Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Vavaness, preparation is key and when you want something nice and have nothing in the house then it is very hard not to go for the easy convenient food and usually that is full of syns

I usually have some pink and whites and they are 2 syns each or I have a lot of muller light yogurts, they are expensive but so worth it and apparently if you can get your hands on them the fat free greek style yogurst are free and very nice

One thing I have to have is my slimming world chips, there are days when I could eat them twice, they are so yummy and very filling

Thanks again Orla!
I absolutely love those Aldi yogurts you are on about, they are divine! I actually prefer wedges to chips. I've made the chips 5/6 times but I've always been a wee bit disappointed by then.... whereas the wedges have been a success since the first time I have tried them. Sorry, rambled a bit there, lol! But you are right, it's SO important to have the correct stuff in your press/fridge!
Hope you (and everyone) has a good weekend with not too much damage ;) x

Hi from Ireland ... newbie here - just posted a thread which should be up once approved by the Mods :0

CC.

When you are a newbie you go through our spam filters which sometimes are overly aggressive as they are not an exact science...I will approve your posts if it happens again:)

Your very welcome Vavaness, glad to be of help here. Those Aldi yogurts DH tried to get yesterday in Athlone but none there, I think they are very popular in our town as everyone in group loves them.

I have the actifryer so that is why I do chips all the time, I could use it twice a day sometimes, I absolutely adore them but we have two chefs in our group (they are husband and wife) who gave us a tip once, you need to spray the chips in actifryer every 7 minutes and that way you get your colour lovely.

In relation to the weekend, I dont think I got away with it. I went out to my friends house on Thursday and went over my syns and I think I went over my syns on Saturday for my nieces confirmation and it looks like I have a big gain but then again I thought I was going to have a big loss last Tuesday and I was only down 2Ibs. If I think I'm up then I'm going to take a holiday as I just cant face another gain, I seem to be stuck in a rut :sigh::sigh::sigh:

I agree that those aldi greek yoghurt are yummy. I love the coconut one, even though I dont like coconut :rolleyes:

Orla go to your class you might surprise yourself & sts or if your up it will keep you on track for the next week. You may end up eating more if you dont go.

Can anyone suggest their fav dinner recipes? I had a look but a lot of pages.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Fudgie I work 24 hour shifts so food can be a nightmare. For lunches I bring pasta n rice mixed with chicken n sweet chilli sauce. For dinner I might make a mixes bean chilli (think it's black bean chilli on sw Web but I use mixed beans) which is fab over jacket potato. Make up super speed curry or fritata wedges is another one. Ragu pasta bake is great my family love it n u could reheat it in work. Cos u are gone all day n don't feel like eating at night maybe bring ur main meal for lunch like curry n rice etc n think have soup etc in the evening when ur tired. Hope this helps

Oh that chicken and pasta sounds lovely! How do you make the chilli sauce?
Thank you so much for the ideas it helps a lot! It's so annoying having to be so arranged lol but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end! :) x

Redsters, I really dont want to be going up and down all the time and even though I lost 2Ibs last week I was totally gutted because I had lost just the weight I had gained the week before and I knew I was in for a tough week, all I want is that I'm not exactly down 5.5st, it would be great if I had two to three pounds more off that way I can keep that award and look to getting my 6st award before the month of May is gone. I put in a fantastic week last week and felt that I really need to work my butt off and get more than just 2Ibs off so that is playing on my mind. I suppose I really dont want to get up on the scales because then I feel I have still lost 5.5st, I will wait and see what tomorrow says and then decide

