Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

I'm going to Mullingar this evening but I discovered a chinese that has a slimming world menu so I have booked a table for four and I'm looking forward to stuffing my face with free foods, all my syns today are going on drink (can only have three bud lights) and hopefully I will get lots of super free and exercise today

Orla let us know how the Chinese goes that sounds like somewhere I'd love to go! Enjoy you bud lights & have a great weekend :)

I'm going to Mullingar this evening but I discovered a chinese that has a slimming world menu so I have booked a table for four and I'm looking forward to stuffing my face with free foods, all my syns today are going on drink (can only have three bud lights) and hopefully I will get lots of super free and exercise today

Sounds a fab place to go. Enjoy x

:eek: OMG! Every town should have one of them!!!! Dying to hear how it goes! :)

There is a new place open in athlone too, its called Mixgreens. They have a couple of places in galway. It does sw, ww and paleo food. Looks lovely, its not a restaurant but kinda fast food but healthy! Saw their fb page and looks good

It was fabulous and I totally stuffed my face and totally guilt free however that is where it ended as then I went on the vino and I went right over my syns, I suppose I should hope to sts this Tuesday fingers crossed

mrstee84, I heard about that place before, a few of my friends have tried it and told me it was lovely so I might try it out at some stage, I think more and more should try and adopt this approach, I have no social life because I know I'm not totally in control as I'm not aware of exactly is in a meal

I was away last weekend and like you I went prepared with my lunch all made up its great really helps stay on track :) Im just back from a 30min walk!
Hope you have a lovely time in Dublin
thanks.. we were in dublin for a hospital clinic for my husband which went very wel.i had my rocky road bars which were my hxb.drank lots of water and no fast food..didnt go over my syns so hope it shows on scales on wed..hope you all are enjoying the lovely weather.. a beach walk is planned later..

Good on you it does feel good at the end of the day to say you stayed within your syns that day, glad to hear everything went well for ye at the hospital

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

It was fabulous and I totally stuffed my face and totally guilt free however that is where it ended as then I went on the vino and I went right over my syns, I suppose I should hope to sts this Tuesday fingers crossed....... l

Sounds lovely Orla! If I'm ever in Mullingar I must look up that place :)

Don't feel bad - you simply have to have wine on such occasions! ;):D

I have to say I never enjoyed pigging out so much on Friday because they stated the dishes that were syn free and I had a syn free starter and main course, it was fabulous and the service was second to none.

I managed to stay within my syns at the restaurant as they had half bottles of dry white wine (12 syns) but that is where it ended. Had a lovely time and had too many red wines after (big mistake as I should have stuck to the white) and had a really bad hangover the next day.

In total I had 63 syns so that was 48 over and I got up on the scales this morning and comparing it to the same time last week it looks like I might sts, now today I'm on the superfree and I hope that at least I will maintain

thanks.. we were in dublin for a hospital clinic for my husband which went very wel.i had my rocky road bars which were my hxb.drank lots of water and no fast food..didnt go over my syns so hope it shows on scales on wed..hope you all are enjoying the lovely weather.. a beach walk is planned later..

Great news things went very well for your husband :) and well done for staying on track it really is all about the preparation etc. hope you had a lovely walk at the beach :). I was a disaster over weekend less said the better!!! wouldn't be surprised if I gain on Wednesday!

NewMe14, dont worry about it, you have lost every week am I right so having a gain often gives us the motivation and determination to get back and often we would have a huge loss the following week, just one question did you enjoy your weekend, if you did just like me then I think that is no harm

ah yeah I did enjoy it just feel a bit down after it and it's so hard today being back on plan. I literally have to keep out of the house otherwise I would pick at something. This is why it's easier for me if I don't go off plan in the first place. I obviously still have huge issues regarding food I can't seem to have one meal that isn't on plan without it turning into some kind of binge if that makes sense? Ok it wasn't really a binge now but few packets of crisps, toast with butter and ham, bit of chocolate. One stage I was about to break open a bottle of vodka but stopped!
I will still attend group on Wednesday though and just get back on it because I do love SW and it is working for me. My consultant is amazed by me don't think she will be impressed this week! She is very encouraging.

