Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Thank you monkeytheory, the quark is one of those foods that I think every SW member has to have, to me it is just as important as the frylite spray

NewMe14, I dont think the quark is with the cheese section, it is in a fridge alright but to say exactly I'm not sure where it would be, ask any of the staff and they should be able to tell you

Newme I got it across from the milk in the cottage cheese section if you look on the kilbeg dairies website you can see the tub and what it looks like, they stock it in tesco with the fancy cheese it's the same tub. I don't like the taste alone but it's great for mixing with other things, going to have to try make some desserts with it now :)

Hi everyone,

I am a complete newbie from Belfast. Literally joined this afternoon when I weighed myself.

I would be really grateful to talk to like minded people and gain some slimming world advice!

Thank you :)

Well, this is a huge forum - just find the few threads you like and subscribe, then they'll always be there for you! It's a good idea to start a diary as well especially if you're new to the diet, so that if you're making any mistakes someone will puck up on them! Are you on Facebook??

Welcome Cmg28 to this mad group as sus_murf said, I bet you will be addicted in no time. Do you mind me asking did you join a group in Belfast or are you doing it online. I'm a member in Athlone here and I have to say I have made some wonderful friends there and I'm also on the social team and to me this is just wonderful (weigh in tomorrow at 5.30pm) and very much needed. If your an online member then coming on here is very important as the whole sw approach is all about supporting each other and you will make friends on here as there are so many on this site that there is bound to be one who has the same story as you.

I love to see new blood and to see you move along. As sus_murf said have a read of all the categories, for me what is important is what weight category I'm in, this thread is important too as Im Irish too and find it difficult to find Irish products on the app and the third one for me is what day I weigh and what I lost/gained that particular day. Im also starting (again) fertility treatment as I have PCOS and this thread about my health is important too (would be great if I could find it again)

Anyway hope you enjoy coming on here and updating us on your progress and good luck

It is great to have someone to talk about this, sadly this is not the first time I'm going through fertility, I tried back in 2002 and then left it until last year and that was very close to working. I have PCOS and was diagnosed with this in November 2000 and have had to suffer most symptoms in that time but I got bloods back that were taken before Christmas and it looks like my hormone levels are normal so fingers crossed this time is our time and it was completely down to losing the weight

Hi ladies

I've been on here many times over the years and have been a target member for about a year.

Just wanted to let Orla and Sinead know that I went through fertility treatment before joining SW which was unsuccessful. Then did another cycle in early Jan this year and I'm now 8.5 weeks pregnant with twins! I decided to get back into minimins as I'm finding it v tough to stay on plan with all the nausea and I've completely gone off fruit. I've found a great pregnancy thread here though that I'm hoping will keep me on track once I get past the dreaded first trimester.

Best of luck with your treatment. SW is such a healthy diet that you're really giving yourself the best chance :)

Sinead

Hi ladies

To spare you all from falling asleep, I shall tell you the short version!!

I did slimming world last year, by myself and managed to lose 5stone. How I did it I honestly don't know as I didn't do syns and stick to it entirely. (so where is she going with this I can hear you all think) hehe!

Well after my huge weight loss I fell pregnant. And before I continue I read that you ladies are having treatment and I am hoping and praying that it works for you both. Dont give up!!!!

Well three months in they discovered I was diabetic but couldn't diagnose me until the baby was born. Thankfully the little women arrived in November past and after a scary few months is doing well!

Sorry for the long winded story but that's just a short snapshot of me.

I have just found it really so difficult to even attempt to lose weight with taking insulin etc. I am really hoping that this forum and the craic with you girlies will spur me on.

X

Good luck with your fertility treatments ladies, hope it all goes really well for you. Cmg, all the best with your slimming world journey, I know it's tough with diabetes as a very good friend of mine had the same problem trying to lose weight (she's diabetic and coeliac so can't have anything with wheat or gluten). She has struggled with her weight for a long time, but is finally a target member and looks absolutely fantastic, so it can be done. To be honest though, I think you're on the best weight loss plan for it, it just needs even more planning for syns and things like that. You can do it xxx

Thanks ladies for that, I usually wouldnt come out and say all that I'm going through but it is nice to be able to talk about why I'm really here and this is basically it. I told my consultant last year and she was so wishing it would work for me and it very nearly did, the positive was I actually did ovulate for the first time ever and that to me was a success even though I didnt get pregnant. When I told her last Tuesday (that is my weigh in day) I could see she was near to tears when I told her that my hormone levels were normal for the first time ever, she herself has PCOS but she never had problems conceiving so she totally understood.

