Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

I'm in galway and can get Mallon's low fat sausages in Supavalu and Tesco - 2 syns each I think and they're nice. Or I use tesco low fat pork mince and add seasonings make little patties & cook on the George.
Re - actifry my OH has one and I've not used it much (trying to convince him that it would get more use at my house than his) but I do think it is good. I have seen people cooking whole meals in it - full breakfast and then tipping the beans in ! Not sure I'd do that .... but I like chips, wedges, butternut squash done in it. I didn't put the oil in the bottom but sprayed food with frylite so was syn free - otherwise I'd use less oil than they recommend and syn it just to make sure. It wouldn't add upto much if you cooked for the family together (ie you'd divide by how many portions for your oil share) My friend in the UK does a lot of her meat in it, so it's very versatile. hope this helps.

Thanks for that, Mallons are from Monaghan so I'll pick some up when I'm over later. Also I heard that Goan's butchers in Lisnaskea Co. Fermanagh does Slimming world meat and the sausages are 1/2 syn so I might head over to stock up and see what all he does.

I was checking out the actifry's and they are on sale in Argos so I might pick up one of them as well..... I'm gonna be broke but it'll be worth it :) I don't know about putting beans into it either!! I really only want to use it for SW chips and ordinary chips.

BrendaB said:
Well done!! That's briliant :clap:
I had a sneaky weigh in this morning... 2 1/2 Lbs off!! Can't believe it, I shouldn't be weighing till Monday and I have my totm.... I was sure because of it I was gonna have weight on. Yipeee such a good start.

Thanks. Im really happy with that. I have my totm aswel. Anything off is a plus! Congrats on your loss too but bet itl be more by your weigh day.

Hi ladies.

You can also get Syn free sausages from slender choice. They're not the easiest to find but some Dunnes & Supervalu's do them along with some butchers. I really like them but I know some people think they're rubbery. Worth a try though if you can get your hands on them.

Attachments

• image-2360229771.jpg
    image-2360229771.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 181
Hi ladies.

You can also get Syn free sausages from slender choice. They're not the easiest to find but some Dunnes & Supervalu's do them along with some butchers. I really like them but I know some people think they're rubbery. Worth a try though if you can get your hands on them.

Thanks Sinead, I'll definately be keeping an eye out for them. I tried Quorn again the other day... they'd do if I was stuck but I wouldn't be dying about them.

Brenda you can also have turkey sausages. They're 1 syn each according to my leader but they are so worth it because they are huge and yummy

Brenda you can also have turkey sausages. They're 1 syn each according to my leader but they are so worth it because they are huge and yummy

Thanks... I saw them in supervalu, might give them a try this week. Are any brand 1 syn?
Weigh in tomorrow & I was away at the weekend with the kids.... stuck to sw as much as I could... fingres x

BrendaB said:
Thanks... I saw them in supervalu, might give them a try this week. Are any brand 1 syn?
Weigh in tomorrow & I was away at the weekend with the kids.... stuck to sw as much as I could... fingres x

Yea any brand once they're lower than 10% fat. Awh you'll do gr8.. Let me know how you get on

Hiya, can i join you? Im in Dublin and joining my first class tonight, really excited! I have about six stone to lose which seems like a massive mountain but the success Im seeing on here is amazing!

Well....., first week done & I have a loss of 3.5Lbs I am so delighted, and I had totm as well so maybe this week will also be good!:D

I bought an actifry yesterday so I might try the SW chips this afternoon...

BrendaB said:
Well....., first week done & I have a loss of 3.5Lbs I am so delighted, and I had totm as well so maybe this week will also be good!:D

I bought an actifry yesterday so I might try the SW chips this afternoon...

Aww well done i was 3.5 down my first week too. Whoop!! Let me know how you get on with the airfryer :)

Well done Brenda. Great first week loss!

Daisy, welcome!! You'll love SW. it's honestly the best thing I ever did. I'd recommend staying to group each week. You start to feel part of your own little community & it's a great motivator, particularly if you've had a bad week.

Aww well done i was 3.5 down my first week too. Whoop!! Let me know how you get on with the airfryer :)

Thanks shinner, tried the actifryer yesterday, made sw chips with a dash of oil... good job, they tasted the best so I'm happy with the purchase.
3.5 Lb is a good loss on the first week, I just need to keep reminding myself that it'll slow down after the first couple of weeks!!

slimming sinead said:
Well done Brenda. Great first week loss!

