Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Thank you!

Yes im going to try and stick to it! im not doing so well at the min as my sickness is mainly at dinner time in the evening and ill i want then is chocolate! :(
need to get my butt into gear! i really want to get into the 11's!

baby dust to u all!!

Thanks sus_murf, I wont deny it isnt easy but I do have a strong faith and if it doesnt happen I will accept it, what is for you wont go by you, that is all you can do. One thing I will do is keep on losing weight, if I never have a child then it will be hard to deal with but I have to look at what I have and thank my lucky stars I have such a good life. DH is very supportive, we have no mortgage and both of us are working. My whole perspective changed when my mam got cancer a second time, I realised just how lucky I was and instead of feeling sorry for myself I started to think about what was good in my life. I wont deny that I have shed many tears over not having children but sw keeps me focused, my own consultant has PCOS as well and it is great to get a private moment and tell her all my news (hard to get her on her own as everyone wants a piece of her) she genuinely is happy when I have good news and I know myself she will probably shed a few tears if I do get pregnant.

I love this site as well and have made some really wonderful friends. I think overall my favourite is this one as we are all Irish and I genuinely do get help when I need to know where to get some products. One of my friends who is a new consultant in Ballinasloe asked us on our own facebook page how many syns in Miller and Heineken and you cant get it on the app or on the sw website as it is an Irish product and very hard to get the syn value, this can be a bother but what I usually do is google it and the answer comes up somewhere on this site (actually does anyone know how many syns in each both bottle and can if you know please let me know)

I will keep you all updated how my fertility treatment is going and lets hope that baby dust actually works for me like it worked for you Mrs Mc1987 :fingerscrossed:

Hi everyone haven't been on in a while! Been enjoying being a target member! Harder than I thought but keep going to group so I'm still on track! Hope everyone's keeping well! Had a recipe talk last week in group because so little turned up due the weather and I have to say I really enjoyed it! Love hearing other women's advice on recipes and sharing mine!

It is so good to see you again on here Kinakk and thrilled that your still on target. I heard it is quite difficult to stay on target, as it is a fine balancing act.

I dont know if you heard of the group on FB called slimming world recipe swap, they have over 700 recipes on their site but I do suspect that some of them are repeated. You have to request to be included on the group but I find they are brilliant for recipes

Thanks orla! Oh yeah I'm on all the Facebook pages trying out new recipes! Although I always check syn values myself as some can be misleading as some people on the site aren't part of slimming world! There's some great ideas tho!

Hi all, came on today because not been having a good day only to read all the fertility stories, we're going through the same too I have pcos too. Spent about 5 years going to a certain hospital and got no help whatsoever, got an appointment for a new place for tuesday 4th March so hopefully now things will work out. It's giving me a push to lose more weight, just wish the weather would be kinder so I could walk today :) positive thoughts and wishes to all xx

It is a known fact that weight and PCOS are connected and I'm not surprised that a lot of us have PCOS (most women on this site). I hope I didn't annoy anyone posting about my fertility problems and if I have don't be afraid to say so and I wont talk about it again but I was so frustrated about my weight for the last 13 years of my life and I suppose I unleashed it all on you guys but I'm so happy that some of ye have come out and told your story, PCOS can be such a difficult thing to accept and that side of the disease is often the one thing that is not discussed and a lot of women tend to have depression, sadly I'm one of them.

Monkeytheory, don't be so hard on yourself as you have done remarkably well and to come on here if your having a bad day is a sign that you needed someone to reassure you and take it from me you certainly will here, I find this site is invaluable. Don't get me wrong, our own slimming world group is great and you need your image therapy but you cant tell your deepest darkest secrets to them as your facing them each week but here you can and so glad you came on as now you know your not alone :grouphugg:

Thanks Orla, it's been a tough few days but i'm looking forward to weighing in tomorrow whether it's good or bad, I didn't get to stay for class last week so it's been great to have here to look to when things aren't going well.

Personally I'm delighted you posted about your issues with fertility, I too suffer with depression, though I have to say losing weight has helped, i'm definitely not as bad as I was say a year ago. It's a very tough road and it's impossible to talk to others who don't deal with it on a daily basis. Anyway I'm blessed to have found a great husband who is always willing to listen to me whinge but it's just not the same as having other ladies to chat to.

Anyway, good luck to all weighing in tomorrow, hope everyone is happy with what they see on the scales :) xx

Your very sweet monkeytheory, glad that I can be of help to someone, I'm all for telling people about been in slimming world but definitely shy away from mentioning that I can get very down and depressed at times but I think the weight loss has definitely helped me with that thankfully.