Orla, I honestly feel for you, I'm in exactly the same position except I've been fluctuating around the 5st mark since october. It's soul destroying every time you get a loss and think you've gotten things back on track to have a gain that comes completely out of left field and undoes everything. Just don't let it stop you going to class in the long run. If you know you can't handle it this week, take a break, as long as you know you are getting your butt back the next week with a loss ; ) sometimes putting so much pressure on actually sabotages what you're trying so hard to achieve. You've done so well, don't give up when you've come this far xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Fudgie the chilli sauce is on the website under black bean chilli I think but I used mixed beans instead. Fir the pasta I just mix up some chicken veggies and cooked pasta and put sweet chilli sauce in. I find though the sauce dries if left in fridge overnight so I put sauce on before I eat it.
Orla you have so far and fair play to you. I gave 5 plus stone to lose and can't ever imagine that weight gone off. But if ur missing class today make up ur mind to stick 100% to it from tomorrow .
As for dinner dishes I like. They are hunters chicken, potato gratin, sw chicken pizza, sw lasagne, cottage pie, chicken curry n loads more.
I'm weighing in at 6 this evening. Overall 95% a good week so here's hoping. Hope everyone else has a good day x

Miss_Taken, thanks a million for that, you have it in a nutshell, that is exactly how I feel right now. I know a lot has happened since I came back from holidays and all really I have lost since Christmas is half a stone but I really do notice the weight loss in inches rather than the scales and that is what keeps me motivated. I know myself I will never go back to the way I was, apart from the fact that I'm on the social team and would do anything for my consultant as she has helped me so much, I do look at photos and think I have changed a lot in the last year and a half and more or less at least I have maintained and not gained overall in the last few months. I know myself I will get to target and I'm not going to get stressed over that because the real reason I joined sw was ttc and that is my main focus now.

Vickaroo, thanks a million for that, I never thought when I joined in January 2013 that I would be 5.5st lighter but I have and it is changed my life in the way I think, how I feel, it has helped my marriage too and I'm so glad I joined and I cant imagine life without it. My class is tomorrow so I will see what my own scales say tomorrow morning and then decide whether I'm taking a holiday or not but I will totally be 100% on plan from Wednesday morning and intend to have a huge loss the week after, I really need it. Good luck this evening, been 95% on plan is very good and I'm sure you will see it on the scales tonight

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1399903105.020296.jpg

This was taken last Saturday at my nieces confirmation in Tullamore

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Awww thank you, I hated taking the dress off as it was so comfortable and better still it is a Size 16

Orla I weighed myself today on my normal clothes like jeans n goodie n runners. Then I changed into my sw clothes which is light top light tracksuit n no shoes. I was 3lbs lighter plus it was later in the evening so I only go by the SW scales

Usually the difference between scales is about 5Ibs and I weighed on my own scales this morning it was 14st 3/4Ibs and I was 14st 7Ibs on sw scales last Tuesday

Hi guys. Well I weighed in. I only lost half a pound. I'm putting it down to my big loss of 7 last week. I'm not gonna dwell on it jus move on & have another good week. On a positive note I got my half stone award!!

Well done Vickaroo!! A loss is still in the right direction! Some weeks a half off is a disaster, other weeks it's a miracle!!

Orla, I think you're amazing! Well done on coming so far - it must be really hard to motivate yourself when you've come so far already. I only started in January and have been slow enough but the last few weeks in particular have been painful - up a half, down a half. I was 100% focused this week though, so I'll be disappointed if it doesn't show!

Morning all, been off work a few days sick, still not following plan 100% but trying to stick at it.

Orla don't get disheartened... It's the stupid 14 stone bracket! How many people on that thread have been saying they are sticking? up/down/sts...
Even if your losses are small at the moment, they are still losses. They're all chipping away.

Have you tried rejigging the plan a bit? Do you stick to same breakfasts all the time for example? Or do you ever do Red days? If you find you are slowing down, maybe it's time to look back over all the books again, and change some of your days around? I read earlier that you have a lot of SW chips (I LOVE THEM BTW!), maybe a few lower-carb days would get things moving again? Are you guestimating your Hex A and Hex B, one-third superfree?

Sorry if you've already tried the above... I've not been reading much of the threads.

Back