Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi everyone! I have been MIA in the last few weeks! im still attending group but not really sticking to the plan! im nearly 16 weeks pregnant and this week i had a gain of 1lb. So im going to get back on plan and try get my stone award (2lbs from it). but all i want these days is chocolate, crisps and indian food! lol Hope everyone is good!!

Hi Mrs Mc. I follow this thread but don't post often. I'm 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow! My midwife wouldn't sign off on me attending group so I haven't been in about 6 weeks. I've been weighing myself at home though and I've put on about 8 lbs in total though!!! I was at target when I got pregnant. I'm disappointed in myself as I've really lost the plot but just back on track since Sunday. I'm doing a daily food diary which I'm posting in the pregnancy section on here.

Well done on only being up 1lb. It's v difficult during pregnancy so don't be hard on yourself. Fair play to you for sticking with it. Give yourself the credit you deserve. :)

Hi Mrs Mc. I follow this thread but don't post often. I'm 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow! My midwife wouldn't sign off on me attending group so I haven't been in about 6 weeks. I've been weighing myself at home though and I've put on about 8 lbs in total though!!! I was at target when I got pregnant. I'm disappointed in myself as I've really lost the plot but just back on track since Sunday. I'm doing a daily food diary which I'm posting in the pregnancy section on here.

Well done on only being up 1lb. It's v difficult during pregnancy so don't be hard on yourself. Fair play to you for sticking with it. Give yourself the credit you deserve. :)

Thanks sinead! Im also 16 weeks 2morro! ha ha i guess we prob have same due date then (25th Sept??).
I did get mine signed by a consultant but my midwifes keep passing me about to who to get full permission from! but im still attending group!
i need to get back on track but i dont have the will power! im just constantly tired with being pregnant and running after my 15 month old! ( and not to forget i just moved house last week and was eading in my mother in laws and the chippy would be more healthy than her food) lol

Yes I'm also due the 25th Mrs Mc! That's gas! My consultant said she won't let me go beyond 11th Sept though as I'm expecting twins.

Gosh, no wonder you're wrecked with a 15 month old. I'm exhausted myself and there's only me to look after (& DH I guess ;-) ). Maybe try to keep a food diary so you're v conscious of the plan and what you're eating but don't be too worried if you go over your syns a bit. Are you having your extra A & B?

Congratulations ladies, and well done on sticking to plan as well as you can... I don't know if I'd have the willpower!

Down 1lb this week after all my whinging, so happy with that.

Hi, Just found this tread.. had my 5th weigh in today and my weight is slowly coming off but losing motivation.. Any tips would be great on just how to keep my motivation levels up??

Vickyt89, just stick to it, I know we all want the weight to fall off us faster but it is always better to come off slower as then you will get used to the plan and it will stay off too

I'm thrilled to have lost so much, I was thrilled but stunned at the same time, love coming on here and telling everyone.

MrsMc1987, your already 16 weeks pregnant, where did that time go, hope all is going well with you

Hi, Just found this tread.. had my 5th weigh in today and my weight is slowly coming off but losing motivation.. Any tips would be great on just how to keep my motivation levels up??

I am such a slow loser, it has taken from Aug to now to lose 2 stone. Although I'm known for not sticking to plan 100% every week, so the weeks where I've sts or gained have usually been deserved. Have begun to knuckle down a bit now though, cos I want my 3rd stone off for the summer.

It can be hard work, you have to be organised, have to get a proper shop etc, so you've access to the food you need as you need it. An empty fridge or cupboard is not a SW friend! I've to do my shopping tonight, so I try to plan my dinners for the week before hand, and only get what I need.

Are you writing everything you eat down, and double checking syns? The weeks I don't keep a diary, I go haywire!

Do you have much to lose?

Hiya
Do any of you buy Scan Bran in group? Wondering how much it costs per pack in ROI. Can get 10 packs delivered from Amaz0n for €17, so if it costs more than €1.70 per pack at group, I might order online instead.

Thanks for the reply! I have just under 3stone left to lose.. im lacking some support at home and although i started my SW journey with a friend, she left after two weeks. Quite fustrating, and i cant seem to shake my annoyance and i know that is what is stopping me for committing 100%.. i love to cook so planning meals is no bother but since ive started eating a proper breakfast i get so hungry at 11am and cant satisfy my cravings!

Thanks for the reply! I have just under 3stone left to lose.. im lacking some support at home and although i started my SW journey with a friend, she left after two weeks. Quite fustrating, and i cant seem to shake my annoyance and i know that is what is stopping me for committing 100%.. i love to cook so planning meals is no bother but since ive started eating a proper breakfast i get so hungry at 11am and cant satisfy my cravings!

