Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Well I was at Electric Picnic last weekend and I ate and drank all around me! I'm finding it very hard to get back on the wagon and to make it worse I have a wedding this weekend! I promise I'll get back to it next week :eek:

Well, weekend here...this is going to be the hard bit trying to be good..:eatdrink023:

Got the shiny sticker, woohooo, 22lbs gone now, yipeeeeeee. Hope everyone has a great weekend x

Got the shiny sticker, woohooo, 22lbs gone now, yipeeeeeee. Hope everyone has a great weekend x

Wow. Well done Triple B. that's a great loss

Trying to make stew for the first time ever today. And just got a slower cooker, so it's also the first time i'm using a slow cooker. A lot of firsts in there so hope it doesn't back fire.
Decided to pop a few chilli flakes in to give it a bit of kick, but think I might have forgot to stop in time lol

The stew probably would have bn quicker on the hob but only got the slow cooker for during the week. Wanted to try it out first when i'm here all day, instead of plugging it in and heading off for the day.

Have found a lot of slow cooker recipes on online but if anyone here has a favorite would love to hear.

What I learned today : broccoli and cauliflower in a stew on a slow cooker is not a good idea. Still a couple of hours left but just checked and they have completely disintegrated ... oops ... Hope the potatoes and meat survive!! lol

Hello girls, catching up on the thread. Back from Legoland, took me a couple of days to recover, fun but exhausting :faint2: Was completely off plan so have gained at least 3.5lbs, I'll weigh in as usual on Weds & know full extent of the damage.

What I learned today : broccoli and cauliflower in a stew on a slow cooker is not a good idea. Still a couple of hours left but just checked and they have completely disintegrated ... oops ... Hope the potatoes and meat survive!! lol

Ah that's a shame Maria, I have a friend who swears by hers. Be greatfor stews & casseroles in the winter, mighttake a few trys & tweaks.

Hello girls, catching up on the thread. Back from Legoland, took me a couple of days to recover, fun but exhausting :faint2: Was completely off plan so have gained at least 3.5lbs, I'll weigh in as usual on Weds & know full extent of the damage.

Long time between now and wednesday to pull it back! You might surprise yourself :) Glad you had a good time

Long time between now and wednesday to pull it back! You might surprise yourself :) Glad you had a good time

Thanks Maria, had a great time, finding it hard to get back into it. Need to start from scratch & dust the books off, been yoyo-ing since start of the summer, gonna start a diary on here, keep me on track.

How'd your slow-cooker meal work out??

Ah was it.They're a great idea,bung everything in & leave it,my kinda cooking. Is there no threads on here bout slowcookers?
Ye, in the recipes section. Anyay, apparently , root vegetables work better becuase they take longer to cook.
Will give it a whirl with a chilli or something during the week. Can't go wrong with that :)

Ye, in the recipes section. Anyay, apparently , root vegetables work better becuase they take longer to cook.
Will give it a whirl with a chilli or something during the week. Can't go wrong with that :)

True,I must ask my friend what she does.She has four kids & they eat really well,mine are fussy little ******* & meals are a battle.

I love chilli,it's a "belly warmer" as my da would say & I usually cook one every week loaded with veg,it's my "go to" reheat for a quick meal.

I restarted SW today,gonna make a cuppa tea & sit down & reread the books,plan a few meals & snacks.

Back