Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Your very welcome, now I better sit down and have a look and see what I fancy, apparently the one to do is the chicken korma so I think I will try that oneView attachment 136272View attachment 136273

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

How did it turn out Orla? I had a gorgeous roast dinner today saved my syns for some stuffing and gravy! ;)

Hi

Returning after being off the wagon a couple of months & a stone up :eek:

I was cocky from losing over 4 stone and gradually went back to picking & increased portions. It took a night out and a lot of tears that my going out clothes no longer fitted to get my arse in gear again.

Anyway I decided to join a class so looking forward to the weight coming off again.

I am going to read over all the posts today to see how the rest of you have been doing :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

welcome back to minimins :) when are you joining group? we are all here for extra support and motivation :)

Hi all.
Just wondering if it's ok if I join. I didn't know this site was UK based & there was an irish forum. Yippee!! I'm from meath. This is my 2nd attempt at sw properly! I weighed in on monday & had a gain of 5lbs. But I missed a week & had my dad's 60th. I walked out the door & another member persuaded me to stay for image therapy which was the best thing ever. Everyone was in the same boat & I think it motivated everyone. So I got an sas log this week & for the 1st time ever I've been honest & kept it. I've stayed within my syns every day except for yesterday when I went over by 3.5 but I can deal with that. I work 24 hour shifts so I'm preparing everything for work cos I pick when it's stressful. Was hoping to find a good group on here cos need the support outside group. I'm going on my 1st sun hol in 14 years this sept. I'm only 30 & have a 3 year old so I need to get focused. Although I'm enjoying this week cos I think I'm so focused with it all x

Well done on staying for image therpy I never used to stay for it but you know what it helps staying because everyone is in the same boat. You get lots of tips and advice. The leaders may talk about receipes he/she has tried. brings in different things to show us. It is great and somedays we do have great craic :) Best of luck you will look fab on your holiday just stick with the plan and it will come off ;)

Thanks orla. Yeh it was a girl that helps out on the scales & she knows my struggles. I actually can't believe how much I'm enjoying it this week. My only trouble is that I'll go like this for a 4/5 weeks then ill get bored. But I want to go on this holiday & be comfortable. I've a lot to loose, I would be happy with 7 stone, but I'm more so aiming towards clothes size. I enjoy image therapy but just feel like I need the extra support outside group

I started to get a bit like that a few weeks ago. What did i do? i reset my target and read all my books again pulled out a few new receipes i hadnt tried before. Done a wardrobe clearout and got rid of all my big clothes. I never want to wear them again. All this takes your mind of food and helps well i think so anyway. there is a photo inspirational thread on here aswell omg its amazing how fantastic everyone looks :)

I'm surviving the bank holiday pretty well.. I'm feeling a bit better so that's helping plus it was my turn to cook today.
I did a proper roast beef dinner with homemade slimming world roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and gravy.. A total of 5 and half syns so it wasn't too bad. I skipped dessert so tonight I can have snack a jacks, 4 and a half syns. My diet coke addiction was getting out of hand 18cans for 7.50 in Tesco was not helping so I've decided to cut it out completely, I know its free but the artificial sweeteners are meant to make it harder to lose fat around your stomach.
Plus I'm sure 3-5cans a day is not healthy
I'll just have a Müller light and fruit before bed as I'm still full from dinner :D

I'm surviving the bank holiday pretty well.. I'm feeling a bit better so that's helping plus it was my turn to cook today.
I did a proper roast beef dinner with homemade slimming world roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and gravy.. A total of 5 and half syns so it wasn't too bad. I skipped dessert so tonight I can have snack a jacks, 4 and a half syns. My diet coke addiction was getting out of hand 18cans for 7.50 in Tesco was not helping so I've decided to cut it out completely, I know its free but the artificial sweeteners are meant to make it harder to lose fat around your stomach.
Plus I'm sure 3-5cans a day is not healthy
I'll just have a Müller light and fruit before bed as I'm still full from dinner :D

Well done Vicky. Dinner sounds gorgeous I had a big roast dinner yesterday was so stuffed after it. Just had my dinner there now homemade burgers with sw chips and beans no Superfree but sometimes it just doesn't go! Had a nice can of 7up free too.
It is such a hard thing to give up coke I just have the odd can now and again but usually I drink water. I've some syns left over so will have some crisps later and more water and that's me for the day :)

