Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Thanks MonkeyTheory, would you believe it I got my 2Ibs needed no more no less so I have lost a total of 5st now, I'm very happy with that now I can look forward to my holidays

Did everyone have a lovely Christmas? I had a great one and ate a few goodies, think I am a lb up so happy enough with that. Hubby bought me a gps watch so that I can time my walks and it gives me the calories I lost so hopefully that will entice me to walk more.

So did we all get lovely compliments over Christmas. My favourite was a back handed one from my hubbys aunt. This is how it went

Aunt - Oh redster you look great, have lost a lot, how much?
Me - Nearly 5 stone
Aunt - Oh I cant get over it cause you were huge last time I saw you. I compare you to my daughter in law who was as huge as you but she keeps eating and is getting fatter. She is also making my son fat! :4633:

I was in such shock I couldn't get a smart comment out quick enough. Thankfully my mil changed to subject very fast.

Wow Orla 5st is an amazing achievement. I hope everyone had a great christmas. Last weigh in I was the same so didn't get my 1/2 yet. Over the past 8 days I spent about 4 sick with the flu but I'm sure I made up for it on my good days, scales will tell a good story today. Good luck to all weighting in today :)

Did everyone have a lovely Christmas? I had a great one and ate a few goodies, think I am a lb up so happy enough with that. Hubby bought me a gps watch so that I can time my walks and it gives me the calories I lost so hopefully that will entice me to walk more. So did we all get lovely compliments over Christmas. My favourite was a back handed one from my hubbys aunt. This is how it went Aunt - Oh redster you look great, have lost a lot, how much? Me - Nearly 5 stone Aunt - Oh I cant get over it cause you were huge last time I saw you. I compare you to my daughter in law who was as huge as you but she keeps eating and is getting fatter. She is also making my son fat! :4633: I was in such shock I couldn't get a smart comment out quick enough. Thankfully my mil changed to subject very fast.
Ha ha Redster I "love" the back handed comment,you have to wonder how the hell people feel it's acceptable to say stuff like that, my mil comes up with similar.She wanted to put family pix up in frames on the wall,says to me "oh I'll take a pic of you now coz all the ones I have of you are all when you were big",needless to say I wasn't smiling in the photo. We spent Xmas with them & I managed to lose 2.5lbs. Enough said.

Everyone on antibiotics here.Looking 4ward to New Year & new start. That was a great gadjet you got,you'll be clocking up the km in no time ;):)

Weighed in and shocked to see I was down 5lb, I was so sick but I really didn't think I had lost so much. Anyway looking forward to the new year ahead and getting back out walking :)

Well done on all the weight losses. You must be all feeling very proud. I am back on the plan 100%, looks like I will have to start walking in the rain it seems never ending.

Has anyone tried the Sw KFC chicken? The chicken in breadcrumbs I normally buy are gone horrible so would like to start making my own.

Well done on all the weight losses. You must be all feeling very proud. I am back on the plan 100%, looks like I will have to start walking in the rain it seems never ending. Has anyone tried the Sw KFC chicken? The chicken in breadcrumbs I normally buy are gone horrible so would like to start making my own.

The smash chicken? I make it now and again, it's pretty good, and really easy, definitely give it a go xx

Hi all, I'm obviously new here :) I'm so great flu to have found an Irish blog, no disrespect to any other blog / forum but everything seems more complicated when it's American or British coz we just don't have the variety here! I see you're all good pals already I hope I'm not too late joining in !
Ive 3 kids, the youngest being 20months .. I first started slimming world when he was 5 days old and weighed in at 16st .. I lost 2stone with SW but then my then 2YO became quite ill and was in and our of hospital (all is good now tg) and then I went back to work and it's been a busy year .. So here I am 13st 13lb (i lost a pound in the last year lol) ... Determined for 2014 to be MY YEAR! Looking forward to chatting with ye all :)

Hi all!!
i fell completly off the bandwagon this christmas but im back and raring to go!!
what have i missed??

