Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Newbie here too. First weigh in last week lost 6lbs. This week bit more nervous went to bray today and ended up in the sit down chipper got hake and chips. Tried not eat too many chips but failed wasn't a full bag of chips though maybe 2/3. Does anybody know syns, had 14 and a 1/2. Feel guilty all day nothing I can do but making some super free soup 2mo and will be extra good till weigh in ant fingers crossed to getting my half stone :)

Newbie here too. First weigh in last week lost 6lbs. This week bit more nervous went to bray today and ended up in the sit down chipper got hake and chips. Tried not eat too many chips but failed wasn't a full bag of chips though maybe 2/3. Does anybody know syns, had 14 and a 1/2. Feel guilty all day nothing I can do but making some super free soup 2mo and will be extra good till weigh in ant fingers crossed to getting my half stone :)
From what I can figure - a small portion of chip shop chips comes in around 500/600 cals so with 20 cals to a syn that makes about 25-30 syns for the chips.

I checked website it says

Product. Extra Easy Original Green
Chips, fish & chip shop, average serving 17½ 27 17½

I think the 20cal to 1 syn rule is only for snacks, like food that has no free or super free. Like chocolate or cake.

weigh in 2mo, me nerves.

how is every1 getting on

I couldn't find that on the website for some reason. If I'm ever in doubt I tend to over estimate syns so I'm expecting the worst! Good Luck with weigh in.

I just went to database it's on right hand side down the end and search basic food and then chips. I lost a pound so got my half stone delighted as that was my easy Christmas target my hard one which I'd really love is 10lb so hopefully can do that in 3 weeks :)

Hi I started three weeks ago and have lost 6.5lbs which I am delighted with! What I really miss is curry! But not one that is made from a tin of tomatoes:/ or a tin of peas or and beans!
I don't mind spending a few syns on it.
If anyone can help that would be great!
Thanks

Hi I started three weeks ago and have lost 6.5lbs which I am delighted with! What I really miss is curry! But not one that is made from a tin of tomatoes:/ or a tin of peas or and beans!
Thanks
there's a few on the slimming world website - depends what kind of curry you like - most can be adapted from Madhur Jaffrey, just swap ff yoghurt/cream and ghee for frylight, fat free fromage frais or light coconut milk for a few syns.

Chicken curry in red pepper sauce.
4 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
Fry Light
4x 115g skinless chicken fillets
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 level tbsp ground almonds
113g/4oz green beans, chopped
1 tsp garam masala

To serve
Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped

Hi all, I hope you don't mind me joining in. I am awaiting my fourth WI tomorrow tho I don't hold out much hope for a good loss, as I had a bad weekend, well good weekend it depends which way you look at it :D

there's a few on the slimming world website - depends what kind of curry you like - most can be adapted from Madhur Jaffrey, just swap ff yoghurt/cream and ghee for frylight, fat free fromage frais or light coconut milk for a few syns.

Chicken curry in red pepper sauce.
4 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
Fry Light
4x 115g skinless chicken fillets
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 level tbsp ground almonds
113g/4oz green beans, chopped
1 tsp garam masala

To serve
Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped

That's great thanks! Going to try that soon!

Thanks

Hi.... I'm such a cheat, but I use Knorr hot curry packets, I overestimate the syns at 10 syns for the packet but I'm sure it's alot less as it's made with water!! So I have a 5 syn curry sinner (1/2 packet) Chicken fillet, peppers & onion.... yumm yumm

Hi.... I'm such a cheat, but I use Knorr hot curry packets, I overestimate the syns at 10 syns for the packet but I'm sure it's alot less as it's made with water!! So I have a 5 syn curry sinner (1/2 packet) Chicken fillet, peppers & onion.... yumm yumm

I used to have that on weight watchers, it's one of my favourite dinners. I thought it would be worse in syns, glad to hear its not. Would be lovely with slimming world chips too. Thanks

Hi! I was wondering if anyone out there would like to get together in cork city area and start a small unofficial sw group as there is still not one in cork!! I have books that I used in 2010 and we could use online and magazine. Any thoughts?

Hello there folks, have any of you heard of the syn free sausages made by a crowd called Slender Choices? I just bought them in the Dunnes in Swords. They're in the fridge and I'll be having them for my lunch tomorrow....God I hope they're nice :fingerscrossed: I'll let you know how I get on with them xx

Hello there folks, have any of you heard of the syn free sausages made by a crowd called Slender Choices? I just bought them in the Dunnes in Swords. They're in the fridge and I'll be having them for my lunch tomorrow....God I hope they're nice :fingerscrossed: I'll let you know how I get on with them xx

They're gorg!! Turkey ones are nicer though!

I haven't seen the turkey ones but the pork ones are lovely. I always loved Superquinns' sausages and I've been missing them. These aren't as nice as Superquinns' but they're a good substitute. I had 6 with my lunch!!!:eating:

Are they def syn free!? Have them in the fridge! Was really missing gravy but new knorr gravy stock pots are only 2.5 and I have half of it. I know what I'll be having with my xmas dinner!!

I was a bit dubious about the 25 cent pineapples in supavalue - thought they might have been either under ripe or ready to go off but had one tonight and they are just perfect. Ripe, golden, juicy and sweet. That's snacks for this week sorted - thought I'd make a sort of crumble with some oats on top for dessert tomorrow and do them with choccy dip for the kids.
Worth stocking up on.
The 25 cent melons were ok - a bit hard but edible.

hello, here we are in the new year with our new books which are going to help us all get to target. anyone up for a six week challenge.i hope to loose 7lbs by then.....

Yep I'd be up for that. 5lbs for me which will take me to target.

Back