Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi shinner,

I started a diary "loosing the Lbs after pregnancy - SW old style" if ypu get a chance to check it out some time that would be great.

Thanks
B

BrendaB said:
Hi shinner,

I started a diary "loosing the Lbs after pregnancy - SW old style" if ypu get a chance to check it out some time that would be great.

Thanks
B

I cant find it can you link me to it or tell me exactly where you posted it

Hi Shinner,
I'd 1Lb off this morning.... bit dissapointed but it was better than what the scales said on Friday morning!!

It's in
Slimming world
Slimming World - weight loss diary
Loosing the Lbs after pregnancy - SW old style

Sorry...I don't know how to get a link!! I'm such a dum, dum :rolleyes: It's full of my ramblings as well!!

Hi Guys. Can I join please? :). I'm from Co. Mayo and I've joined online- I actually joined last week but didn't get a chance to plan properly so didn't follow plan 100% and WI was STS. Restarting now and all set to go tomorrow. Writing up my shopping list at mo. Not looking forward to trying to diet over bank hol weekend though as I always fall apart on diets at weekend :(.
I'd really love to have the craic and keep in touch . :). PS Can we have cabbage and bacon on EE plan? True Irish gal coming out in me now haha. I know cabbage free but is bacon ok? oh and what bread do you get? I was eating normal wholemeal bread slices last week but now I realise the slices probably too big. I've a lot to learn.... :)

Hi Guys. Can I join please? :). I'm from Co. Mayo and I've joined online- I actually joined last week but didn't get a chance to plan properly so didn't follow plan 100% and WI was STS. Restarting now and all set to go tomorrow. Writing up my shopping list at mo. Not looking forward to trying to diet over bank hol weekend though as I always fall apart on diets at weekend :(.
I'd really love to have the craic and keep in touch . :). PS Can we have cabbage and bacon on EE plan? True Irish gal coming out in me now haha. I know cabbage free but is bacon ok? oh and what bread do you get? I was eating normal wholemeal bread slices last week but now I realise the slices probably too big. I've a lot to learn.... :)

Bread wise - I think the best is the Dunnes stores better for you wholemeal - 3 slices is a HEB but make sure it's the wholemeal and not the grain one as they are higher and need to be synned.
As was said - bacon is fine just cut the fat off. Now I have a hankering for bacon - had no idea what to have for dinner and I think you've just solved my dilemma :D
Bank hols will be fine - make your plan and try to "save" some syns for the weekend if you feel you need the extra back up. Some people can have an off plan day and still have a good loss. Good Luck.

Hi Guys. Aw thanks :). Ya I got the thick WW bread and SW online says it's a HEB for 2 slices- it's actually very nice.
Yay I can have cabbage and bacon :) - I actually hate fat on meats anyway.
Diet has got off to a much better start this week- I'm eating loadsa free foods and keeping full. I downloaded recipes and enjoying trying them- usually crap cook, ha.
Will keep in touch.
One last question - how many syns is a bottle of coors Light and a measure of vodka- do you guys know ??? :)
Thanks a mill. X

Hi Guys. Aw thanks :). Ya I got the thick WW bread and SW online says it's a HEB for 2 slices- it's actually very nice.
Yay I can have cabbage and bacon :) - I actually hate fat on meats anyway.
Diet has got off to a much better start this week- I'm eating loadsa free foods and keeping full. I downloaded recipes and enjoying trying them- usually crap cook, ha.
Will keep in touch.
One last question - how many syns is a bottle of coors Light and a measure of vodka- do you guys know ??? :)

Thanks a mill. X
Vodka is 3.5 syns - not sure about the coors -
I'd guess about 12 .... maybe someone will come and correct me.

PUMPKINS in SUPAVALU - only one euro - great for Halloween and great for soup (add some onion, bit of garlic and the pumpkin - sweat til soft with frylight and then add veg stock - simmer til all nice and soft - add some grated nutmeg - blitz - and serve with a little bit of fat free fromage frais or cream if you have the syns to spare).
Cheap and cheerful and perfect for Autumn days.