Also how many syns is in the oil you use for the actifry? i know i can use frylight but my hubby is a pain in the backside and doesnt like slimming world chips :(

Hi all, I'm obviously new here :) I'm so great flu to have found an Irish blog, no disrespect to any other blog / forum but everything seems more complicated when it's American or British coz we just don't have the variety here! I see you're all good pals already I hope I'm not too late joining in !
Ive 3 kids, the youngest being 20months .. I first started slimming world when he was 5 days old and weighed in at 16st .. I lost 2stone with SW but then my then 2YO became quite ill and was in and our of hospital (all is good now tg) and then I went back to work and it's been a busy year .. So here I am 13st 13lb (i lost a pound in the last year lol) ... Determined for 2014 to be MY YEAR! Looking forward to chatting with ye all :)

:welcome: hello, feel free to jump in!! We're a friendly bunch ;)

Hi all!!
i fell completly off the bandwagon this christmas but im back and raring to go!!
what have i missed??

Also how many syns is in the oil you use for the actifry? i know i can use frylight but my hubby is a pain in the backside and doesnt like slimming world chips :(

Oh I have severe "Actifry envy" at the moment but just can't justify another kitchen gadjet, havn't even sussed out where to stash the montrosity of a slow-cooker I got before Xmas.

As far as I know (me sister has one) you use one tablespoon of oil in the actifry, so thats 6syns split between you, or you can count oil as a Healthy Extra.

Well done on all the weight losses. You must be all feeling very proud. I am back on the plan 100%, looks like I will have to start walking in the rain it seems never ending.

Has anyone tried the Sw KFC chicken? The chicken in breadcrumbs I normally buy are gone horrible so would like to start making my own.

I was going to make this at the weekend and see if it was nice, a few people who go to my class keep talking about it :)

How'd the smash chicken turn out girls???

i got a slow cooker i just keep out on the bench in the place i had my sons steriliser lol

my actifry it currently is sat on my counter top but i need to find a space for it!

thats not too bad 6 syns n i only eat about a third so 2-3 syns aint bad!

i got a slow cooker i just keep out on the bench in the place i had my sons steriliser lol

my actifry it currently is sat on my counter top but i need to find a space for it!

thats not too bad 6 syns n i only eat about a third so 2-3 syns aint bad!

It's quite a good use of syns really, I'm now mentally clearing space for one & tempted to check Argos :) I have Xmas prezzie money that is burning a hole in my pocket, was gonna keep it for a skinny clothes blowout but soooo tempted.

Happy New Year to you all, and welcome to newbies x

I have the Philips airfryer, the big black yoke. I love it, I could never do SW chips properly in the oven, they never cooked right. I'd definitely recommend it. It's also great for stuff like chicken nuggets etc, which is handy when we have our nieces and nephews over.

I hope the weather isn't battering you too badly, it's actually ok up here in Donegal.

Im in Armagh it was bad this morning but not too bad now!

I got mine for £100 in argos its the actifry plus that holds 1.2kg but it holds alot more than i thought!
I think if im cooking for me ill use frylight but for hubby ill hvae to use oil!

i cooked sausages in it and they were lovely!

I just had a text from my sw consultant (shes new from 2morro) and i warned her my gain isnt nice but a new year new start!!

It's quite a good use of syns really, I'm now mentally clearing space for one & tempted to check Argos :) I have Xmas prezzie money that is burning a hole in my pocket, was gonna keep it for a skinny clothes blowout but soooo tempted.

Issy, not sure where ur at but if it's in the north and you can get to junction 1 in Antrim, the tefal outlet there are/were quite cheap. A friend got the mid sized one (1.2 kg) for £89 in around sept (not sale time) x

Issy, not sure where ur at but if it's in the north and you can get to junction 1 in Antrim, the tefal outlet there are/were quite cheap. A friend got the mid sized one (1.2 kg) for £89 in around sept (not sale time) x

Oh thanks Miss_Taken, I'm slap bang in the middle of Ireland but the hubby sometimes goes North for business so I must suss that option out. Also need to stock up on meds like paracetemol & ibuprofen, we pay a shocking price for them down South & it annoys me to pay it.:)

Back