Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Line a dish with slices of ham.
Cook whatever veg you like in it (e.g. mushrooms, onions etc).
Put the cooked veg in the dish on top of the ham.
Mix a tub of the Tesco Light choices cottage cheese with 2 eggs (I whipped them together to try and break up the lumpy cottage cheese).
Pour over the veg and into the oven Gas Mark 5 for about 30-35 mins.
P

I love this, though have never added ham. I usually do pepper, onion and cauliflower. Lovely warm, or I have a cold piece with a side salad and some balsamic vinegar.

Starving now!

God I am so bad at rembering to come back, how is everyone getting on?? I'd a crap loss last week of half a pound but I didnt let it get me too down, had a big night out on saturday night, was out at Jessie J last night and AMAZINGLY had a 5lb loss this week which gave me my 2 1/2 stone award. Am a bit flabbergasted altogether. The only thing is I still cant see it in me. Got the hubby to take a photo of me and I went back over oldies and I cant see any change at all, though there is a LOT more space between me and the steering wheel lol! Hope everyone has a good week xx

Welcome back TripleB,your flying it with your 2.5st award,FairPlay to you :);)

Line a dish with slices of ham. Cook whatever veg you like in it (e.g. mushrooms, onions etc). Put the cooked veg in the dish on top of the ham. Mix a tub of the Tesco Light choices cottage cheese with 2 eggs (I whipped them together to try and break up the lumpy cottage cheese). Pour over the veg and into the oven Gas Mark 5 for about 30-35 mins. P

Oh I'm gonna try this over the weekend,what kinda dish would I use?Do I have to "grease" it??Ive never made a quiche before so please excuse the ignorance :)

To me quiche has to have pastry but I have given up bread so I suppose I could get used to this

To me quiche has to have pastry but I have given up bread so I suppose I could get used to this

Yeah I've only ever had the pastry based ones & never ventured as far to make one myself, but I like to try something new, so this & a fritata (did i spell that right??) is on the cards.

So do I Izzy, going to get baking tomorrow then

Fergus, have you got the recipe please as I'm been very adventerous, sounds lovely

Triple B, I'm new to this site but I joined slimming world last January and find it is just fantastic. That is a fantastic loss and yet you can still have a great social life, what other healthy eating club would you find that in (answer: none).

Do you measure your waist each week, I do as I often would have a gain on the scales but my waist would be down in inches (last week this happened as I was down half an inch but I was up 1Ib). Have been walking every morning this week (even this morning when it was fairly heavy rain) as I love my walk in the morning, it gives me that boost in the morning I need. I was totally on plan last week even with the gain and so far I'm sticking to it so hoping I will have my 2.5Ibs loss this Tuesday for my 4st award (or bling as we call it in our group - stickers are shiny)

Thanks Orla, I do a bootcamp 4 times a week and he measures all my bits once a month, I keep meaning to write them down but my brain has gone to mush lately!! I'm out every day walking with the dog too, its great, it was miserable this morning and I dragged her out, I don't think she has forgiven me yet lol
Go you with 4 stone, that is amazing!!!

Welcome back TripleB,your flying it with your 2.5st award,FairPlay to you :);)

Thanks Izzy, I just must keep remembering to check in with you all, that receipe that has just been posted sounds fab! I also saw the spreadsheet that was posted, brilliant idea, filled mine in last night, its so nifty!!

Thanks a million for that, it does overwhelm me at times, I have never lost that much before, I did lose 2st 12Ibs once before and then I piled on the weight after that

Bought a pack of these last night, are they nice? Hoping to make a low-syn sausage and mash pie with them. Real winter food, but needed with the weather!

I was meant to come back with a pic of my pie, but wasn't it inhaled within approx 30 seconds of coming out of oven.

Anyway, Sausage Pie Update!!

I boiled the Mallon sausages for about 15 mins, till they were cooked through. Warning- if you haven't boiled sausages before, they look GROSS. All grey and yuck. Chopped them up into chunks, and briefly fried them off in Frylight, just to take the bad look off them! Into the frying pan, I also put a chopped onion.

To make the pie, put the sausage and onions into a pyrex dish. When I am making this for just me and DH I add chilli / spices to jazz it up. Didn't add anything, as my FIL isn't a spice fan! You can also add veg I guess, but I prefer that on the side.

On top of the sausages and onion, I pour a small bit of stock- I'd estimate that it's half a cup of boiling water with an oxo dissolved in it. If it's too wet, it goes slimy.

Over that, I pour a tin of baked beans, and mix the lot up.

Top it off with mashed potato, and cheese if you want, and bung in oven. As the sausages are already cooked, you're really just warming it through. The original recipe I had included flour and other stuff for thickening up the stock, but I've always made it this way instead. If you load up your plate with veggies, it's pretty SW friendly.

Those sausages are surprisingly tasty, I think the boiling helped as they weren't dry/chewy. Put it this way, FIL didn't notice they weren't "real"!

I think I will have a go at this, it sounds lovely, I use the slender choice and Im actually getting used to eating them so will definitely try this recipe at some stage, hope you dont mind me giving this recipe at group as I have a feeling this will go down well at group

This is one of those recipes perfect for these cold winter evenings, look forward to making that, thanks

What does quark actually taste like?? Does it have the consistency of cheese?

Quark is like Philadelphia cheese without any flavour, it is quite bland and most people don't like it but I have to say I do and it gives any recipe you put it into thickness and bulks up a dish. You have to think that there are no syns in this atall and to me it was a no brainer, I see it more as a dessert than for a savoury dish as I would have a strong sweet tooth and at times I need something ready in case I have a craving for something sweet.

All I say is give it a try, I have a recipe for a roulade that in total for the whole cake (rolled like a swiss roll) is half a syn (1 tsp baking powder only ingredient that has syns the rest are syn free)

Hi how is everyone? Have been reading the recipes I must try a few out.

Looking for a little bit of a push. The last four weeks I have sts finding it really hard at the moment. I keep wanting comfort food, no idea what is up with me and if i'm honest I have got a little cocky with my weight loss as everyone is starting to notice so i'm not putting as much effort in if that makes sense.

Words of wisdom ladies!!

Hi how is everyone? Have been reading the recipes I must try a few out.

Looking for a little bit of a push. The last four weeks I have sts finding it really hard at the moment. I keep wanting comfort food, no idea what is up with me and if i'm honest I have got a little cocky with my weight loss as everyone is starting to notice so i'm not putting as much effort in if that makes sense.

Words of wisdom ladies!!

Kinda felt the same way last week Redster, I put up a lb this week through self sabotage, surprised it wasn't more, so I have to make the choice, do I undo the 2st I've lost or do I knuckle down & lose the next 2st. So I'm going back to basics this week, re-reading the books, stocked up on lots of fruit & veg. Gonna try a few new recipes as well this week to keep it interesting. I'm finding it hard this weather, craving stodgy food & no inclination to do any "body magic", I could do some suggestions myself.

Your stats are so impressive, don't lose sight of your goal when you've come so far.

I think that is due to the winter setting in, a lot in the group I attend are feeling the exact same way and some of them have lost over 6st in weight, they would be seen as the ones who will succeed. I have to say I never take anything for granted as I have been on that many diets/weight loss groups before and they all failed, I'm keeping it going as long as it lasts and try and lose as much as possible.

The fact that you came on here Redstar, that is a positive instead of reaching for the biscuit tin, well done you and now you have all of us to encourage you along, keep up the good work, your doing fantastic

Back