Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi all, I'm back and had a lovely holiday, I ate all around me and got up on the scales last Wednesday week (29th January) and was up 13.5Ibs but I literally had got off the plane 5hrs previously so I was told most of that was fluid retention. Went back to my usual Tuesday evening class and yayyy I was down 6.5Ibs. Was thrilled with this as I thought I hadnt lost anything but I have 7Ibs to go to lose my holiday weight.

I had got my 5st reward on the 23rd December so I wont be starting fresh until I have all holiday weight lost.

Welcome to all our newcomers here, it is great to see new blood on this site and often you can get more information here than you get from your consultant, remember they are not exercise experts, they just know about food (not in a bad way). Our consultant I do remember said to us that the first few weeks of starting in a gym or any form of exercise you can gain weight so the fact that you have lost two weeks in a row mmc is a good thing and dont be so hard on yourself. It took my five months to get used to slimming world and then it clicked into place. Can I give you one tip, measure yourself in inches too, often what you dont see on the scales you will see on the inches.

Hi again, I'm a member of a few different slimming world fb pages and one topic that seems to be coming up is just how hard it is to get fromage frais (big fan of the chip shop curry). I live in Athlone and neither dunnes or tesco have them but Im told they are in Aldi.

I was in Tullamore yesterday and I got three tubs in Dunnes there so if anyone else can buy this can you let us know where to get them and then put pressure on the other shops to follow suit, there are lots of members in slimming world in this country so between us all we can put pressure on the shops to supply

Orla, my local Tesco had the living choices Fromage Frais - it's not the fat free one though, it's reduced fat with 46 kcal per 100g. But I've never found any fromage frais there before so it's a start. I'm sure I read somewhere that the fat free is coming back to Tesco though!

Attempting to make the SW jellies (2 packs of Sugar Free Jelly, 2 packs of Gelatine in 1/2 pint of water and poured into moulds). They're currently in the fridge and got 30.5 filled. Should sort out any sweet cravings.

Attempting to make the SW jellies (2 packs of Sugar Free Jelly, 2 packs of Gelatine in 1/2 pint of water and poured into moulds). They're currently in the fridge and got 30.5 filled. Should sort out any sweet cravings.

Hi, how did they turn out? would be interested in making thee :)

Thanks Fergus for this, a friend of mine who is a consultant also was looking for this, I just sent it on to her now :thankyou:

I am on extra easy and I want to buy one of the cookbooks for receipes. Could anyone recommend one?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Newme14, I got the family feasts on a budget last week and find it lovely esp for feeding the whole troop! But depends what you are looking for!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

NewMe14, if your looking for recipe, you can get all these online. Unless you use the books all the time there is enough resources around (yes here is one of the best if not the best) to get SW recipes and the best thing is it is free

Is your consultant great at giving you recipes too, mine is very good as she loves experimenting with recipes all the time, that definitely helps

Hi all, haven't had time to get on in a while, hope everyone is doing well. I was up 1/2lb last week (own fault for having 4 bars of choc the day before weigh in :banghead:) anyway down 2lb tonight and can see first target in sight only 4lb to go. Orla I saw you were looking for fromage frais, I know dunnes and tesco in thurles sell one I think the company is Killbeg dairies, they have a range of quark, fromage frais, cottage cheese and something else, all the tubs look the same to me you could google the company to see what the packages look like, but I have also seen them in Aldi and Lidl near the milk if that helps.

Thanks very much monkeytheory, I got them in Dunnes in Tullamore last Wednesday and since that post other friends in slimming world have got them, I got the Kilbeg and I had it for the basket this evening

Well done you on your loss, often times we just need to give in and we regret it at the time and the next time on the scales but I think it makes us refocus the following week and then have a huge loss and you had a big loss this week so don't worry about it

Yeah I use the online section a good bit and I like trying out new meals. I bought the magazine this month and loads of good ones in it. I had my weigh in this morning and I lost 2lbs.

Well done NewMe14 :). Yea Orla it definitely pushed me to get back on track, I have loads coming up in the next few months so the more I lose the better I feel about being photographed. I just started using the quark last week I used it to make gratin and to thicken up pasta bake but want to get onto the site and find more ideas it's a handy little tub to have :)

Thanks girls.

Monkeytheory just wondering where you bought the quark? I have searched everywhere and can't find? I've been looking in the cheese sections of shops? You know when you wouldn't know what something looks like!

Back