Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi all! Ye are all so right about staying to class! I love my class and have been at target of losing 7 stone since November and still attend every week! If I stopped going I'm pretty sure I'd have at least a stone of that back on! It's a social thing for me now rather than focusing on weight loss targets but weighing in every week kicks my arse if I'm slipping up and up! I love sharing tips and hearing people who are similar to me coping in different ways with habits and things they find hard to avoid!

Sinéad, I can relate to this although my first week I lost 8Ibs but then I would get half a pound or a pound and I saw all around me people losing 5Ibs and more and I would get a bit down but do you know what, they have all left and I'm still there and hoping to get my 5st reward back again this evening, the slower you lose it then a better chance of keeping it off and getting used to having slimming world for the rest of your life

Kinakk, you are truly amazing and I wont be surprised to hear your the biggest loser in your class, that is amazing and I bet your a real source of inspiration to others. I was told yesterday that without me realising it, I was an inspiration to others and I bet your the same. I agree too with you that my class is a social thing now rather than a weight loss class

sinead well done on the loss that is fab.

Can't wait to hear how you get on tonight Orla. I am so excited for my weigh in tomorrow morning :)

Hi all, hope every one is well this week, I had to make it to an earlier class this morning, it was so odd seeing all the different faces but there were all so lovely, I managed 2lb off so now got my first stone and a half off and hit my club ten. I'm really proud of myself this week as i fit into a size fourteen jeans, I think the last time I did that I was about 17 lol. Best of luck to everyone this week :) xxx

I was down 1Ib so all holiday weight off and I have 5st lost again, now we are starting brand new and hoping to get right back into the swing of things, very happy tonight

Yes i am really nauseous alot and being sick often! im 11 weeks now! :) had a scan yesterday and all is going well! :)

oh fingers crossed that this is ur month!! and u get your bfp!!

i had a half a pound on this week and i expected more from not being on plan! i am hoping to get my stone award then just stay around that weight!

Thank you sus_murf, I can totally relate to what your saying. I have been trying to get out of the 15st to 14st group but I have been in that group since mid November (I know I was on holiday for a month) but I thought I had it yesterday but stayed exactly at 15st and no more, another half pound and I would have gone into the 14st.

I cant complain I got my 5st reward last night but this week I'm going to be super good and get myself into the 14st bracket

Kinakk, hope you get your maintain and maybe even a little loss (fingers and toes crossed) let us know how you get on

Mrs Mc1987, this is the longest two weeks I have to wait, pure torture but I'm not hoping that I dont have to do it as TOTM will arrive before I do test (hope I didnt confuse you there)

Hi I stayed for class today really enjoyed it. I lost 5lbs too and got SOTW. My consultant had to check my name a few times I suppose that's because she wouldn't know me to see like some of the other girls there she knows by first names and they all had great tips. It's great how she can flick and tell how much people has lost I really like that.

Last edited:
Really well done on the losses girls their all brill we should all be very proud of ourselves :)

Excellent thrilled you stayed and delighted you liked it so much, now it will be so much easier now you have the first meeting done

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Orla. I'm here thinking now what was I scared of in the first place. I didn't have to speak at all and there was plenty of people willing to speak up and share ideas and tips.

Absolutely, surprised that the consultant didnt ask you what you did for the week especially after been SOTW

Yeah no people just started getting up and leaving once one put on coat another and so on and there was still 5 mins to go so the class was kind of over them and she quickly looked up SOTW. I was shocked because girl near me lost 6 but maybe it was her first week.

I'm not too sure how they calculate SOTW is it if you haven't gained or STS the previous week?

Ps thanks a mill to everyone here who pushed me to go x

Yeah no people just started getting up and leaving once one put on coat another and so on and there was still 5 mins to go so the class was kind of over them and she quickly looked up SOTW. I was shocked because girl near me lost 6 but maybe it was her first week. I'm not too sure how they calculate SOTW is it if you haven't gained or STS the previous week? Ps thanks a mill to everyone here who pushed me to go x

Congrats, and I'm so glad u stayed for (and enjoyed) class, I look forward to it nearly every week. Sotw is the person who lost the most who also had a loss or sts the week before (so new members or yo-yo losers don't always get it).
I bet you find the tougher weeks easier now that you feel better about staying xxx

Your very welcome NewMe14, so glad you went. In class, usually once the talk is over then in my class I would enrol the new members but 99% are gone within a minute or two (probably to do with talking about food during class and everyone is starving at that stage) but they do leave quickly

I have given up sweets, chocolate, crisps and biscuits so as you can imagine, I'm craving a bar of chocolate already and it is only Day 1

Back