of time to get to your holiday goal.

I've decided I'm going to change the battery in my weighing scales this evening. I'm afraid to get a new one in case it shows me as a lot heavier and I have to reset my stats.

Good luck for Thursday. Hopefully it won't be as back as you think.

I presume you weigh at home, do you? No chance of different scales giving different weights then?

I'd a little gain myself this morning - well I normally weigh on Tuesdays but with my erratic results the last couple of days decided to change the battery last night and took a new reading this morning. It wasn't so bad - only .5lb, but I can't see why I would have gained this week. I'm guessing it was the previous 2 weeks catching up on me, coz I had good losses then when I wasn't expecting to.

I can totally relate to the mojo feeling tho. For 4 or 5 weeks between mid April to Mid May I didn't gain, but only lost 2 lbs. It was the only time I felt in any way deprived while on this diet (Easter Eggs, May Bank Hol drinks and goodies etc which I declined as didn't trust myself) and felt like my hard work was going to waste. Thankfully I then followed up with a 4lbs loss and have been ok, motivation-wise, since then. Now that's not to say I've been 100%. Was probably 95% last week, but closer to about 75% the previous 2 weeks! I'm still determined to stick with it. Well, 75% of the time anyway!!!!

Well So I've been checking out the KFC chicken recipe...is the chicken bovril "paste" the same thing? Also, have any of you made it? I've only ever actually had KFC once myself. Have no recollection if I liked it or not, but I've been known to wander into Hillbillies at 2 in the morning!

Yes, it's the same thing and the KFC chicken recipe is messy but really yum - I made it for a taster evening and it went down well. I did wimp out a bit n use the bovril mix over more chicken than the recipe says cos I reckoned it would be v salty!?! I also added more of the herbs/spices to the bread
Also if you don't want to use a precious HEB/syns for the bread, you could use couscous for the coating.

Eddie Rockets!

Has anyone tried the new lower calorie additions to the Eddie Rockets menu? I am dying to try them :)

They are supported by unislim but I have emailed Eddie Rockets to ask for the nutrional value to work out the syns!

Yes, it's the same thing and the KFC chicken recipe is messy but really yum - I made it for a taster evening and it went down well. I did wimp out a bit n use the bovril mix over more chicken than the recipe says cos I reckoned it would be v salty!?! I also added more of the herbs/spices to the bread
Also if you don't want to use a precious HEB/syns for the bread, you could use couscous for the coating.

Thanks for that. I think I might give it a go over the weekend.

Has anyone tried the new lower calorie additions to the Eddie Rockets menu? I am dying to try them :)

They are supported by unislim but I have emailed Eddie Rockets to ask for the nutrional value to work out the syns!

I've not given them a go - I generally avoid Eddie Rockets as don't feel like there's anything I could possibly eat without blowing my syns, but I would love to hear what ER come back with. Thanks.

It's more like 5.5 weeks now - and I've kind of lost my mojo. I' finding it really hard to get motivated this week.......

WI is Thursday. It's just a question of how much I'll be up.

How'd you get on today sus_murf?

BTW, anyone know how to quote multiple posts or part posts without doing the whole thing in new posts every time? Although it does help to boost my posts number ;)

FattyMcButterPants said:
I've not given them a go - I generally avoid Eddie Rockets as don't feel like there's anything I could possibly eat without blowing my syns, but I would love to hear what ER come back with. Thanks.

Chicken burger in a bowl with all dressing and mayo on the side is the best option at the moment if you have the cheese as a hexa :) about about 3 syns

BTW, anyone know how to quote multiple posts or part posts without doing the whole thing in new posts every time? Although it does help to boost my posts number ;)

I had a sts - so I'm relatively pleased - I definitely didn't deserve any better. I get to stay in the 12's which is a bonus!!

As regards quotes, I don't know if that is possible.

I am not too sure about on a phone but on the website there is a button beside the quote icon at the end of the post called multi quote.

If you click on this in each post you want to quote then click on post reply it should work!

As clear as mud :confused:

I am not too sure about on a phone but on the website there is a button beside the quote icon at the end of the post called multi quote.

If you click on this in each post you want to quote then click on post reply it should work!

As clear as mud :confused:

Right, I think I'll chance it!!!!

ETA: Oooh, it appears to have worked :D

I had a sts - so I'm relatively pleased - I definitely didn't deserve any better. I get to stay in the 12's which is a bonus!!

Ah, glad it wasn't so bad so. Jealous that you're still in the 12s tho :jelous: Wish I were in the 12s. My aim for June was to get into the 12s, and then be 12st 6 by end of July - 3 stone off and still almost 1 stone above my pre-pregnancy weight! God I thought I was so fat then, but now I'd kill to be 11stone something!

Not holding out much hope for a loss tomorrow. I'll be lucky to STS after eating and drinking all round me yesterday :break_diet:. I blame the heat coz it certainly wasn't a sane me who did all that eating yesterday :p

Hi there,

Can I join? I'm Kaz from Kildare. Just started SW last Wednesday, my first weigh in is this Wednesday then. I have to actually go to Argos tomorrow and buy a scales! That's how much denial I was in, I didn't even own a scales!

Anyway, my doc has told me to do something about my weight and I have to go back to him in three months and I have to have one stone lost by then. In total I have about eight stone to lose, but I've to have the first stone gone by September. Do you think it's possible? SW just seems to good to be true. I'm doing Extra Easy and just can't get my head around the fact that I can have all that food. Pasta, rice, potatoes, meat....all the things other diets tell you to steer clear of. It's so odd isn't it? I know it's a very low fat diet as you have to syn even a teaspoon of low fat spread like...but I just can't see how it works. I'm so so dubious, but I really want this to work. So anyway going to try it for two weeks and if I haven't lost a few pounds I'll have to think of something else.

I joined online for a Bronze membership and loving all the recipes and tips and advice and menus on there.

So anyway, just wanted to say hello! :)

Hi Kaz.

Welcome to Slimming World. As Hoping has said before me, SW really is very good.

I think your stone off by September is a very doable goal so I would give SW at least a month before writing it off. I managed a stone in 5 weeks. My losses have slowed down a lot since, but that's to be expected - and even more so when you're not 100% on the plan for more than a few days at a time :rolleyes:

This website is great too - I joined SW on-line also but gave it up after the first 3 months, but I don't feel like I'm missing out or going it alone. There's great support here, and if you have a question about something just giz a shout. SW can be a little confusing at the start, but it's the easiest diet I've ever been on.

Best of luck.

Hi all, can i join too, I'm from Donegal. I just started Sw 3 weeks ago so had my 2nd wi tonight. Have lost 11lb in just 2 weeks. I'm absolutely over the moon !!! :D

Thanks for the welcome guys!

That's great Aisling and FatOllie, fabulous losses. 11lb that's brilliant!

My first weigh in is officially tomorrow as I started SW online last Wednesday. But went out and bought a scales today as we didn't have one and it seems I've lost 7lb! Will weigh tomorrow as well to offically record the weight and will probably be less than that as had a massive dinner today :D but am delighted with any loss. Really pleased with SW so far! Just hope I can keep it up.

Back