Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Welcome Stephanie, I can imagine just how hard it is to come back for the second time but you have that done and I'm sure you will be successful this time. In relation to lunches, I would recommend a baked potato and pour some beans over. Would you be able to cook a few of them, put in freezer and take them out each day and defrost/heat up in microwave at work and then you can microwave some beans too. I know my consultant said you can buy containers that keeps food hot as well, I think she got them in Woodies (I could be wrong on that one) and have your dinner during the day.

Welcome Stephanie, I can imagine just how hard it is to come back for the second time but you have that done and I'm sure you will be successful this time. In relation to lunches, I would recommend a baked potato and pour some beans over. Would you be able to cook a few of them, put in freezer and take them out each day and defrost/heat up in microwave at work and then you can microwave some beans too. I know my consultant said you can buy containers that keeps food hot as well, I think she got them in Woodies (I could be wrong on that one) and have your dinner during the day.

Hi Orla thanks a million :)
It's hard but I'm determined just sick of looking at myself and not being happy with what I see! Ah I never thought of that it could be an idea! I usually have a lunchbox of fruit and a mugshot - iv actually been having that since January and haven't lost a pound lol so maybe I just wasn't eating enough I'm not sure!! Must look into those containers too thanks a mill! :)

welcome carjam, lovely to see a new person join the Irish thread, my name is Orla and I live and I'm from Athlone so near enough

Vavaness, I think it takes a lot for a person who has gained 5Ibs come on here and tell us, not easy and I have to applaud you, your right to share it with us here as we will all tell you you can do this and you will get plenty of encouragement and support

Often you will look back and see this as a learning experience and maybe this might be the kick start you needed to get on track and succeed in the end.

Look forward to hearing what you will lose next week because I sense you are very determined to lose all that weight and a lot more

Orla, thanks so much. All of what you said is quite true. I feel so much better this morning about it, I'm back on track and it feels great. I'm drinking loads of water today and lots of fruit and I've just had a massive salad for lunch whereas before it would just have been a mug shot and a piece of fruit. Going to do a big shop after work so I'll have lots of options for the week ahead.
I'm gonna succeed this week if it kills me, LOL! x

Vavaness I agree with orla. 2 weeks ago I put on 5lbs for lots of reasons/excuses. It was the best thing that ever happened. I'd been dancing around the plan since Xmas & was back up to half pound over my starting weight. That gain gave me the kick start & determination to stick to plan 100% last week & I lost 7lbs. I was thrilled & that in turn gave me the motivation to stick to plan again this week which I have been doing. I think there comes a tine when u decide enough is enough. The best of luck with the rest of ur week. I find here has been good support too in getting me through the week x

Thanks Vickaroo, you have made me feel so much better that I'm not alone. Being up 5 and knocking off 7 the week after is fantastic, no wonder it spurred you on again big time. If I can achieve something similar I'll be over the moon! :)

Isn't it so scary how easily and quickly you can put it on?? You could be 3/4 weeks trying to get rid of 5 lbs and then you can put it back on over a weekend! :O x

I got a food flask (I think that's the container you mean Orla? ) in B&M for around a fiver if you have one of those near you? Otherwise I've seen them in the big supermarkets. Good luck xx

Hey thanks a million for this! I live beside Armagh so I'll pop down there over the weekend for one! :) brilliant! x x x

Vavaness, preparation is key and when you want something nice and have nothing in the house then it is very hard not to go for the easy convenient food and usually that is full of syns

I usually have some pink and whites and they are 2 syns each or I have a lot of muller light yogurts, they are expensive but so worth it and apparently if you can get your hands on them the fat free greek style yogurst are free and very nice

One thing I have to have is my slimming world chips, there are days when I could eat them twice, they are so yummy and very filling

Sorry was meant to say the greek style yogurts you can get in Aldi

Miss_Taken, I think that is the name of them containers, I have been meaning to ask my consultant what they are called but I think they are in Woodies too so I might get one over the weekend (have a confirmation on Saturday and appointment on Friday evening after work) but it will be tricky to find time

Orla are you in a club? I was told that there is only two category this year runners (which you have to be able to prove your time from last year or be in a club) or walkers.

I have my weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed I will be down.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I did it last year and was just over the time allowed to be in the slow joggers (I did it in 106 minutes and your meant to be able to do it in 100 minutes) so I put myself down as a walker and then I rang them up and told them that I had lost a lot of weight since this time last year and that I would be able to do it in under 100 minutes and I will do it in under 100 minutes and they upgraded me to a slow jogger

Good luck today with your weigh in, let us know how you get on, I see your stats and your quite similar to me only your in the 13st category (hope to be there in the next few weeks fingers crossed)

hi everyone. well done to all who lost weight this week. i only had a 1/2lb off but happy as i was very bad at the weekend.wecome to all you new ladies who have joined us. hope you enjoy the support here. great when you are having a bad day..onwards and downwards...

Try some soup I made the syn free tomato soup and love it for lunch or u could have veg soup packed with potatoes

♥¤♥nettybungles ♥♥¤

Ah ok orla, this is my first year doing it.

Back from my class & I lost 9lbs :p
I also got slimmer of the week.
Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow Redsters, that is an amazing loss, you must be very proud of yourself and it is lovely to get your sticker and cert for sotw

This is the fourth year for me, I did it in 2004, 2012 and 2013. The buzz is fantastic even though you will be tired, the people standing at the side of the road clapping and cheering you on definitely gives you the boost you need

2lb off for me today :D Thrilled with over half a stone in 2 weeks Long may it continue
I will give myself a virtual half stone award
Having homemade burger sw chips and salad for dinner

well done carjem, that is brilliant, keep it up

Do you know how to get the link for the awards, they are very precious to me and I'm sure to everyone else too

Haven't a clue Orla I'd be grateful if you could tell me Thanks

If you go to the top of this page and under the heading What's New click on the link most popular diets and then click on slimming world - click on the second link weekly weigh in - click on link sticky: SW Awards and scroll down until you come to the award you got

Once you do this then you add to your signature and save changes and you will see it every time you post here

Fudgie I work 24 hour shifts so food can be a nightmare. For lunches I bring pasta n rice mixed with chicken n sweet chilli sauce. For dinner I might make a mixes bean chilli (think it's black bean chilli on sw Web but I use mixed beans) which is fab over jacket potato. Make up super speed curry or fritata wedges is another one. Ragu pasta bake is great my family love it n u could reheat it in work. Cos u are gone all day n don't feel like eating at night maybe bring ur main meal for lunch like curry n rice etc n think have soup etc in the evening when ur tired. Hope this helps

Back