Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Issy, so happy your back on track, I think anyone who aims for a sts from now until January is very wise, I have something on each week from now until Christmas so I really want to save my syns and hope I don't go mad when Im out. In terms of Christmas and what to wear on Christmas Day, I have got a dress that both shows off the weight I have lost and also is a very comfortable fit, I have a picture of this on my phone so I will post it when I go on the app in a few minutes. Now only 4Ibs to go to get my 5st reward I really wanted for Christmas

Thanks Orla,I was just caught up in a vicious cycle of the guilts,the more it got to me the more rubbish I ate :(

You on the other hand are rocking in red,very festive, I'm sure you'll have that 4lb off in no time ;)

Thanks Issy, I absolutely adore the colour red (well from the two dresses I posted on this site you would never have guessed that !!!) but it looks like our consultant is taking all of her social team out on the 12th December so I have a dilemma but I think I will wear the black and red dress, was thinking of wearing the other on the last weigh in night before Christmas, no harm I think so will see

My consultant said to me no doubt I will reach the 5st by Christmas so I think that is a great vote of confidence

Your dress is gorgeous, looks fab on you. I've no doubt you'll get your 5 stone award for Christmas, what a fab present that'll be!

Got my 1.5 stone award tonight, and SOTW... delighted!

That's fantastic coughdrops, I got sotw too what a lovely feeling

I weighed yesterday and I was delighted that I lost 6lbs :bliss:then the day went downhill my car broke down in the middle of ot the main road on the school run and idiot that I am, I forgot my mobile. Three Garda cars passed me with a glance. Long, long day but gover it. I am typing this trying to ignore hubby beside me who has just polished off a chicken burger and 2 salmon bagels and is about to start on a bag of doritos and hommous while I sip diet 7up and he is the skinny one :jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous:

Hi guys, Can I join you??? I'm kicking off my SW journey tomorrow. I'm based in Dublin. I'm hoping the next year gets me to goal!!! I'm not joining group until the new year because of lack of funds.... I dabbled with WW but I was always STARVING, so I'm going to do SW again (I never really did it properly, so I've decided now is the time!!!)

Can any of you tell me the most up to date syn values of:
Batchelors pasta n sauce - any variety
Crosse n Blackwell - pasta n sauce
Erin - savoury rice - any variety
Slimbos rolls
Slimsters rolls

Sorry to be a pest but I've searched the forums and can't find up to date info.

Hi guys, Can I join you??? I'm kicking off my SW journey tomorrow. I'm based in Dublin. I'm hoping the next year gets me to goal!!! I'm not joining group until the new year because of lack of funds.... I dabbled with WW but I was always STARVING, so I'm going to do SW again (I never really did it properly, so I've decided now is the time!!!) Can any of you tell me the most up to date syn values of: Batchelors pasta n sauce - any variety Crosse n Blackwell - pasta n sauce Erin - savoury rice - any variety Slimbos rolls Slimsters rolls Sorry to be a pest but I've searched the forums and can't find up to date info. Thanks :)

Slimbos are roughly 5 syns to my knowledge, the bachelors pasta n sauces vary depending on flavour from free to about 3 syns I think. Don't know about the others although Bachelors savoury rice is free.

KinaKK, I had an idea I was going to be a good loss but I just didn't want to say that online as that tends to put a jinx on me and it worked, I went to class yesterday evening and got up on the scales and lost 5.5Ibs :D OMG I'm still stunned, not only did I get my 4.5st reward I also got SOTW as well :eek:

I have 4Ibs to go to my 5st reward and also 4.5Ibs would see me going into a new stone bracket (14st) yayyyyyy

Well done orla!

Thanks KinaKK, not too sure about tomorrow as my scales tells me I may have gone up but will know this time tomorrow anyway, I absolutely hate it when Monday evening comes along and my stomach is churning

Slimbos are roughly 5 syns to my knowledge, the bachelors pasta n sauces vary depending on flavour from free to about 3 syns I think. Don't know about the others although Bachelors savoury rice is free.
Thx a million Miss_Taken :)

Was up 1Ib this week, to be honest I'm totally gutted but I didn't say it to anyone, everyone is so busy around Christmas. Anyway will hope to lose that gain and a little more so fingers crossed nothing gets in my way, something like totm and my work Christmas party

Hope you're feeling better today Orla, I'd be gutted too! Even though I know 1lb isn't a big gain, it kinda sets me back a bit. But, it's a new week and you'll have that off in a few days.

To be honest, I think any weight that anyone loses between now and 1st January is a massive achievement... it's a strange time of year for food and drink being pushed on to you, and while (of course!) we can mainly say no, sometimes you just can't (or don't!). I've more social stuff in next 3 weeks than I've had since August. I plan to do Success Express days in between the big meal days / nights out. Hopefully it'll all balance out.

So while I'll be gutted if I gain over the next 3 weeks, and really want to get my 2 stone, it's not going to totally set me back. Because come January I'll be living on beans!

Yeah I have a plan in place, going to TRY and have no syns every day from now until Tuesday but have them on Friday instead and get up on that scales with a vengeance, I know I can lose 5Ibs in one week so I'm going to aim for that and hope it shows on the scales in six days time

Yeah I have a plan in place, going to TRY and have no syns every day from now until Tuesday but have them on Friday instead and get up on that scales with a vengeance, I know I can lose 5Ibs in one week so I'm going to aim for that and hope it shows on the scales in six days time

Good woman!

I want to get 5.5 lbs for Christmas, which realistically isn't looking like it'll happen! I'd need 3 good losses of 2 lbs each, and I've never managed that. I tend to have a good loss then a small one (or gain :mad: ), so I am not predicting a 2 pounder for tonight!

Well ladies I think we should all congratulate ourselves for even being aware of our weight during Christmas! Think of all the people out there who will put on the pounds over the Christmas and not even notice or feel their doing it! Think of all the people who plan to do something in Jan and will prob still put it off then! I'm sure before slimming world we could all have put up more than a pound a week and not felt bad about it until our jeans got too tight! I plan on maintaining this Christmas to stay at target because my reckoning is that Christmas is one week out of 52 and I've been good for 51 of them! Even if you plan on not sticking to it over Christmas your new habits will kick in and I bet you won't eat or drink as much as you would have before you started slimming world!

I have to say your totally right KinaKK, this time last year my eating habits was the last thing on my mind as my mum had just come out of hospital and I was too busy to even think about food. I knew at that stage I was going to join slimming world but it took me three weeks to even pluck up the courage and join as I was joining on my own.

One other thing though in a positive light, since losing over 4.5st my stomach has got smaller and I'm not able to eat as much as I used to and I'm wearing a fitted dress tomorrow night so I can't go mad at my work christmas party :p

You'll have to post up a pic Orla, I bet you'll look stunning! I got 2lbs off last night, so very happy with that. Have my Christmas party next Thursday, so will need to either get a new dress or I might get into some of the barely-worn smaller ones I've had in the back of my wardrobe for years. They deserve a night out, poor things never see light of day...

woooo im going to get my actifry after work so i will be well prepared for xmas! fx!

im thinking if i try not gain or gain a pound r 2 then ill pull it all back (fx) come january!

Would love to get an actifry but I will wait until I come back from holidays, the chips in them are supposed to be fabulous.

I got a friend to do a before and after picture together, there is an app for this so I will post this from the phone later on, definitely will have a picture of me with my hair all done up and my new dress yayyyyyy

Back