Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi, new Irish member here!

Hi all! :)

I started Slimming World 2 weeks ago, have done Unislim, Weightwatchers, Atkins, even went to a Health Board dietician. Have been overweight forever but ballooned in the last 2 years due to having a ruptured disc in my back that the doctors kept ignoring until it got so bad I needed surgery. Had op in July and so am only recently back into some exercise and decided to tackle the weight as well.

Finding SW good so far, just have to be really organised with having food prepared for lunches, etc.

I'm based in Cork county so no class nearby so I joined online but really don't go on the site much since I printed out the basic do's and don'ts except sometimes to use the Snackulator (1 bag of Tayto crisps I've discovered is 10 syns so quite do-able! Gonna have some tonight and lick them and nibble them like a mouse to make em last longer!)
:cool:

Hi to you all, I only found the Irish board today. Great to see you all doing so well. Im doing Slimming World on line. Like most of you have tried Unislim and weight watchers for a number of years and fallen off the wagon each time. Been doing this for 9 weeks and lost 16lbs. The weight loss is slow, it's a pound a week the last few weeks but as long as its going down, that's what really mattters! I cant believe how much food you can eat on this program without feeling guilty. I really love you can still have things like roast potatoes without worrying about what size or weight they are. And I am not having to make buckets of zero point soup to fill up on between meals!! Yes it does take a bit of organising and I do find weekends are the most difficult when the routine is all over the place but I am still managing to enjoy meals out without feeling deprived or guilty.

10 weeks to Christmas so 10 weeks to feeling 10lbs lighter!!

Hi all! :)

I started Slimming World 2 weeks ago, have done Unislim, Weightwatchers, Atkins, even went to a Health Board dietician. Have been overweight forever but ballooned in the last 2 years due to having a ruptured disc in my back that the doctors kept ignoring until it got so bad I needed surgery. Had op in July and so am only recently back into some exercise and decided to tackle the weight as well.

Finding SW good so far, just have to be really organised with having food prepared for lunches, etc.

I'm based in Cork county so no class nearby so I joined online but really don't go on the site much since I printed out the basic do's and don'ts except sometimes to use the Snackulator (1 bag of Tayto crisps I've discovered is 10 syns so quite do-able! Gonna have some tonight and lick them and nibble them like a mouse to make em last longer!)
:cool:
10 Syns for a bag of Tayto - Worth every bite. Enjoy xx

Hi girls i joined sw online 5wks ago and so far have lost 8 and a half pounds really wanted 10 to be gone but the last 2 weeks ive only lost half a pound so hasnt been great. Im from Kildare and had twin girls 8wks ago and also have a nearly 3year old so didnt think id have the time to go to meetings. Ive always done WW so im finding this easy in that i dont have to weigh everything and write it down BUT im finding it hard for ideas for lunch most days i have porridge and milk for breakie and then fruit and dinners i try to do meat veg and pototoes or homemade chips or something like that but for lunch i mainly have a salad sandwich im not a big salad person so im finding it hard for ideas any ideas would be a great help.

Im loving the muller fat free yogurts they are my treat in the evenings but would love to be able to save some syns and not use the full 15 everyday. Have the girls christening in 2wks and would love to be down another 4lbs.

Ive another 3 stone to go and would love to be hitting the 2lb mark every week when i did ww i lost my baby weight (4 stone) in 7 months so hoping for that this time as well. Sorry for the long post its just i have been doing this myself and still dont know all of the free foods other than fruit veg etc IE pasta shots and all that

Hi ladies, I joined a group last week near Galway and am excited to find this thread! I'm American and have been living in Ireland for a bit over a year. Done WW many times (and just defected from there), as well as Atkins, South Beach and everything in between. I have more than 4 stone to lose, and don't want to give up this time! I see so much success with SW.
I work full time and have 4 kids, so I have a busy life. Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Sarah

hi

hi all

welcome newbies!!! may your journey be a slow but successful one!

--- any one know where you can buy white options? cannot find them anywhere...

and can you get mugshots?????

also what other pasta sachets/pouches are free or near as? the uk members have more choice than us :( when i go looking cannot find...

