Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Well done vickaroo a loss is a loss and you got your first sticker and cert, well done on that

sus_murf, thanks very much for that, what keeps me motivated is going shopping and fitting into a size that I havent worn in a long time and it fits. I know myself some day I will reach target, when that is I dont know but I will always get back into sw even after a bad week, I literally do draw a line under and move on, it is what keeps me going

Niamh, I have been meaning to look at my diary and seeing what I could change as I do feel my body has got used to the same foods. I dont think I could do the red/green days as I love my carbs too much. If I didnt have my sw chips then I would have no bulk to my diet and I think that is important (apart from the fact I absolutely love them and cant live without them) otherwise I would be very hungry and would be afraid of what I would eat. I'm spot on with the healthy b as all I have is two weetabix but my healthy a I probably am guessing. I gave my last two food diaries to my consultant so she is going to have a look and see what I could do differently, I have a feeling all you said to me she will mention too Niamh but if it gets me losing weight again then I'm willing to give it a try and see. I have to say though, I know why I have been up and down and maybe with all these recent events this is why I'm not losing as much as I would and maybe I'm trying to lose the weight that is there a while now and just need to persevere.

You've been through a lot the last while, so to keep maintaining isn't that bad... think of how you could've let it all go to pot and piled back on? Pre SW I'd have probably gained a half stone these last few weeks, but now I am somewhat concious of my food, even on off-days.

On EE do you get a third superfree? If the chips are adding bulk to your meal, are you getting enough veggies? I find it hard to have veg with chips/potatoes, but easier when I have stir fries cos they're mixed into it!

I do force myself to think what would I have gained with all that went on the last few months and I know automatically that I would have probably gained a stone at least if not more and that keeps me going too, seriously though Niamh I dont know what has kept me going but my motivation has never waned at all thankfully.

Would you believe it but I always manage to get my 1/3 super free in for my dinner, I would be doing DH dinner and would put on extra carrots, turnips and cabbage just so I have my 1/3 but I usually eat this first and that way I can really enjoy my dinner (yes you have guessed, I'm not a big vegetable fan) and then after dinner I would have a full punnet of blueberries or rasberries and that way not only are they super free but they are also SS

You're flying on the SF then!

It's so hard, but I keep saying to myself "remember all the hard work you've put in so far, don't undo it"... just taking a few secs to remember that stops me in my tracks, and gets me back on the right path.

We'll get there!

Orla you are doing great. When I hit near 5 stone I hit a plateau the started eating and gained a stone :banghead:

Today im feeling down & I have to admit it was very hard passing the peanut m&m on offer in tesco. Seems unfair that healthy food is more expensive than junk.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I have told anyone who has asked me what my weight was when I joined slimming world in January 2013 (if you cant see from my stats on the side here, I was exactly 20st) and that is a way that I will NEVER go back there again and I wont as I love the way I'm feeling, call me vain but I love the compliments but most of all I love the way DH looks at me now :flirt2: that is the best thing about this he he he

Redsters, I'm soooo with you on the good food been expensive but what helps me is the fact that I'm probably saving thousands of euros that I would have spent if I had been overweight and all the health implications that come with that (sadly not at the moment between fertility and my hip but I will reap the rewards later I'm sure) it is worth it, yesterday for a few bits and pieces I spent €50 in tesco and a lot of the items were on special

Hi everyone, hope you all have a good week and weigh in. I managed 1.5 down this week and I'm over the moon. I really felt like I didn't want to go in today but I said that at least if it was bad news it was my own fault and I just needed to get back to normal. I tried eating more veggies and a lot more fruit and made my veggie soup so at least having a mug of that before lunch and dinner is kind of getting some veg in lol. Good luck to you all this week xxx

Hi Everyone!!
So at weight in I was down a pound and I love it.
I was always at the weekend at an agm so lunch and 5 course meal were a set menu, I had my drinks and really enjoyed myself.
I know in real life I will have these events on so its good to know they wont ruin my hard work. Just get straight back on plan, I did the very next morning with a big bowl of fresh fruit followed by poached eggs and grilled rashers in the hotel..

I read through some of the posts from this week, I think a great dinner idea is stir-fry, fast, yummy and a great way to boost superfree too..

Best of luck to everyone for this coming week xx

Stir fry is one of my favourite dinners you can pile in the Superfree !

I was down 2lbs this week.

Best of luck to everyone weighing this week :) x

Thanks vavaness I need to stop my scale hopping though because before I left for weigh in I had convinced myself I would STS or lose maybe half a pound!

Don't know why I weigh myself every day I go by my consultants scales. it's obsessive at this stage & I do it at night to before bed!

Thanks vavaness I need to stop my scale hopping though because before I left for weigh in I had convinced myself I would STS or lose maybe half a pound!

Don't know why I weigh myself every day I go by my consultants scales. it's obsessive at this stage & I do it at night to before bed!

I am the very same lately! Can't seem to stop myself! :sigh:

Hi. i only lost half lb this week but i've been in bad form with diverticulitis and on antibiotics.on a very low fiber diet so no 1/3 super free on my plate.well done everyone who lost weight this week.x

Stuck to plan yesterday, had only used 2 syns coming up to bed time, when a neighbour called in to visit my DH. It's the first time he's been to our house, and he'd brought wine. My DH doesn't drink. You know one of those awkward moments when everyone stands not saying a word? It was like that. I could feel yer man's mortification at dropping in, and rethinking should he have called first... so I go "Let's crack this open then!"

Result- ended up having half a bottle of wine and toast before bed. And was up til midnight so shattered now.

DH seems to have a new friend though! ;)

Back