Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Howya lads! A friend of mine just bought me a box of mac and cheese from the states and I'm trying to figure out it's syns. Looks like it's free in the unmade version but 'as prepared' is 6 syns a pop! Could I count the unprepared as free and make it up with hexa milk for a total freebie? Or is that cheating?

If the instructions say to make it up with milk (and water) and the quantity of milk is less than or equal to your he, I would say it's no different than making up a pasta and sauce with milk from a he and should be free. You could probably make it up with water for a slightly less creamy version which would be completely free and saves he's.
If it says to make up with only water tho, there is probably some sort of milk powder included which isn't free.
If you count it as free and use the he, and it's only a one off it probably won't affect your weight loss just this once even if you're wrong. X

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Get Club25 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Wow that is fantastic, I presume that is the blue bag, I have to say though I havent seen it in a while but I will have a look around and see can I get it around town

Oh yes Niamh, they wouldnt last too long in my house, on the plus side I do buy the 6 pack of the Velvet Crunch and I'm very disciplined and dont go over my syns, in fact I have one left for today and I cant wait to have it later on this evening

Afternoon ladies! Haven't been on here in ages!
All the talk about crisps is making me salivate, Lol! Speaking of crisps... have any of ye tired Walkers Pops? I love the prawn cocktail flavour, yum! :)

Afternoon ladies! Haven't been on here in ages!
All the talk about crisps is making me salivate, Lol! Speaking of crisps... have any of ye tired Walkers Pops? I love the prawn cocktail flavour, yum! :)

Oh they sound nice. I haven't seen them anywhere. Where can you buy them and how many syns for a packet?

My local shops are not too good ony just recently have they started stocking the Brennan's bread!

Oh they sound nice. I haven't seen them anywhere. Where can you buy them and how many syns for a packet?

My local shops are not too good ony just recently have they started stocking the Brennan's bread!

I get them in my local SuperValu. They are about EUR2.29 for a 6pk but at the moment they are on offer - 2 6pks for EUR3!
Not entirely sure I would buy 2 6pks anymore though... I thought I was a great one, that they'd last me nearly a fortnight but sure few glasses of wine the other night and I tore into 4 bags of them, one after another! :O
Felt like Sr Assumpta in Father Ted, Lol! :)

4 syns a bag I think.

I thought I was a great one, that they'd last me nearly a fortnight but sure few glasses of wine the other night and I tore into 4 bags of them, one after another! :O
Felt like Sr Assumpta in Father Ted, Lol! :)

THIS is exactly why I have to traipse to Centra for each bag of Snax I want. Yet you could fill the house with chocolate bars and I wouldn't eat any

The girl who does the weighing machine at my class had a fantastic idea, make your own and they can be syn free. What she did was cut the potato very finely, par boil for four minutes and lay them on the baking tray flat, spray with frylite and whatever flavours you want to add. I love spices and trust me they do work but you only get a handful but I suppose you could have a few trays going on in the oven at the same time. They are not the same as your regular bag of crisps but they are lovely and they did suffice me (yes I too am a huge crisp fan).

I've done the lasagne sheet "Doritos" before, which is a tweak so you're meant to syn the lasagne (I didn't... the amount of effort that went in to making them!)

You wouldn't be making them every day, they take ages, but they're tasty.

The girl who does the weighing machine at my class had a fantastic idea, make your own and they can be syn free. What she did was cut the potato very finely, par boil for four minutes and lay them on the baking tray flat, spray with frylite and whatever flavours you want to add. I love spices and trust me they do work but you only get a handful but I suppose you could have a few trays going on in the oven at the same time. They are not the same as your regular bag of crisps but they are lovely and they did suffice me (yes I too am a huge crisp fan).

You can do them in the microwave too without par boiling. Spray a plate with frylight then spray the crisps and microwave until they turn golden brown. They're a tweak too tho x

but all ingredients are free foods, why are they a tweak

It's a tweak when you make them into something else. Normally lasagne sheets are free, but you eat it as part of a meal, so really you're probably having say 2 full sheets of it along with your normal superfree, mince, sauce etc. If you make lasagne doritos, you could easily use 5 or 6 sheets, and eat them separate to your 3 meals for that day.

Same with the potatoes, if you make crisps you might be adding 2 or 3 extra spuds to your daily food, whereas it's unlikely you'd eat an extra 3 mashed potatoes.

So you're meant to syn it. I don't though- it's so rare that I make them, and when I make them I am avoiding Pringles, so I am not synning them!

What coughdrops said ;)
It takes so much effort to make enough of them and chances are they're a better option than what I would have had anyway so I don't syn any tweaks. If my weight loss seems to be affected by them, I'll reconsider my stance but I don't do it often so it shouldn't cause problems

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Get Club25 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

I havent done it for a while but the way I would see it is I increase my super free intake to cover the one third and usually I would eat them after one of my meals so I would count on them altogether but like that it has been a while

Hi all Im from County Kerry thinking of joining SW when it opens in Tralee next week. Ex Lipotrim, atkins. Thinking red days will be good for me as Im used to Atkins

Hi all , just registered here so forgive me if i make a mess of my very first post :) I joined slimming world march 11th this year and i LOVE it , so far ive got 4stone 1 lb gone , loads more to go but im confident i'll get to where i want to be. Looking forward to chatting with you all .

Back