Daisy, welcome!! You'll love SW. it's honestly the best thing I ever did. I'd recommend staying to group each week. You start to feel part of your own little community & it's a great motivator, particularly if you've had a bad week.

Thanks :) i actually loved group, everyone was so friendly and we had a great laugh! Definitely look forward to next week! Can't believe the lovely food I've been able to eat today, forgot about my healthy a and b though cos i don't eat bread or drink milk so about to have three mini babybel lights and two alpen lights :/ this does not feel like a diet!!

Mite try make syn free soup tomorow, any suggestions?

BrendaB said:
Thanks shinner, tried the actifryer yesterday, made sw chips with a dash of oil... good job, they tasted the best so I'm happy with the purchase.
3.5 Lb is a good loss on the first week, I just need to keep reminding myself that it'll slow down after the first couple of weeks!!

Yea i really love them so i do. Yeah unfortunately ill need to start exercising to get the losses soon it wont just work with the food.

Did a sneaky WI this morning only 1/4 of Lb off since last Friday!! :cry:I'm soo disappointed, I stuck to SW all week. My official weigh in is on Monday so maybe I can shift a weeeee bit more by then!!! I'm gonna try green days this week to see will it work better for me. I'll have to look into the EE and see if I could do it.

My husband was off work this week and there was alot of tea and coffee consumed and very little water was drank. (I counted the milk as HEXA) Do you think that could have contributed to the slow loss?

Plan for today..... GREEN DAY - Please correct me if I am wrong on the syns
Breakfast - omlette - Egg, mushroom, garlic, tomato (all syn free)
Take the baby for a walk - approx 2Km
Lunch - baby potatoes, beans and egg for ( all syn free)
Dinner - Rice ( homemade Chicken Curry) - green red and yellow peppers, onions,mushroom, chicken made with Knorr hot curry sauce ( 5 syns for packet?)

BrendaB said:
Did a sneaky WI this morning only 1/4 of Lb off since last Friday!! :cry:I'm soo disappointed, I stuck to SW all week. My official weigh in is on Monday so maybe I can shift a weeeee bit more by then!!! I'm gonna try green days this week to see will it work better for me. I'll have to look into the EE and see if I could do it.

My husband was off work this week and there was alot of tea and coffee consumed and very little water was drank. (I counted the milk as HEXA) Do you think that could have contributed to the slow loss?

Plan for today..... GREEN DAY - Please correct me if I am wrong on the syns
Breakfast - omlette - Egg, mushroom, garlic, tomato (all syn free)
Take the baby for a walk - approx 2Km
Lunch - baby potatoes, beans and egg for ( all syn free)
Dinner - Rice ( homemade Chicken Curry) - green red and yellow peppers, onions,mushroom, chicken made with Knorr hot curry sauce ( 5 syns for packet?)

Brenda you need to be eating fruit. Have a piece of fruit before every meal. And try have 1/3 of fruit or veg with every meal.

shinner12 said:
Brenda you need to be eating fruit. Have a piece of fruit before every meal. And try have 1/3 of fruit or veg with every meal.

If you could post up your food diary for the week i can try help you where you're going wrong

If you could post up your food diary for the week i can try help you where you're going wrong

Hi Shinner,

I am eating a right bit of fruit, probobly 3 or 4 pieces a day. I more or less stuck to the menu above yesterday although I ate a few muller lights and a good bit of fruit! I also ate 2 of my daughters chicken dippers which are about 2 syns each and I shared a curly wurly with her last night. I didn't get to eat the baby potatoes as we had visitors and I didn't get a lunch.Total syns for the day would have been no more than 10 or 12.

Will I post my food diary here or is there somewhere to set up a diary?

Thanks for your help
B

BrendaB said:
Hi Shinner,

I am eating a right bit of fruit, probobly 3 or 4 pieces a day. I more or less stuck to the menu above yesterday although I ate a few muller lights and a good bit of fruit! I also ate 2 of my daughters chicken dippers which are about 2 syns each and I shared a curly wurly with her last night. I didn't get to eat the baby potatoes as we had visitors and I didn't get a lunch.Total syns for the day would have been no more than 10 or 12.

Will I post my food diary here or is there somewhere to set up a diary?

Thanks for your help
B

You can set up a weight loss diary. Under the weight loss diary heading. But post away here if u want.

Back