Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Mrs Mc1987, dont beat yourself up about it, think how much you have lost since last Christmas, that is the real achievement and you can get back on track in January

I was at an ops day and they said in jan their starting in Middleton and Fermoy! Had my Christmas party last week put up half a pound put still below my target so happy out! Gonna try be really good up to Christmas Day! I'm taking inspiration from my new before and after picture in last years fav dress to this years Christmas party dress! ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387540994.675669.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387541015.094176.jpg
    ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387541015.094176.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 53
OMG KinaKK, you should be very proud of yourself, you look amazing (or as Nicole would say shamazing). Well done

I have a photo I got off my friend pictured with Hector about three years ago and the difference is unreal but I'm not going to post it until I reach target.

Kinakk you look stunning well done. I had my course christmas party this morning, brought in homemade veggie soup but I nibbled on a few bits of junk but I did exercise yesterday and will again in the morning, taking my little brother to see the Hobbit tonight so we will have something to eat after that too. Just need to watch myself the rest of the week now. Monday's weigh in is too near lol. :break_diet:

Thanks ladies! This thread is a great source of inspiration for me aswell as my group! Slimming world has changed my life and I know it sounds corny but I spent years looking at friends in envy and now I'm more confident and comfortable with myself! I'm sure everyone here will feel the same when they reach target!

MonkeyTheory, I'm the same thinking I usually weigh in on a Tuesday and having to weigh in a day earlier but I'm going out tonight with my work colleagues and I'm going to my parents house first and making the SW chips for myself and my parents as well so that I stick to just trying to be full and hoping I wont drink too much but I think I will let the hair down and enjoy it, at least I can have a lie in in the morning

KinaKK, I havent reached target yet but I can totally understand where your coming from, I feel the same about this site and my closed facebook page, I have made some wonderful friends both here and in my group too. I used to think I would never be thin but now people are asking me have I reached target yet and I tell them I have still over 3st to lose.

I know orla I was the same when I lost around 5/6 stone people would say oh you must be stopping now and I had to say oh yes soon because I didn't even want people to know I was going for my 7 stone award! You look great and I can tell how motivated you are you'll have that 3 stone gone in no time at all! My weigh in is on Monday too and usually it's Wednesday so it's a short week for me but I'm gonna try to really good so I can relax Christmas Day!

I have to say I'm quite open about what I weighed when I joined last January as it was a way for me never to go back to that weight again, when I got up on the scales and saw my weight (yes I was 20st 0Ibs) I actually cried and my consultant (God bless her for she is wonderful) said that will not remain and for me now to look to the future and that is exactly what I did.

I can't believe I'm working really hard to get to my 5st loss now, I never thought it was possible

I love seeing your pics girls, it really pushes me to keep going. I've tried the other groups over the years but I couldn't stick to it, the point counting and actual dieting was hard going and I never felt that the group was really together, no one ever stayed for the after talks so it got really depressing. SW is so different I can't believe it, it's really made a big change in my life and I know that this time next year I'll able to dress better and finally have confidence in myself :)

Yeah I have to agree that the social part of the meeting keeps me going! Knowing that my consultant is going to be supportive and not condescending was very important to me going and staying to class!

Orla and Kinakk, thank you for sharing that, I was 22st0lb in January when I started, and received my 5st award a couple of weeks ago, so I completely agree with you both. I want another 5st off roughly, but couldn't even have contemplated losing 10st total when I started. I've got my Xmas party tonight and instead of the size 26 tunic dress I wore for Xmas last year to cover up, I'll be wearing a size 18 red lace dress that shows off how much I have lost. It feels fantastic, even to just be halfway there, so I don't feel bad about letting my hair down and going over my syns tonight. As long as I refuse to quit, I haven't failed and this time next year, I'll be at target :D I'm already the slimmest I've been since I was 16 :D

Nicky check again as now an option for "cork city" Douglas group is there! First class on new years day then Tuesday at 7:30 from then on! I'm delighted it's starting new years day, very symbolic! 2014 is gonna be my year :)

Girl's you all look fantastic. Kinnak the difference is amazing and your hair looks brilliant. Its a dream to be able to change your whole image. Miss taken, well done on going down that many dress sizes :thumbup:

I cant wait to lose another stone and to finally cut my hair after two years growing it (donating my hair to rapluziel foundation who make wigs for cancer patients). Overhaul my image :D

I was at a kid's party yesterday and gave in on my weakness of rice crispy cakes. Well four of them :eek:

I'm trying upload the pics of the dresses I was thinking of wearing for Christmas. Would love opinions.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
Sorry camera isnt great. The dresses I was thinking of wearing with thick black tights and ankle boots. I love the skirt but finding it hard to match a top with it. White just looks too boring..

So which would you pic? Have a fabulous dress from monsoon but I wore it to my brothers wedding so everyone has seen it.

Attachments

• 1387616339308.jpg
    1387616339308.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 1387616354023.jpg
    1387616354023.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 1387616419168.jpg
    1387616419168.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 1387616450649.jpg
    1387616450649.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 59
Sorry camera isnt great. The dresses I was thinking of wearing with thick black tights and ankle boots. I love the skirt but finding it hard to match a top with it. White just looks too boring..

So which would you pic? Have a fabulous dress from monsoon but I wore it to my brothers wedding so everyone has seen it.

Love the dress! I think the lace would go lovely with the black tights and the ankle boots! If I was wearing the skirt I'd try find a red peplum style top and a thick gold costume jewellery necklace! I find the peplum is great for giving you a waist but hiding your lower stomach!

Thanks ladies! This thread is a great source of inspiration for me aswell as my group! Slimming world has changed my life and I know it sounds corny but I spent years looking at friends in envy and now I'm more confident and comfortable with myself! I'm sure everyone here will feel the same when they reach target!

you look amazing! Wow! Well done x

I'm with the ladies here too Redsters, the lace is beautiful but I think I would wear a different colour tights, maybe red or wine and that way you could wear a black shoe, I saw a lovely black dress when I was buying the dress in monsoon but I said no because I would be completely in black but I just fell in love with the red and black dress

MonkeyTheory and KinaKK, the social part of slimming world to me is the most important part for me, I'm feeling very sad not seeing my group on a Tuesday when DH and I go away on holiday but I know I will come back and get back into it with vengeance.

Miss_Taken, that is amazing just how much you have lost and I can totally relate to you what your saying about even thinking about losing 10st, I have a total of 8st to lose and when I started this journey I never thought I would do it but I have got more than half of that lost already and I do envisage losing it all and keeping it off for life

Back