Hi guys so glad to have found this tread! I am from Mayo and just joined slimming world for the first time. I was so delighted to see them finally arrive. I have done weightwatchers to death and while the plan is ok the leader who has a monopoly in our area is not. I love the slimming world plan and it looks to have had great success so hoping!!

Hi sarah I am going in Ballina, it just started up in sept. I only joined this week. Are you still following sw?

Yes, Ballinrobe started 8 or 9 weeks ago. I am in my second week. I am doing well with it, lost 4 lb the first week. I'm a bit of a foodie, so I find their recipes a little bland. But this week I am modifying other recipes and trying to use my syns for things like olive oil and low fat creme fraiche to make them taste better. The best part of it is not being hungry and not having to restrict veggie carbs!

Thats a great weightloss well done. I am using lots of spices to add flavour and like you I use some of my syns to jazz it up. So far this has had the knock on effect of helping me beat my snacking habit. I am never hungry and even in the morn I am still stuffed!

hi all

welcome newbies!!! may your journey be a slow but successful one!

--- any one know where you can buy white options? cannot find them anywhere...

and can you get mugshots?????

also what other pasta sachets/pouches are free or near as? the uk members have more choice than us :( when i go looking cannot find...

You can get Mugshots in Tesco's or if your in Dublin JC's in Swords have a good selection along with Curry oxo & spag bol oxo!

Hi. Do you mind if I join?!! I've lost 10lbs after 7 weeks with SW in Kildare. I absolutely love the programme & find I'm always full. It's not the fastest weight loss in the world but I'm happy that it's consistent & I'm treating it as a marathon & not a race!

I loved the mug shots & used them quite regularly at the start but Tesco by me seem to have stopped stocking them. I'm up in Donegal this weekend so stopped off in Asda on the way up yest & stocked up on them!

I'm off out for dinner tonight so hoping to stay on plan.

Have a great long weekend everyone!

Im joining all of you too! This weightloss thing is a work in progress alright, but im really enjoying the programme. Such a variety of foods...i think this helps so much & you don't feel too hard done by. I've found great ideas in the recipe thread om here too.

Anyone heard anything about a class starting in Cork? I used to do sw back in Scotland and loved it so I'm dying for a group to start in Cork!

Hi Ruth why not give slimmingworld Ireland a call, you can get the number off the slimming world website.

Hey all,

Mugshots are hard to come by at the moment - its a supply issue - they can't keep up with the demand here. Also, if you have seen the Campbell's tomato and herb pasta - that's free(have seen it in Dunnes and Superquinn). Also - roast butternut squash soup is great for lunch etc. Alot of the Dublin based groups have Facebook pages with brilliant recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also - any Dublin base people - The Meat Factory in Ballymount does 99% fat free mince. He's working with Slimming World and has a green dot on the stuff that's syn free or low syn for us. I use franks hot sauce alot - it gives a kick and it's free!!

Hope everyone is doing well...

hi everyone
i joined this site a few weeks ago and am still trying to find my way around
i'm from roscommon.i joined SW on 1st Sept. i had lost a stone prior to my weigh in last friday. i was up 3 pounds at weigh in adn i was gutted

anyways, hello everyone...i've read this whole thread, ye are inspirational

girls...how do i update my stats. my current weight is 200lbs. have tried 'update statistics' but it wont work for me??

Last edited:
Hi all, wonder if you can help me - I am finding it hard to get really low fat mince. I usually buy my meat in the butchers and they think the fat content is 10% but it can vary. I dont really like to buy meat from the Supermarkets but if one of them have a really low fat one I would certainly get it - any suggestions, I am based in Cork.

thanks

By the way if you are looking for something sweet with your tea try the healthline tea biscuits (they are a diabetic biscuit). I have found them in Dunnes and Supervalu. They are a bit plain but at only half a syn each it takes the edge off my craving for something with my 9pm cuppa. They also do an apple biscuit which are 1 syn each.

Back