Hi Shinner,

I am eating a right bit of fruit, probobly 3 or 4 pieces a day. I more or less stuck to the menu above yesterday although I ate a few muller lights and a good bit of fruit! I also ate 2 of my daughters chicken dippers which are about 2 syns each and I shared a curly wurly with her last night. I didn't get to eat the baby potatoes as we had visitors and I didn't get a lunch.Total syns for the day would have been no more than 10 or 12.

Will I post my food diary here or is there somewhere to set up a diary?

Thanks for your help
B

40 cals is quite low for a chicken dipper - I syn at 3 or 3.5 each. (No point in fooling myself so I tend to over rather than under if I am not sure). I also think the knorr curry sauce would be 3/4 syns per serving not 5 per packet (to roughly work it out 1 syn is 20 cals - so if it has 180 cal per packet & you make a meal for 2 then it's 4.5 syns each.

When I get stuck cutting out grains (to one portion per day of either bread, porridge, rice or potatoes & 2 no grain days if I can - this also means nothing with flour at all) seems to get me going again. I eat more dairy (low low cheese and mullers) so that I am satiated & loads of veg.
Stick to it and it will work - I seem to get 2/3 good losses and then 2/3 stay the sames or 1/2 lb off then back to a good loss. It's different for everyone. You'll get there!

How are all the Irish contingency doing? We all going to be looking fab in our hand knitted Christmas jerseys or we all fatting up in preparation for the budget ;)

40 cals is quite low for a chicken dipper - I syn at 3 or 3.5 each. (No point in fooling myself so I tend to over rather than under if I am not sure). I also think the knorr curry sauce would be 3/4 syns per serving not 5 per packet (to roughly work it out 1 syn is 20 cals - so if it has 180 cal per packet & you make a meal for 2 then it's 4.5 syns each.

When I get stuck cutting out grains (to one portion per day of either bread, porridge, rice or potatoes & 2 no grain days if I can - this also means nothing with flour at all) seems to get me going again. I eat more dairy (low low cheese and mullers) so that I am satiated & loads of veg.
Stick to it and it will work - I seem to get 2/3 good losses and then 2/3 stay the sames or 1/2 lb off then back to a good loss. It's different for everyone. You'll get there!

Thanks Mrs,
Just getting a bit down at the minute cos I'm sticking to it big time and not seeing much loss.

Hi all, I joined sw a few weeks ago, glad to find this group:). I'm liking the plan so far, lots of great recipes, my fav is the chip shop curry sauce - yummi with sw chips.

Hi all, I joined sw a few weeks ago, glad to find this group:). I'm liking the plan so far, lots of great recipes, my fav is the chip shop curry sauce - yummi with sw chips.

Hi Redchick, welcome!! you'll get loads of help and motivation here :D

Keep us posted on how your getting on.

Hi and welcome - have you a diary thread on here? Lots of help and motivation to keep you going on here.

Hi and welcome - have you a diary thread on here? Lots of help and motivation to keep you going on here.

Not yet anyway - find it hard enough to find time to have a look at these forums. I'm getting loads of tips and I'm so happy to know I'm nt the only one who struggles or who doesn't have huge losses really quickly.

Hi Everyone another newbie here :). I had my first weigh in last week and lost 4lb so due to weigh again tomorrow night .
Love this site, great to know you are not alone xxx

Hi Everyone another newbie here :). I had my first weigh in last week and lost 4lb so due to weigh again tomorrow night .
Love this site, great to know you are not alone xxx

Wow that's great, you must be thrilled.

HI everyone, ive had 2 weigh days so far, first week lost 2.5lbs, second stayed the same but i was happy with that. had a terrible week. Ive decided to come off SW until Saturday when i will start afresh, ive loads on this week and just couldnt get my head sorted to get organised.

good luck everyone

HI everyone, ive had 2 weigh days so far, first week lost 2.5lbs, second stayed the same but i was happy with that. had a terrible week. Ive decided to come off SW until Saturday when i will start afresh, ive loads on this week and just couldnt get my head sorted to get organised.

good luck everyone
Just get yourself back on track as soon as possible - SW works when you do it right - have come to the conclusion no one ever reaches the end of the days and wishes that they had eaten more cake or kebabs! Good Luck.

Back