My gut instinct tells me that this time it may actually work for me. I got my prescription the other day and it was the exact same prescription as my friend (who is also in slimming world) and she got pregnant and she was seeing the same gynae as me so I do think they believe that this may work for me.

Lets hope that I can post something "positive" in the next few weeks fingers crossed and thanks, you dont understand just what this means to me

Ladies i hope your treatment works for u!

Long story short - I also have PCOS and was told i had a sever case and would need treatment if i wanted to get pregnant! Well i joined slimming world in Jan 2012 and had my son in Dec 2012 as i lost weight i started ovulating (which i never done).

I joined slimming world in Aug/sept 2013 and we decided to start trying again in dec as it took us 2 years for me to get preg with my son and i got preg right away and am now 9 weeks :)

I really believe that losing weight has helped me so much and i hope it helps you all too!

My story is similar to yours in that I actually ovulated for the first time ever in November 2013. I'm going to see my gynae on Monday and he is going to decide firstly whether I need surgery (I may not need it if I actually conceive with this treatment I'm on currently - that is the plan anyway) but if I need surgery they may do a lap, drilling and ovary removal (my left ovary is in the wrong place and the tube on that side is non existent so it is possible he might remove this and give me the best chance on the right side which is perfect)

Please send baby dust my way, I have a feeling it may work this time

Sending lots of baby dust your way Orla. I dont have pcos. I dont know what's wrong to be honest. I had a lap & dye in feb 2013 and both tubes were unblocked. I get my period every 29 days but nothing was happening so i started on fermara (its like clomid) in oct. Took it Oct no luck and the same for nov. Took it in dec and also got an injection to make sure I ovulated at a certain time. Still nothing. Had blood tests done in jan and my thyroid is underactive so now on meds for that. Also found out I dont ovulate every month and my ovarian reserve is very low at only 5.2. Im back again for more blood tests the end of this month once I get my period to re check my thyroid and find out what quality my eggs are. My husband got tested too and he is fine so the problem is def me. We only got married last may and I was a size 8/10 now im a size 18. The weight piled on without me changing my diet drastically so im blaming the thyroid for that! I joined sw in jan and im down 10 ibs so far. Have another 3.5 stone to go. Im only 5ft so all this extra weight is terrible on me. Plus this extra weight cant be helping my chances to conceive.

Sinéad, my story is very similar to yours, I only ovulated on seven femara last November and this had never happened before. Going by my book on my weight Im now lighter than I was then and it almost worked and now I took 14 femara (7 last Saturday and 7 last Sunday). The last time I had the injection too and that did bring on ovulation.

I have borderline thryoid for as long as I can remember and at one point I did actually go to the levels that considered me underactive so just hoping that never happens (not until at least when I have the weight loss anyway) and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Sinéad, one of the symptoms of PCOS is an underactive thyroid, did you get a scan to make sure you dont have PCOS, I would look for one. I got bloods taken last December to basically check out that I'm not in the menopause (was 40 last August and early menopause does run in the family sadly) and my FSH and LH ratio was normal (that never happened before).

Girls, you really are having a hard time of it aren't you?? I hope your treatment works for - it's a really positive step getting your body ship shape anyway.

1987, congrats on your news - are you going to try and stick to SW throughout??

SW is new to our area, so when my sister and I were in the city we were looked 2 mad ones going round the supermarkets picking up things we can't get locally. The first supermarket had low & no syn sausages, garlic fry light and a variety of Alpen light bars (can only get choc and fudge here). The second had BBQ fry light and some new seasonings. Still no chicken bovril though!!

Attachments

• image-2214670296.jpg
    image-2214670296.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 56
Back