Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

I would love an actifry as well. I absolutely love my rice and slow cooker, brilliant and fast.

Orla would love to see your before and after pics. Have a great time at your Christmas party.

I lost 1lb this week, pretty happy with it cause I made a Christmas cake and homemade marizpan so was picking here and there.

I found a Oasis dress size 16 in the back of my wardrobe with tags still on. It never went past my boobs before but bought it in one of those god its such a great offer i have to buy it moments and it finally fits :bliss:

There is a Tunnocks tea cake right beside me for the last 2 hours that hubby got me as my treat and all I keep thinking is another 5lbs and that's my 5 stone off, so its still there. To eat it or not.......

Hi everyone, I joined the site last night and am delighted to see and Irish thread :). So after many disastrous attempts at loosing weight with other known groups I started walking and watching what I ate on my own during the summer. Lost a stone but then started getting sick so put it back on again. Found out my gallbladder was inflamed so doctor told me to cut out fatty foods, that gave me the jump start to want to join a group again. My aunt gave me her old SW book and I tried it for a week by myself and lost 4lbs and signed up the next week. My first weigh in last Tuesday and I was down 5lbs, cannot believe it to be honest. Had a christmas dinner for my course at the weekend and defo over did it on food (was driving so luckily no drink :p) as I felt sick the next morning but hopefully the scales will be kind on Tuesday. Have to say for the first time in about a year I'm enjoying the taste of food again :)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387214330.222110.jpg

1st photo I had lost 1st and 2nd photo I had lost 4st

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387214642.863499.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387214656.875421.jpg

That is the dress coughdrops

thanks a million for that, it feels great to be so much lighter yayyyyy

swit swoo!! Lovely on you, bet it's nice and swishy when you're walking.

Have my party on Thursday and have nothing to wear. Old stuff is too big, and a size down is still uncomfortable. Of course I didn't realise this til last night, and have nowhere to go shopping before then!

Thanks everyone, I absolutely adore the dress, I had a great time and I got up on the scales and was down 3Ibs so moral of the story is eat plenty, drink plenty and then get on the scales and lose 3Ibs

Hi there,
Joined sw online last year and want to give it another go..have lost 8 pds in 3 weeks so feeling pretty good. Would love to join a group but none near me in cork ;(
my big problem is pitta breads, are there any available in Ireland that are a hex b? If not how do I syn them? Also with the mccambridge bread, is there a syn value for these?

thanks for help!!

Hi there, Joined sw online last year and want to give it another go..have lost 8 pds in 3 weeks so feeling pretty good. Would love to join a group but none near me in cork ;( my big problem is pitta breads, are there any available in Ireland that are a hex b? If not how do I syn them? Also with the mccambridge bread, is there a syn value for these? thanks for help!!

The weight watchers pitta breads are a heb, if u can get them? I'm in the north so not sure where to look

Hi Nickyph, I used to get them in Dunnes but not sure if they still do them. I know that ALDI do loads of ww stuff every few months, might be worth keeping an eye on their web page and stock up when they are in, I'm sure they freeze ok.

Hi fellow Irish slimmers. I'm based south Dublin and I'm looking for slender choice sausages. I've tried a number of Tesco stores and super Quinn but can't find them. Any suggestions please? ??

Nicky there is a new group starting in Douglas, would that be near you? I've been waiting years for it to come to cork city so I can't wait to start!

Ruth, I think there is a group in Youghal too, for such a big county I'm totally surprised there is only one but now I know there are others starting up too.

MonkeyTheory, I totally agree with you but I did do a lot of dancing that night and I didnt use any syns on the Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Monday so it was only one bad day and Sunday I was under my syns too.

I have some pitta bread that is a hex B and I think it is a Weight Watchers brand, I live in Athlone and they do stock them in Tesco. In relation to the slender choice sausages, they do stock them in Dunnes, it is very hard to get both the Mallon and the Slender Choice but if enough of you ask about them in your local store then Tesco are usually very obliging as they know they will sell.

Another store that has a lot of slimming world foods is Supervalu, not sure if that is based in my own town but I would imagine they are the same around the country, it definitely is worth a try

AGH i well and truly fell off the wagon! ive been so bad snacking on rubbish etc! need to get back into gear! i got my actifry and love it!

Hey there,

thanks for letting me know re pitta. The ww pitta aren't too great but good to know!
douglas is near me so that's fab, thanks ruth! Youghal is miles from me so not a runner, can't believe it's taken so long to come to cork!

There is no stopping ye Cork people now, I love going down there as I have in laws there, I can look up and see where it is on as I may need to go from time to time

Back