Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

That's great Aisling and FatOllie, fabulous losses. 11lb that's brilliant!

My first weigh in is officially tomorrow as I started SW online last Wednesday. But went out and bought a scales today as we didn't have one and it seems I've lost 7lb! Will weigh tomorrow as well to offically record the weight and will probably be less than that as had a massive dinner today :D but am delighted with any loss. Really pleased with SW so far! Just hope I can keep it up.

Thanks very much, im sure you will do brill to !!! Just keep up the pma and you WILL succeed. :D

But went out and bought a scales today as we didn't have one and it seems I've lost 7lb!
Be careful about that, Kaz, very few scales are calibrated exactly and can easily have differences of several pounds; even applies in hospitals where you would think they would take this seriously - I once had the experience of being weighed in A&E and then being weighed a few hours later on the ward and showing 3 lbs heavier!

Your weight can also vary throughout the day - you're usually at your lightest first thing in the morning.

That's the beauty of the weekly weigh in, same scales, same time - remember it's the weight loss you're monitoring not the exact weight.

P.S. Try to wear the same clothes or equivalent when you weigh in don't go one week in tee shirt and tracksuit bottoms, next week in woolly jumper and jeans :)

Weighed myself this morning as my 'official' weigh in day (doing SW online at home each Wednesday) and have lost 3kg/6.6lb. Got the SW online 7lb award so am chuffed.

Onwards and downwards for next week!!

(THanks Fat Ollie going to use my own scales every week from now on and go by that. I would imagine the hospital scales could deffo be out from people up and down on them all day. Hopefully when I go back though for my check up there'll be enough of a weight loss that a pound or two out won't matter much. She says optimistically!!)

Howdy all. Just checking in to see if there are any of you from Dublin? Or eats a lot in Dublin? I'm gonna be spending a lot of time there in the next few weeks while my husband is in hospital there, so am wondering are there any particularly SW-friendly places to eat out? Thinking cafes for the day and restaurants for the evening?

It will already feel a bit weird going out for an evening meal on my own, without then giving a list of special requests (hold the butter, roasted veg instead of chips, dressing on the side etc etc).

Thanks.

Hey all, I was missing in action for a few weeks, I lost all motivation. I'm not sure I have it back properly but at least I'm on plan for one day!

Hey there :)

If you check the sw website it will give you classes in Ireland. There are quite a few in Dublin and some in cork :)

Thanks not sure where it is I'm going yet as my boyfriend is out there on work for 3weeks and I'll be out there for about a week so wanted to see if I could still go and get wi.
But will have a look once I no where it is

was down 1lb on thursday , need 2.5lb to get my 3 stone , seem to have lost and gained that pound about 5 times at this stage

Hi there.

Can I join in too? New to this forum (though I have been lurking for past couple of weeks). Started SW on 7th of June and have to say loving it so far. Was in major denial for the past 3 years or so, but am finally in the right frame of mind to accept that something had to change. Hoping that this feeling and motivation will continue, so that I can once and for all turn my life around and regain my self esteem and confidence which has become buried under the weight and fat gains of the past 3 years :sigh:. Loving the support of the group I attend and although the progress is slow, (averaging just over 1lb a week) I am feeling healthier and I have more energy than I have had in a very long time and my clothes are fitting better (really wish I had taken measurements before I started :doh:). That, along with the constant reminder to myself that 1lb loss is better than 1lb gain and that if I manage to sustain that 1lb loss per week, I will have lost 3st 10lb in one year and that's not to be sneezed at :bliss::bliss:. First 3 weeks was on EE, but have now switched to a combination of Original and Green, as I think the unlimited carbs were holding my losses back. Not been the best week for me this week as I had a couple of functions, so not really expecting a loss though hoping to sts :fingerscrossed: All in all, SW and this forum with the wonderful support which they both provide, could turn out to be the best thing I have ever done and discovered. :party0049:

Week 1 : -1lb
Week 2 : -1lb
Week 3 : -1lb
Week 4 : -2.5lb :D
Week 5 : -1.5lb :) - Half stone award :D

My Weight Chart:
>

Hi everyone- after a very bold few months I am back on the wagon again!!! I hope to catch up and need serious ass kicking and motivation....... am not going to class ... so am finding it hard......any help would be appreciated......

I don't know about ass kicking - but I can do some gentle motivation!! I had a bad three weeks and to get myselfback in gear I loaded the fridge with fruit, upped the water, and limited myself to 8 syns. It took almost the same time to undo the damage but I'm back in gear again - it is worth the effort!

Surfmurf- you doing great and are really motivated :)
we must have been on same wavelenght today- I loaded up with fruit and ff yogurt also. I need to start drinking water... do you think limiting yorself to 8 syns helps???? Avoided junk fairly well at my daughters little party today... but big one on Sun.......

Back