Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi all
Another Irish chick here. I joined SW 3 weeks ago and have ben doing fairly well! I'm down 10.5 lb in that time.
This is usually the time I fall off the wagon and decide I've enough lost ( I've at least 5 stone to go) so I'm gonna hop in here to try and keep the motivation going.

Hahah, no panic! I hopes jumped a mile up in the air (I may have sent a message to Slimming World last night about the lack of Cork groups)

I've just come back from a rather failed attempt at Weight Watchers, I just wanted to go to a group. I'm considering to keep going to group just to be naughty and get weighed but I'm sticking with my Slimming World online for now :D

Hey everyone. I'm baaaaaaack!!!!! Not that I actually expected you all to miss me or anything.

Well, we've had a tough few weeks in our household as my hubbie went into hospital for a serious operation. Thankfully it went well and he's now home, so fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Anyway, why I'm mentioning this is that I have been so far off plan the last few weeks I feel like a complete novice setting out again.

I've decided to wait until Tuesday as that's always been my weigh in day. I'm going to eat myself silly for the next few days and will deal with the damage then. I already know I have put on a good bit. I would say a half stone possibly. It was the stress! And the boredom of hanging around the hospital and a hotel room on my own every evening! and convenience for eating on the train up and down. And any other excuse I used to use pre SW days. My clothes are significantly tighter and I feel a bit "blah" all the time, but oh it all tastes so good.

Anyway, I will be back on here next Tuesday, come hell or high water. I just hope it's not worse than 7 pounds :wave_cry:

Welcome back - why don't you make Thursday your WI day and join us on the weigh at home on Thursday thread - the support there isbrilliant! I'm off on holiday tomorrow for a week and expect to be a little bold, but hopefully I can limit the damage!!

Hi everyone, I'm in cork and I also sent a message about lack of groups in Cork. I went to group in Scotland 2 years ago and loved it but after 2 years it's crept back on so I've decided to try and do it alone but hopefully with support on here of other people :) I'm going to weigh in on Tuesday's and update here and hopefully it will feel like a group until they get one in Cork! Is anyone else going it alone without group?

Well, both Hell and High Water came knocking on my door last Tuesday so I didn't weigh in and then decided I may as well leave it another week!!! So I'm re-starting today. I weighed this morning - 6lbs up from my last weigh in at the start of July. I'd finally broken into the 12stone bracket and now I'm very firmly right back into the mid-13s again :eek:

Do I have to update my stats? I don't really want to admit that I'm back in the 13s again :cry:

How's everyone getting on?????- just posting to say that I saw quark in Dunnes in Longford yesterday- was €1.99 for the one I get for 70p in Asda- but thought I would share anyway.....:D I can see me buying it even at that price at some stage...

Gosh, tis pretty quite over here these days.

I'm finding it difficult to find the time to come on here at the moment, and even harder to stick to plan. I've been pretty disastrous this week. Can't seem to stick to EE, and then end up doing a half arsed attempt at a green day, but inevitably end up including some meat or fish, with no syns or HEBs to spare, so I'm not sure what my days are at the mo.

I have to admit, I'm considering switching to WW. I'm afraid I will end up hungry on it, but I think I may need a class to go to. Unless I just go to a few classes and pretend I'm on WW - it would hardly be unethical would it? I mean, it would be different if I was on slimming pills etc and my weight loss was 6 or 7lbs a week. I'd be lucky to lose 6 or 7 ounces most weeks! I think I may just need the structure - or maybe the weekly shame of being weighed by someone.

Hi can I join?! Am in Kildare. Try not to give up Butterpants! I think SW is the beat way I've found having tried Ww and various other things. Are u an online member? I presume there are no classes near you? You could 'weigh in' here and post your food diaries? Would b happy to buddy up with you if u need :)

Wow that is great going, well done. How are you finding it? Any tips?! I've the same amount to lose more or less. Have lost 11 lbs in first three weeks, so hopefully over the first stone in 4 weeks/first month.

Another recruit!

Hi folks, great to see an Ireland board here - I was beginning to think I needed to do a shop in NI to get some items as they don't seem to be available here.

I joined almost 3 weeks ago and lost 2lb's the first week and 3lb's the second. WI on Thurs, so we'll see how week 3 has gone.

So far so good, not hungry at all which makes resisting nice things a little easier but I'm overdoing it on the fruit (i.e. I'm suffering!). Trying to regulate that!

My fav breakfast Mon to Fri (which I eat at work, without the benefit of a microwave or fridge) is cous cous (I do have a kettle :) ) with a syn free yogurt mixed through it - sweet and filling. Then I have a couple of kiwi fruit or something after. Yum! And syn free.

hi girls
hellpppp! Im back, well I never really went anywhere but havent lost a bit of weight since June (very stressful summer with 3 boys under 5)
Im 2 stone down since end of may and really ready to lose the last stone, but I keep starting the week off like a saint (weigh in on weds morning) I get through the weekend fab and then by monday/tuesday I go a bit mental.
girls, help????? I just seem to have lost my motivation although I REALLY want to lose the last stone by christmas if poss, so youd think that would be enough to motivate me?
Im in Dublin btw
Im thinking of mixing things up and doing the green plan for a while, anyone else doing it?
Ive been reading up on this thread and youre all an inspiration!
xx deb

Back