Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Well done! New Me, do you have a diary??

Vickyt can u explain the 666 thing

Hi the 666 is pretty simple,
for 6 days, you have only 6syns a day and eat at least 6 superspeed foods (the ss foods in your food optimising book). you still follow your plan, EE for me. so you still have at least 1/3rd superfree foods and can snack on your fat free yogurts etc.
Hope this helps!

Thanks Niamh, no I've no diary on here I just do a written one every day. I have thought about starting one on here but don't know if I would fill it out every day that's the only thing!

Ah yeah. I go days sometimes without logging into mine, but find that the times I do add to it, I stay on track better. I always have my notebook though. Must get a new one soon, this one is all dog-eared and running out of pages.

I used to have a copy it got pretty battered pretty quick. I got myself a lovely A5 hardback notebook in the euro shop for €2. Its great and I have a pen with all different colours, pink, green etc for writing in it! I know how sad that sounds but it helps me keep on track and nice to look back over especially if I have a big loss one week :)

Mine is a spiral bound A5 notebook/copy yoke and it's covered in spills and has loads of other random notes I've written in it. I should change to a proper notebook or diary.

I use coloured highlighters :eek:

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me tagging along. I'm from Ireland too and Only just found this thread, still figuring out the boards.
I'm back to slimming world hoping to get rid off the baby weight and get back to target. So far 10lbs gone, slowly but gone all the same.
I'm a Thursday weigher and now looking forward to tomorrow!

Hoping the extra motivation will help!

Don't know how but I actually lost 1Ib last night, very happy with that loss

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Frozen Berries

Just thought I'd ask you guys about this, as it relates to Irish Food Safety Authority (haven't checked if it applies to UK)

Anyway, don't know if you remember last year, we were advised to boil imported frozen berries for 1 min before eating them. There is a chance of Hepatitis apparently. I used to buy loads from Aldi/Lidl, defrost them over night and throw them on to my porridge. I stopped eating them, mainly because I went off porridge, not directly as a result of the Hep risk.

I want to eat more berries, so checked the FSA website earlier, and they're still recommending boiling.

So would you syn them? Personally, I wouldn't really consider a 1 min boil as cooking/stewing the fruit, but interested to hear your thoughts.

Hi sweet as pie. How are you finding it so far? IM still trying to get my head around eating pasta, rice and potatoes is going to help me loose weight. Fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow. X

Going good so far i think, still not fully converted that i can eat all the potoato/pasta/rice i want and still lose weight so trying to keep a check on my portions but we will see tomorrow :)

Well done Newme14 and Orla1973 on the great result this week .

Not sure coughdrops, hopefully one of the other girls can help you, i stopped buying them too when all that came out was just wondering the other week was there still an issue with them

Welcome runmammyrun. Best of luck to you and the other girls weighing tomorrow. Well done Orla on your loss fantastic. Niamh sorry I'm no help when it comes to the berries I didn't even know that goes to show you how much I know!

Just got invited to a party Sunday and dinner on Monday... Just when I got back on top of things!

Thanks for the welcome girls... Well done on your loss NewMe14 and Orla on your losses, great work.

Cough Drop, I would think the same, boiling for a minute could hardly warrant sins! Hopefully not anyway!

Niamh, I didn't know about the boil notice at all. Must keep that in mind as have loads of frozen berries!!
Such good losses this week, best of luck to everyone else, Hooping this great weather will make me choose better meals.. light and tasty!!

Any recipes for good summer meals that ye can suggest??

Just about to leave for my 1st weigh in. Fingers crossed i loose something.... X

IM down 21/2 lb. IM happy with that delighted i didn't put any on. X

Back