Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Well done kinakk. New york is amazing but really hard to stay on track.

I'm finding it hard to get back on track since Christmas. I have to stop baking :eek:

Thinking of buying a morphy richards soup maker(cant seem to post link). You put all veg in turn it on and it blends it for you. Looks like a kettle.

Anyone with actifry are they worth the money. My oven seems to be on a lot lately.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Anyone with actifry are they worth the money. My oven seems to be on a lot lately. Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I asked the same question over on a different thread and the resounding answer was yes, they are worth their weight in gold. I want to get one but it'll have to wait a few weeks - I also need to research whether I want the Phillips version or the tefal.....

Well done kinakk. New york is amazing but really hard to stay on track.

I'm finding it hard to get back on track since Christmas. I have to stop baking :eek:

Thinking of buying a morphy richards soup maker(cant seem to post link). You put all veg in turn it on and it blends it for you. Looks like a kettle.

Anyone with actifry are they worth the money. My oven seems to be on a lot lately.

do you know if that's the soup maker that was advertised in SW mag? If so, our consultant reckoned it was very small, that you wouldn't get much soup out of it.

I asked the same question over on a different thread and the resounding answer was yes, they are worth their weight in gold. I want to get one but it'll have to wait a few weeks - I also need to research whether I want the Phillips version or the tefal.....

I've the Phillips one, and I love it. I am always banging on about it. We're a big chip household though!

It's also great for things like chicken dippers, onion rings etc

I think so. I heard it was advertised in the magazine. Suppose to make 4 portions. Im the only one who eats soup here though. Dh said itstoo expensive and whats wrong with how I do it now. Might put it on my birthday list with an actifry :p

Hi, hope you guys don't mind me joining? I am on week 3 my next weigh in is on Wednesday. My class is huge people lining up out the door to get weighed!

1lb down this week..:) Can anyone recommend low syn savoury snacks please. I just don't have a sweet tooth.. spicy or savoury for me...getting fed up with fruit

What about the mug shots? Or you know the velvet crunch crisps there is a thai chillie flavour they are nice and 4 syns per pack!

Might sound a bit odd but if you microwave or oven cook kale you end up with these really crispy crunchy leaves (reminds me of crispy seaweed from the chinese) - I spray mine with a bit of frylight and add loads of seasoning - mix with some crunched up ryvita thins as a HEB and I get a huge bowl of my savoury fix with no syns.

If you have more than 100gms of SW chips on EE, is it not syn free anymore does anyone know please?

Agh i have had such a bad week! had a bad day on thrusday, bad day on sat and i feel so bloated! i have also been nibbling! :(
i am dreading class tonight! i really hope i maintain but i really see a gain!

Can I join ye lads? Just joined a new slimming world group in cork and would love some help and support! Have quite a few stone to lose so could be here for a while!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya!!

I stayed the same this week and after a bad week im happy at that!
looks like this could be a bad week as the hubby finds out today if he loosing his job :( which looks likely as the firm more than likely will be closing!

Hiya!! I stayed the same this week and after a bad week im happy at that! looks like this could be a bad week as the hubby finds out today if he loosing his job :( which looks likely as the firm more than likely will be closing!

Oh bugger mrs mc, that's awful. I hope he's ok....

Hiya!!

I stayed the same this week and after a bad week im happy at that!
looks like this could be a bad week as the hubby finds out today if he loosing his job :( which looks likely as the firm more than likely will be closing!

Sorry to hear that. It's rubbish when that happens. My husband was laid off in 2010, a big shock to the system (and bank account!), but he's much happier now.

I've had a pants few days, sick as a dog, and gained 1.5 yesterday. Can't shake this fluey/achey feeling, but at doc today for blood tests anyway so will see what he says about it.

In January I just ended up losing/gaining same pound. Roll on Feb, put the miserable Jan behind us.

On a happier note- anyone else going to Garth?

Hi All, I'm pretty new to this site and am thrilled I have found it! I joined SW 2.5 weeks ago. My weight loss has been slow so far with a 2lb loss in week 1 and .5lb in wk2. My consultant was concerned that this was very slow and I explained that I am exercising alot, doing alot of weight training and classes. She still didn't really take this as an acceptable explanation and asked me to do a food diary. What do ye think being seasoned slimmers? Do you think this is really slow considering? Thanks very much and well done to all of you!

Hi All, I'm pretty new to this site and am thrilled I have found it! I joined SW 2.5 weeks ago. My weight loss has been slow so far with a 2lb loss in week 1 and .5lb in wk2. My consultant was concerned that this was very slow and I explained that I am exercising alot, doing alot of weight training and classes. She still didn't really take this as an acceptable explanation and asked me to do a food diary. What do ye think being seasoned slimmers? Do you think this is really slow considering? Thanks very much and well done to all of you!

Congrats on taking the leap and joining, that's the hardest part x
I wouldn't worry too much about it, it happens, you're still losing weight, albeit not as much as you'd like. I agree that weight training might affect it if you've just started (exercise causes water retention in the beginning, but should soon even out).
I agree with your consultant tho, you should keep a(n honest) food diary for at least the first 4 weeks. This will help you and your consultant identify anything you might have misunderstood in the plan, and also, it'll be fantastic if your weight loss slows. Pick a food diary for a week you had a great loss, and duplicate it.
But don't let it get you down, and don't let your consultant make you feel like you are "failing". Take it a month at a time, some weeks will be good, some not so a month is a better time frame to gauge your loss.

Good luck buddy xx

Congrats on taking the leap and joining, that's the hardest part x
I wouldn't worry too much about it, it happens, you're still losing weight, albeit not as much as you'd like. I agree that weight training might affect it if you've just started (exercise causes water retention in the beginning, but should soon even out).
I agree with your consultant tho, you should keep a(n honest) food diary for at least the first 4 weeks. This will help you and your consultant identify anything you might have misunderstood in the plan, and also, it'll be fantastic if your weight loss slows. Pick a food diary for a week you had a great loss, and duplicate it.
But don't let it get you down, and don't let your consultant make you feel like you are "failing". Take it a month at a time, some weeks will be good, some not so a month is a better time frame to gauge your loss.

Good luck buddy xx

Thanks very much Miss_Taken :)

Back