Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Niamh, so happy to see you back posting and determined as ever. I'm feeling your positivity from your post. We all have little blips but the main thing is we pick ourselves back up and carry on. You are doing amazing and should be so proud of yourself :) xx

2lbs down tonight so very happy... red days going good... well done to you all .. onwards and downwards everyone...x

Niamh, so glad you came on here and posted your diary, I knew I was going to be up last Tuesday but I faced the scales the only problem was I was going to not look at the scales but unfortunately I glanced and saw how much I put on and I think that single moment had me very upset for the day.

I didnt realise you have MS so I can just imagine how difficult it is to get body magic in when your symptoms flare up, yesterday I was told I need a hip replacement and even though I'm in a lot of pain, I'm determined to get to target and then get my hip replacement after. He advised me not to do the mini marathon but I told him I was doing it and nothing in this world is going to stop me from doing that, I have probably been living with arthritis for years and have managed to struggle along, I'm not going to stop now that I have been told I need a hip replacement, no way.

NewMe, that is just fantastic, delighted you had a loss as I sensed the other day that you were a little down about this but this is how we get our motivation and determination, mine is definitely in now and I'm doing lots of walks and I'm having my 1/3 super free with every meal, I better see a result next Tuesday

So I was up half a pound but immediately moved on.. and since weigh in Tuesday I have being so focus, maybe its the kick I needed to start counting my syns with manners!
Everyone in my house including myself have this viral chest thing so we are all on antibiotics and steroids.. So it would be easy to grab the wrong foods and write it off as being sick but who would I be kidding but myself!
I'm having lots of stir-fry's this week and keeping to superfree snacks, I was missing my heb, not on purpose I just wasn't fitting it in so I got some of the new salted caramel sw bars, they are amazing and perfect with a cup of tea!

I am so determine to have a lose next Tuesday and get into the next stone bracket!!

Best of luck everyone :)

The new salted carmel bars are lovely Vicky but they are six syns each which I think is a lot especially now the purple snack is now 5 syns instead of 6 syns (check syns on your packaging)

I was talking to my consultant today and she said to keep a diary (I write everything down) and she is going to look at it and see if I'm doing it right, one thing she mentioned though was to try not to go too close to my 15 syns as there are times we all could guess how much we are using but unless it is packaged I will always leave a few syns just in case I have calculated wrong

One thing though, if you have a viral infection, often that can show on the scales as you tend to retain fluid when your sick so you could have gained because of that

I keep a diary every day also I just have a little notebook and write out the sections then write down as I go. It's great to look back on different weeks and see how you did weight wise. I find it helps keep me on track too and no chance of sneaky syns getting in because I literally write it as I'm cooking :)

Anyone any nice plans for weekend? Can't believe it's bank holiday again it's great. Hope everyone has a good one. I'm going to be 100% on plan my aim is to get into the 18's next week don't know if I can do it but will give it my best shot :) x

Morning guys

Still off form so not been online much. Lazy weekend planned, maybe a trip to the cinema. Must check what is on. Trying to stick to plan too... it's hard over the Bank Hol.

I've not been following all the posts this week, but following on from NewMe above, I keep a daily diary too. I've an A5 size notebook and every day (well, when I am on plan!) I write everything into it. If I don't, I'll easily forget something I've eaten.

Been back on track 100% last couple of days. Still not weighed in, I think I'll just let it go until next Wed. I might have a sneaky peek over the weekend.

I have a diary kept everyday, got a lovely and cutsie notebook in New Zealand (the reason behind this was I didnt want to put anything "bad" in my gorgeous notebook) but I didnt keep my diary over the week I had surgery, maybe I should have as the following week I got my 5.5st award as I was down 5.5Ibs

I'm going to have a lazy bank holiday weekend, my nephew is three on Sunday so I would love to just bring him into town for a treat as I do it with his older brother and sister but never him. I have a friend staying overnight tonight so look forward to maybe having a small glass of wine and a chillaxing chat with her. Other than that, loads of superfree and lots of walking

Niamh, it is great to see you back on here, have to say I missed you not been on here, hope all is okay with you

Thanks Orla, I am on the mend I hope. Taken a half day today, so lazy afternoon on couch planned. Working out my menus for the weekend, and putting together a shopping list for hubby!

I think the fact that it is a long weekend ahead I might actually take out my fakeaway book and cook a recipe on it yum yum

Preparation is the key I think, planning ahead and having those "items" you have to have when you feel like the munchies. Due to the fact that they are so low in syns, my new cupcakes recipe (tweaked the easter cupcakes that has quark (yuck) in it) have 1.5 syns in each one, I think I might make a big batch of them and have them in the freezer that way I have something sweet always

mrstee84, it is gorgeous, usually your consultant can order that for you, I will photocopy the menus and post on here over the weekend (I know sorry I was meant to do this a few weeks ago) and if you like one in particular then I will put photo up on here as well, hope that okay

Your very welcome, now I better sit down and have a look and see what I fancy, apparently the one to do is the chicken korma so I think I will try that oneImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399108065.097976.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399108080.908077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi

Returning after being off the wagon a couple of months & a stone up :eek:

I was cocky from losing over 4 stone and gradually went back to picking & increased portions. It took a night out and a lot of tears that my going out clothes no longer fitted to get my arse in gear again.

Anyway I decided to join a class so looking forward to the weight coming off again.

I am going to read over all the posts today to see how the rest of you have been doing :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Welcome back redsters good to see you back, one stone isn't bad and next time you will probably be more determined to succeed

Hi all.
Just wondering if it's ok if I join. I didn't know this site was UK based & there was an irish forum. Yippee!! I'm from meath. This is my 2nd attempt at sw properly! I weighed in on monday & had a gain of 5lbs. But I missed a week & had my dad's 60th. I walked out the door & another member persuaded me to stay for image therapy which was the best thing ever. Everyone was in the same boat & I think it motivated everyone. So I got an sas log this week & for the 1st time ever I've been honest & kept it. I've stayed within my syns every day except for yesterday when I went over by 3.5 but I can deal with that. I work 24 hour shifts so I'm preparing everything for work cos I pick when it's stressful. Was hoping to find a good group on here cos need the support outside group. I'm going on my 1st sun hol in 14 years this sept. I'm only 30 & have a 3 year old so I need to get focused. Although I'm enjoying this week cos I think I'm so focused with it all x

Vickaroo your very welcome to join, have to say well done to the person who persuaded you to stay to image therapy as that is vital, I'm from athlone so not too far away and no doubt we will see you succeeding this second time

Thanks orla. Yeh it was a girl that helps out on the scales & she knows my struggles. I actually can't believe how much I'm enjoying it this week. My only trouble is that I'll go like this for a 4/5 weeks then ill get bored. But I want to go on this holiday & be comfortable. I've a lot to loose, I would be happy with 7 stone, but I'm more so aiming towards clothes size. I enjoy image therapy but just feel like I need the extra support outside group

Back