Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

hello everyone. i'm finding it very hard these days. i think i'm just tired of always thinking about weight. i really have to get my mind back to keeping a diary. i try to get some sort of exercise every day.walking swimming or aerobics. still only loose a half to one lb a week.very slow. but hopefully that means when i get to target i will maintain..

Hi everyone, have started SLimming World online as going from my name have loads to loose!
Have been on it awhile now but have had a major blowout this weekend from Friday to today, it is due to the time of the month, can I ask how do you cope at times like this - example on friday night was taking on by some friends who are going through a crisis so ended up in Indian restaurant and of course loads of beer, then back to the house where I drank a whole bottle of red wine by myself, Saturday was a wipe out just craved and ate starchy foods (hangover) and today now my lovely partner has made a full Irish breakfast with pudding and sausages and I just syned it there now and I am way way over, but will get back on track - will be doing a big fruit shop, but am wondering how do others deal with this sort of thing?
Also Good luck to everyone

Hi everyone, have started SLimming World online as going from my name have loads to loose!
Have been on it awhile now but have had a major blowout this weekend from Friday to today, it is due to the time of the month, can I ask how do you cope at times like this - example on friday night was taking on by some friends who are going through a crisis so ended up in Indian restaurant and of course loads of beer, then back to the house where I drank a whole bottle of red wine by myself, Saturday was a wipe out just craved and ate starchy foods (hangover) and today now my lovely partner has made a full Irish breakfast with pudding and sausages and I just syned it there now and I am way way over, but will get back on track - will be doing a big fruit shop, but am wondering how do others deal with this sort of thing?
Also Good luck to everyone
I'm in Ireland too - not near a class and don't have anyone to mind the kids while I get there, so I am doing it online.
Slimming World cooked breakfasts are great and just need a bit of planning - bacon medallions from Lidl, Quorn sausages (1 syn each) or if you can find them Tesco healthy living low fat sausages (not sure but think are 1 syn too), loads of mushrooms, beans and grilled tomatoes, 2 slices wholemeal toast for a HEB. I'm full with this and it's 2 syns.
Indian - I have just had to give up lager, I like it too much and can't stop after 2 or 3 (it's not forever - just for now!) and would stick to water. In the pub I'd have vodka and slimline and flexi syn. For my meal - chicken dhansak and a shared side of plain rice. Poppadums and onions instead of a starter or tandoori chicken. No naan (that is the killer). One guy reckons he asks for ghee free at his local Indian - that would make anything lower syn ...
Wine is no longer part of my daily shop - it means when I do buy some, I know the consequences! I normally bloat around my period but this month I think the changes in my diet are taking effect - I have had one freddo frog choccy & no cravings plus lost 4lb this week.
I've also used visualization and NLP cd's as they helped me when I stoppped smoking - focusing on losing weight regularly helps me keep focused.
Good Luck and stick with it, it's so worth it.

Hi largerthanmost
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your message, have had a good week this week, so far have lost 9lbs whoo whoo.
Stress is what affects me and a close friend is going through some health issues but have made a concious (sp) effort to spend time on the preparation of my meals.
Well done on your weight loss.

Doin well first couple of weeks. Can't complain at all :)
That's great. I'm finding it hard to focus this week. Just ordered a little kettebell and a dvd - maybe a bit of sweat will get the fat moving again.

Hi largerthanmost
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your message, have had a good week this week, so far have lost 9lbs whoo whoo.
Stress is what affects me and a close friend is going through some health issues but have made a concious (sp) effort to spend time on the preparation of my meals.
Well done on your weight loss.
Hi L2L - I've always been a stress/emotional/boredom eater & I started listening to a hypnosis dvd - nothing fancy, just a quick 10 minute visualisation track & it really did help me break my old stress/eat habits. They've not gone completely (but I have slacked off listening) but I now have the mental trigger that makes me stop as I am casting my eye across the fridge for something & so if I choose to eat it, I do & syn it, for better or worse - whereas I'd have a sandwich or half a pack of biccies stuffed into me before I realised before.
Well done on your losses so far.

Hi guys, can I join in? Another newbie to the boards here. Have started SW on Monday and doing it solo as no groups in my area. Have at least 5 stone to loose but concentrating on 10lb loss each month.

Hi guys, can I join in? Another newbie to the boards here. Have started SW on Monday and doing it solo as no groups in my area. Have at least 5 stone to loose but concentrating on 10lb loss each month.
10lb a month is a big ask - I set a similar sort of goal after the first stone seemed to simply melt away. But it's slowed down now so I've had to reassess my goals - as long as the weight is gone for good I'll wait a bit longer. Bought a size 16 M and S suit yesterday and it's being able to do that keeps me going - it fits now but another half a stone and it will be great. I'm giving away my 22 trousers next week.
Good Luck.

For the first couple of months I'd say that's easily achievable. I'm not long it but am finding it easy. But the incentive of having the class each Monday keeps me on target. But personally I have set interim goals without times. Ie. goal one, lose half stone. Goal 2 fit into jeans that are too small. Goal 3 get 1 stone etc.

I feel that this is much better as its not giving u added pressure. If u dont get that 10 lb in a month, it might dishearten u but if u are continually down week on week and hit ur goals one by one, even if it takes longer, at least you'll get there. Besides ur body doesn't work like a watch so setting time constraints won't help u mentally.

Good luck anyway.

havent been on here in ages,really trying to get back on track.... had lost nearly 3 stone, but have put nearly 1 stone back on... have gone back to gym and am trying hard

Hi... I joined SW this morning!!!!

Stayed for the TWO HOUR long class :/

Hoping it works out for me though!

I was on Weight Watchers previouly... But I find that I can't get lower than what I am.... So I decided to try something new!!!

Do you know if there are any iPhone apps for syn calculations?

I was on Weight Watchers previouly... But I find that I can't get lower than what I am.... So I decided to try something new!!!

typically its one Syn per 20kcal. SW is brilliant. best of luck

Last edited:
CaptainOrla said:

Staying to group is worth it & it's usually 1 hour on a normal week but definitely it's v long the first week!

There is an SW app for Facebook & android that gives you Syn values for most products. It's called 'a taste of slimming world'

how are we all doing this week?
I've had such a plateau over the past month & had holidays, birthdays plus a couple of what the hell have a bottle of wine days- but it could have been worse - not gained weight but not lost much either . Now shaking myself off, dusting myself down and I'm going swinging! Bought a kettlebell and now the youngest is in creche 3 hours of a morning it's time to get out walking when I drop her off. So at 14 stone - starting again.
You still seem to be doing mighty. Well done.

Hi all
can i join u ..
i'm doing SW from home as there are no classes near me :cry:
i'm on a very tight budget and limited timewise but am starting aqua aerobics next week so hope that will kick start my weight loss again

Back