Dont be thinking that way, I have to be honest here but I feel everyone needs to have these moments as we appreciate it more when we do lose weight and by the way I think your doing fantastic. A consultants job is to encourage you when you do go off plan, life would be very boring if everyone lost every week. Take it slow and learn to see what you can do to change habits that have been there for a lifetime for most of us here. For me, I knew I just had to give up bread completely and only have it on a Tuesday after my weigh in because I knew I wouldnt just stop at dry bread, I would have to plaster it with butter and maybe some cheese and I would probably eat a minimum four slices if not more. You should try to get used to eating more fruit and I know that berries are expensive, I think they are essential. This evening I'm going to make my own chicken curry and have sw chips instead of rice because I think that is a treat in my head even though it is completely free. Think of ways of substituting one food for another, DH does wonder how I lose so much weight when I eat potatoes every day but to me that is my main food and I have to have them every day.

Your determined to lose the weight so well done for saying your going to class on Wednesday, it is times like this you really need image therapy and you might even pick up on tips from others who have been through the same as you and can share what worked for them

Great news things went very well for your husband :) and well done for staying on track it really is all about the preparation etc. hope you had a lovely walk at the beach :). I was a disaster over eekend less said the better!!! wouldn't be surprised if I gain on Wednesday!
thanks.i was away from home again today and took breakfast and lunch with me and sat with hubby and daughter in macdonalds drinking tea while they ate lunch. had my sw chilli made for dinner... then ate a bag of crisps!! why? hope fully you will have have something of on wed but you have done so well, hope you're back on track..x

thanks for the advice girls it's great to be able to chat with people who know how I'm feeling etc :). Orla I love those sw chips I would nearly make them quicker than having shop bought chips. Plus salt & vinegar is free and adds great flavour. :)

Weegirl you are doing amazing, well done. I can handle mcdonalds trips as long as I have my lunch with me then I can get a coffee and I'm happy out. don't feel to bad about the crisps how many syns were they did you go over your allowance for the day? I usually have 1 packet a day the tayto velvet crunch. They are 4 syns but crisps are my weakness!

Absolutely NewMe14, mine are usually done within a half an hour so it is more or less the same time

hi newme and orla...i make sw chips all the time and love adding spices to them..my sons who live away from home also make them..i hope we all have a weight loss tomoro. newme...i love crisps and i stayed within my syns but i was really trying to have only 10syns a day..but need the 15 to stay on track..do you have the max syns every day? good luck tomoro everyone....

Hi all, hope everyone is well. Was up 1.5lb this week and a little gutted as I did work hard last week but I suppose the only thing is to start again today, also didn't get to stay to class as had my 4 year old nephew with me and as soon as I got off the scales to poor little guy got a dose of diarrhoea so had to go clean him up and leave.
I think it's time to shake up breakfast and my HeBs a bit and see if that works, been stuck between 12.11 and 12.9 for the past few weeks need to break the cycle, anyhoo love and luck to all weighing in today and the rest of the week :) xx

I tend to nearly go up to my 15 syns most days. Was down 1.5 today just goes to show getting straight back on track is key don't let one meal ruin your week.

This is the height of laziness, but I am just going to paste my post from my diary into here...

I've not been on much this last week, due to the bad flare up of Multiple Sclerosis symptoms that have left me knocked for six. Starting to feel a bit on the mend again, although don't want to push it too far because experience has taught me not to do too much too soon. But I've gone from lying in a ball on my couch on Monday to actually cooking tonight's dinner, so that's a marked improvement!
I'm not weighing in today. I am either going to leave it to Saturday or go another week til next Wednesday. Reason being, I feel like sh*t. I don't fancy having a gain to add to that. And I am 100% certain I've had a gain, although I've been off my grub (shocker!) anything I've managed to eat since I've been sick has been junky at best.
But I am back on track today. I've worked too hard to lie in a heap and gorge my way back up to 16 stone. I am going to be unwell for the next while- the summer is my worst time of year- but food optimising is not going to make me worse! If anything, it'll make me feel better. So, on my good days I will make big meals that I can carry over to my not-so-good days.
Today is an EE day. Tomorrow will be Red. By Saturday, if I am feeling better, I will hopefully face the scales and see a STS from last week.
This is the end of my MS moaning too. Normal service of food moaning will start again from tomorrow :)

Back