I have been accused of been cocky and maybe I am a bit but I worked so hard to get to where I am today that I absolutely love praise, I don't think there is anyone who doesn't like praise, it does them very good and lifts their spirits. Most of my life I was always defending myself and it got so bad that I felt completely worthless, I would compensate with food and also with showing I wasn't shy or scared inside (which is exactly how I felt). I have to say I have a wonderful husband who loves me for the way I am (although I can get a bit irritating at times) but he is brilliant and my solid rock. At 39 (and yes an impending big birthday approaching) I decided to take control of my life and that is exactly what I'm doing now. I got a wake up call with my mother getting cancer a second time and nearly dying on me twice and I knew I had to lose the weight.

I joined on the 22nd January, 2013 and my whole life changed from that point onwards. The highlight was been asked by my own consultant to be part of the social team, for nearly the first time in my life I felt I was worthwhile not worthless and I have been there since.

Today I got great news by my gynae, as you know I have PCOS and my ratio of FSH:LH was always around 1:4 and last week I got blood results that were taken in December and they are a normal 2:1 which means my hormones are normal. He said based on this result he couldn't see there been a problem in me ovulating by myself instead of been helped with by meds, you can imagine this was music to my ears. Overall the news was positive, fingers crossed the next test I do will be "positive"

Oh fingers crossed for you Orla. I had a sts tonight but periods due 2moro so hoping its due to that. I've no symptoms that they are coming but don't want to do a pregnancy test as can't bear seeing the not pregnant sign :(
Gonna try having another good week at slimming world and hope to see a minus next Monday. I lose sooooo slowly!

Thanks Orla, it's been a tough few days but i'm looking forward to weighing in tomorrow whether it's good or bad, I didn't get to stay for class last week so it's been great to have here to look to when things aren't going well.

Personally I'm delighted you posted about your issues with fertility, I too suffer with depression, though I have to say losing weight has helped, i'm definitely not as bad as I was say a year ago. It's a very tough road and it's impossible to talk to others who don't deal with it on a daily basis. Anyway I'm blessed to have found a great husband who is always willing to listen to me whinge but it's just not the same as having other ladies to chat to.

Anyway, good luck to all weighing in tomorrow, hope everyone is happy with what they see on the scales :) xx

Good luck 2moro at your weigh in :)

Thanks Sinéad, I used to dread having to do a test that my gynae told me that they have to know if I'm pregnant or not so I would do it then and inevitably it would always be negative. I know I'm mad but I walked in that rain this morning, I had to because getting up on the scales this morning it looked like I hadnt lost any and I got drowned, fingers crossed I get at least a maintain today even though I was 100% on plan all week

Don't think I could cope with a Tuesday W/I... I need the extra day to recover from the weekend ;)

Orla- genuinely thrilled you got good news, that's brilliant. I was thinking about you all day, wondering "is she in with doc yet?"

I haven't been on here much recently, but I hope this year will bring us all closer, or indeed all the way, to getting our babies xx :fingerscrossed:

Exactly Niamh, it went very well, texted my consultant and told her how it went, she couldnt believe it.

Niamh, wouldnt it be fantastic if we were all to announce we were expecting babies at the same time, that would make my day. My appointment was at 4.15pm in Ballinasloe and it went very well although I didnt go in until after 4.30pm and better still I wasnt charged for this. Have to ring them back tomorrow as I have to try and identify peak + 7 for bloods (not sure if a scan as well)

Anyway hoping today is good for me, I really dont want to be up so would be happy with a maintain, fingers crossed that happens

Hi, I was down 1lb tonight was hoping for 2lb but will take it and not sulk haha.
Orla I was out walking in the rain yesterday too, I have to keep pushing myself, making myself do it so we can get a success at the hospital this time, our first appointment is next Tuesday at 3 so I'll have to weigh in early on Tuesday morning, then I can relax a bit if we have to eat out in the day.
Hope everyone got on well this evening if weighing in :)

I'm a Tuesday weigher as well monkeytheory and I was down 2.5Ibs but more importantly I got slimmer of the month for the first time since joining slimming world January 2013

Good luck Niamh, fingers and toes crossed for you that you have a loss

Well done ladies, it's just great to see something off the scales at the end of the day. Well done on SoM Orla, my little sister won it last month and this month again, so proud of her, some day I might win haha

Back