Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

scarybush I would also recommend a trip to a few shops. Fruit/veg...sometimes the deals in Dunnes or Tesco can be better than Aldi from my experience. Shop around for the best offers, don't buy things (especially fresh produce that will go off in a few days) just for the sake of buy one get one free offers. Dealz..i think theres one of these in Athlone..definitely check it out. I live in westmeath too and the Dealz shop where I live just opened but they have velvet crunch (4syn crisps) for 1.49 for a 6 pack, the same ones cost €2.40 in tesco! They also have lots of weight watchers food for 1.49...the petit pans can be used as a heB, the wraps are 5 syns, the hot chocolate is 2 syns. They're not always cheaper, my local tesco has the WW pittas for 1.38 and they are 1.49 in dealz, not a massive saving but I noticed a few things were 10-20 cent cheaper in Tesco. Aldis fruit is mostly cheaper than tesco, the blueberries are about a euro cheaper. You can also get Pasta N Sauce in aldi for about 80 cent a packet and most are syn free/low in syns. x

I live in westmeath too

I'd assumed you lived in Dublin (14) because of your username!! :giggle:

I agree with the shopping around suggestions Scarybush. It takes more time but it definitely saves money. Also, plan your meals for the week, make a list of the ingredients that you need & only buy what you need. I've saved a lot by sticking to this.

I lost 1.5lbs tonight! I'm delighted. 1st 12lbs gone now. I can nearly taste that 2 st award!!

Girls thanks so much for your help.. will shop around.. We have a Dealz and a supersavers and can get most of these pasta's and sauces.. I've my 1st meeting tonite in Roscommon which I'm very excited about..
how much does the 1st meeting usually work out as.. I have no idea what any of the abbreviation are sorry.. but hopefully i'll be in the know by tomorrow...

D14 hun what part of westmeath are you in..?

I usually do the veg and fruit in aldi and there is good bargains in a lot of the fruit and veg shops. The one in golden island sc is good. I got 3 punnets of grapes for 6EUR and 2 punnets of strawberries for EUR3 at the weekend.

Also just to let ye know the mullerlights are EUR2 in tesco ATM. I got some in this evening and getting more tomoro!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Harebell fairy, have you tried Lennons fruit and veg down by the Raddison.. their prices are really good..

Did you go to group in Hannon's hotel..?

Got 2 punnets of raspberries in Lidl yesterday for €3. They were absolutely georgous -None of them squashed or too soft. I ate a punnet in the car on the way home!!

How is everyone doing with their losses? I lost 3.5lbs this week. My group leader has been so sweet and helpful to me, sending me encouraging texts about how proud she is. It really helps x

Gosh d14, you're really flying. Well done.

Fairymary, those raspberries sound lovely. I'd love some now. I've WI this evening & v nervous about it. Had a night out on Sunday (after my first 10k race!) which included a glass of wine & 4 bacardis. I really hope I'm down something!

Well done Sinead on your first 10K - it is a fantastic feeling and you deserve the liquid replacement you enjoyed after!!! I did my first 10k in Feb and am doing another in June. Half thinking of doing a half marathon in September - I'll wait to see how the 10K in June goes first.

My weigh in didnt go according to plan - put on 3lb but I was brutal over the bank holiday so I have no one to blame but myself. Am going to have to try and be 100% this week .

Well done D14 - I could use some of your magic motivation right now!

Thanks Fairymary I've another 10k on Sunday week and I'm going to try to sign up to one a month over the summer to keep me focused. Fair play to you for even thinking about a half marathon. I've already decided not to increase my distance further!!

I maintained this week which I'm pretty disappointed about. I think I deserved to lose something!

Haven't posted here on a while, my weight loss has slowed down big time! I joined in Jan 2011 and lost nearly 3 stone by end of May 2011, since then I've not even lost a stone since. I have another 3 stone to go currently 13stone 5lbs (put on 3.5lbs last Thurs). I really need motivation tips, feeling like I wanna drop out of SW and try a different diet but I really don't want to.

I'm a bridesmaid in 4 weeks time, and I need 8.5lbs to lose so I can get my 4stone. Need help guys!

Got a box of HB mixed mini icecreams and they had Mini Milks in them - only 30 calories for one so 1.5syns. couldnt believe how low in syns they were!! I am off to find box with just the mini milks asap!!!

Aldi do 20kal ice lollies that are like sparklers and 40 kal rocket lollies which are quiet nice. I like them cause they take ages to each :)

I'm finding my weight loss slow too. Have gone back to keeping a food diary and cutting down on carbs. Will know tomorrow if it's working!!!

Aldi do 20kal ice lollies that are like sparklers and 40 kal rocket lollies which are quiet nice. I like them cause they take ages to each :)

I'm finding my weight loss slow too. Have gone back to keeping a food diary and cutting down on carbs. Will know tomorrow if it's working!!!

Oooh thanks for that! So only 1 syn per sparkler lolly? That's amazing!

Has anyone come across Irish yogurts "diet indulgence"? They are fat free and 45cal. Are they syn free? They are half price in tesco at the mo.

Yes they're free minimarge but they're really not great at all. I was really looking forward to trying them & they turned out to be pretty horrible!

Attachments

• image-608829329.jpg
    image-608829329.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 77
I'm a bit disappointed too. Tiramisu was not great but I did like the banoffee, it just didn't taste like banoffee. I miss real cream :(

Agree that those new Irish yogurt deserts are horrible, just as well I only got them at half price. Wont be buying them again!

Hi I joined Slimming World two weeks ago , was down 7.5 lbs on first weigh in but totm this week so dont know if I will have a good loss this week even though I have stuck to plan even better than last week ! Weighing in on a Monday so will soon see :( Have to say though loving the plan and my group leader is fab she is so positive and friendly and so is the rest of the group. I tried SW last year in a different group and just didnt give it 100% that time so Im back on plan now. Have my cousins wedding in October and want to have chunk of this weight gone by then. Anyone else find the fruit is flying out of the shops with this gorgeous weather? There wasn't a melon or watermelon to be found in my local Tesco today!!!

Back