Hi guys. So I'm here in work just about to get some kip for the night & I've had a great day & stayed on track. Kept under my 10 syns again (trying not to go over 10 each day) & i'm delighted with myself. As it's a bank hol I've weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm hoping for 3+ so ill keep ye posted

Well I had my weigh in......I lost 7 lbs!!! Could not believe it I am sooooo happy with myself & can't wait for another good week ahead. Treating myself to a McDonald's day with my oh & son cos we don't get many days out together but try not to go too mad

Congrats!! Its an amazing feeling isn't it.
Enjoy your McDonalds and don't guilt trip yourself, just go back on plan
xx

Well I had my weigh in......I lost 7 lbs!!! Could not believe it I am sooooo happy with myself & can't wait for another good week ahead. Treating myself to a McDonald's day with my oh & son cos we don't get many days out together but try not to go too mad

Congrats on your 7lbs loss. Enjoy your treat :)

Welcome pippy edel. How u finding sw so far?
Thanks guys couldn't believe it. Was lovely to get big hug off my consultant & couple of girls I'm close to there. It was a lovely feeling. I'm goin out Thurs night for tapas & cinema wit the girls so that's all I'm concerned bout this week. Any tips??? I've 1/2 pound to go to my half stone award & that is mine next week. I've set my own target of 3lbs so really hoping for that x:)

Vickaroo that is fantastic well done on such a fantastic weight loss

Welcome pippyedel it is great to see new members join

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm goin out Thurs night for tapas & cinema wit the girls so that's all I'm concerned bout this week. Any tips??? I've 1/2 pound to go to my half stone award & that is mine next week. I've set my own target of 3lbs so really hoping for that x:)

Well done on your fabby loss vickaroo!

For the cinema, popcorn is my downfall! I try to bring a bag of low-syn crisps like Snax or Velvet Crunch (4/5 syns) or some grapes to munch on. And I buy a huge diet coke. Can't help with Tapas, as I've not synned any of it, but try to stick to tomato based items where possible, and avoid the oily/creamy dishes. Can you check out the menu before you go?

Most of all, enjoy it! If you go over your syns a little it's not the end of the world, but feeling deprived and hard-done-by while the rest of your friends are feasting away, that just feels miserable!

Welcome pippy edel x

----------

Still sick, so not really on form, but hoping for a 1lb off tomorrow x Good luck to rest of you :bighug:

Welcome to all the new people. I joined class on Friday so hoping for a few lbs off as I am really sticking to it.

Trying to get out walking each day in prep for the flora mini marathon. Anyone else doing it?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

How's everyone doing ? Nice to see you Niamh best of luck for tomorrow x

No mini marathon for me I don't really run find it hard to do the walking but fair play to everyone doing it. Maybe I will take part sometime ?

Weigh in tomorrow morning don't know how I'm feeling would love to get to the eighteens but will be happy with 1.5/2lb loss :)

Best of luck to everyone else weighing this week

First weigh in tonight had a 7.5lb weight loss and got my award soooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyy lol :)

Hi all, had my way in. 2lb down, so happy...
After my half pound gain last week I HAD to have a loss today..

All reenergised from my weigh in, I went shopping and now have a full fridge and press for the week ahead.
any lose next week and ill be in the 11's and I can not wait :D

Hope Everyone has an amazing week too

Well done vickyt and nettybungles on your great weight losses. Best of luck tmw with your weigh in newme14. Am gonna bring my own popcorn to cinema & maybe gave 2 sw rocky road bars as my heb that day. As fir the tapas I'm jus gonna enjoy it. I haven't been out with these 2 friends since before Xmas but not drinking so that should help. I'm trying to stay 5 syns & under every day (except for my night out) so I'm hoping that will help. I'm aiming for 3lbs this week so have to achieve that

Was down 2Ibs and got back my 5.5st award, now tomorrow morning I'm getting back into it and I soooo want a big loss next week, I'm due it

Redsters, I'm doing the mini marathon, I cant believe it is less than a month away, I really have to up my walking from now on, I'm in the slow jogger category just to get ahead of the walkers

Back