I think you need to take it one week (or day even) at a time. Have a good day today, then another one tomorrow. Sounds simplistic, but if I try to think about doing this for MONTHS I'll never get there. So I just do my best each day, give myself days off when I want one, but get back on track again. I've had a couple of totally sh1te weeks, where I couldn't even find my book, never mind use it, but it passed and I'm better off sticking at it on/off than not doing it at all.

If your friend dropped out, that's her choice, and she might reconsider when she sees your progress. But you're not doing it for her, or anyone else, so you just have to do your best for yourself.

Would you start a diary on here? You'll get LOADS of support. Nosey around some other people's diaries, and join in with chatting to them. Everyone here is genuinely so lovely. You'll get loads of tips, and start to get friendly with others. Then you'll have somewhere to post your successes, and moan about any gains or STS you might have, but you'll always get a helpful/positive reply.

What day do you weigh in? Join the Weigh-in thread for that day, and the boost you'll get is amazing. Every Wed I am on that thread, and the buzz is great. It's all a bit of a laugh too.

Hi im the same as you. Have 3 stone left to lose. I also started with a friend but she also dropped out. I have porridge and blueberries for breakfast. My mid morning snack is a banana and/or yogurt. Maybe use your syns and have some crackers for mid morning. Green tea is also good for killing the cravings.

The hardest part is figuring out your triggers and what holds you back, and you seem to have that nailed. Everything coughdrops and brien said is spot on, but can I add, if you don't usually eat breakfast, you don't *have* to start. I'm the same if I have breakfast, I can't stop snacking all day, so I've jiggered my mealtimes around so that "breakfast" is a hifi bar around 8 in the morning just before work, lunch is at around now (11am), I'll have another hifi light at about 3 or 4, then dinner is about 8 (I get "snackish" if dinner is earlier).

Totally agree with the girls here. What if you had a piece of fruit/yogurt mid morning when you feel peckish? That would keep you going until lunch.

I really lack motivation so I have just decided to take it in 7lb targets. I am not looking at the bigger picture. I have only today updated my tickers etc and I want to get down to 12stone. will still have a high bmi but thats my target. I also go to group alone and i have made some new friends by staying for group. Only for Orla and the girls here encouraging me to stay I would probably still just be paying and leaving. I bet your friend will re-join when she sees your amazing results :) x

Thanks for so much feedback, I started my online dairy on here today, feeling more motivated already.. I've read through nearly this whole thread already.. so much great information and support!! I'm even going to start a fit log too!! maybe the awards will help keep my going!! As for my mid morning craving I could
easily eat a punnet of raspberry's and a yogurt and anything else syn free I see hanging around..

Brien77 I wish I could only have a couple of crackers but I would not stop myself.. I can't even have a low syn snack box coz I have no will power... one chocolate treat would lead to my eating the whole box.. :(
coughdrops, miss_taken and newme 14, i'm writing down your tips in my notebook for when I need a boost on the go.. thanks so much :)

Awwww NewMe1, thank you so much your very kind and I'm glad I'm part responsible for getting you to group and we are all the same here as I have made some really wonderful friends through group.

I agree with what everyone here is saying and so glad you have taken some tips from what the women have said to you. We have to sit down and figure what we like at what time (as miss_taken says) everyone is different and that is what is so good about slimming world, you can tailor package your own healthy eating plan the way you want, everyones diary reads differently. My typical day is 2 Weetabix at about 7am when I'm heading to work (off at the moment due to surgery recently) and I try to get my 1/3 super free early as then you will develop it during the day and hopefully have your 1/3 with every meal.

Best of luck and if you have any questions or if you want to give some tips then log on here and there is definitely one who will be answer you or you never know you might actually help someone else out (thank you NewMe14)

Last edited:
Yes I'm also due the 25th Mrs Mc! That's gas! My consultant said she won't let me go beyond 11th Sept though as I'm expecting twins.

Gosh, no wonder you're wrecked with a 15 month old. I'm exhausted myself and there's only me to look after (& DH I guess ;-) ). Maybe try to keep a food diary so you're v conscious of the plan and what you're eating but don't be too worried if you go over your syns a bit. Are you having your extra A & B?

wow your having twins!!! congrats!! id have loved twins! the funy thing is i find out at 29 weeks if i have to have another section and if i do ill be having mine around sept 11th lol

i need to really nuckle down! i dont drink alot of milk or eat alot of cheese so im just using what i need of both! bread wise ive been eating white but from today that is stopping! and going to get back to 100% on track!
i know i hvae gained again this week :( but im making a big pot of soup today to get me back on track!

Back