Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Niamh you are doing great,that wee gain will be off in no time. I think the hot weather is helping alot as don't feel like eating warm dinners and eating lots of fruit and ice creams (low syn ones mind you!!)

oh never had those ones. Il be passing an aldi tomorrow will pop in and see if I can see them. I've been having their twister ones that are 2.5 syns but I would like to save half a syn where I can :)

Thanks Celtic-Chick, it is very hard to get the syns on the individual bottles of wine on the app so I would generally go with what is in our books, there can be a slight difference between the white and red but I will go along with what is stated in the book and usually I have one or two syns left in the day just to cover "in case"

NewMe, could you please tell me the names of those ice pops in Aldi, himself does the shopping and I can ask him to get them for me and one other thing, your so motivated that I have no doubt you will have that loss by then and probably before it

Orla I'm attaching a picture here of the ice creams. They really are like twisters only smaller. You get 5 in a box for €1.50 however they are very hard to get in Aldi sometimes I think all slimming world people know about them. One week I was in my local aldi saw them got a box and thought great il get another box went back all sold out eve though freezer was full. So it's hit and miss when they are in stock. If I see them now I usually buy a few boxes just to have in the freezer and I'm glad I do now because of the little heat wave we are having !

ps thanks for the support I really appreciate it I finally think I'm getting my life back thanks to slimming world.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1406278787.620853.jpg

Yep, hit and miss whether you'll get them in aldi they sell out fast . I'm almost certain I saw them in dunnes the other day , will have a nose later on when I'm in there . They are yummy and really hit the spot when you need a ice lolly fix :)

Thank you so much NewMe and I82much, I will ask himself to look for them. I actually made my own two weeks ago and I still have five of them left, they work out at 1 syn per ice cream and I used the half syn muller light greek style coconut and vanilla flavour and an sachet of the options hot chocolate.

NewMe, I know exactly what your saying as I have been there, if only for the friends you make staying to image therapy, I have made loads (I'm on the social team where I am)

Social team here too :) i love staying to group though it gives me a break from the 5 kids which is well needed these days .

Hi guys,

can an I join you please? Just restarted sw after our 3rd child & am struggling to loose, seem to be hovering at the same weight for a few weeks now. Did red days this week & I lost 2lb. Yea!!

Lads, Can I join in too! I did SW a few years ago and lost 4.5 st- fast forward and I have put back on 2.5 of that :wave_cry:So officially joining on wed pm but did a sw shop this morning and will start now! Has much changed recently? I think it was 2012 when I was last in group (yellow/orange pack). Looking forward to getting back to it as I know it can be done and have been faffing about with shakes etc recently :sigh:

Welcome bennyb and puddinpop.

Best of luck to both of you. I only joined this year so I'm not sure if much has changed since 2012 though.

Welcome :wavey:

Newer versions of the books came out last year, not much has changed though. When you join up again, you'll get the new books.

Welcome newbies, it is great to see you on here especially when your Irish too

I82much, you have five kids, wow is all I can say, how do you manage to do slimming world, do you give your children slimming world dinners, I think this is best but then again I have no children but DH is asking me now to cook slimming world meals for him, he absolutely adores my shepherd's pie

DH eats SW dinners too. Batch cooked 13 meals yesterday, so freezer is full. So handy when I am working, to pull out dinner in morning and not have to think about it. I find I do best at SW the more pre-prepared I am.

Off work next week, which will make things a bit harder, my routine will be all over the place.

Niamh, when your off stock up on your fruit, I know you have to wait until the time to buy but I always feel if I'm hungry that I snack on fruit a lot

oooh Orla, forgot to tell you... I got some low alcohol/cal wine at weekend. I have a pic on my phone, I'll get it

Got this in Tesco in NI, and handily it had the cals per glass printed on bottle. It's 55 cals per 125ml glass, so I did the sums- 330 cals per bottle, and 16.5 syns per bottle / 2.75 syns per glass. It was nice, definitely drinkable!

In case pic isn't clear, it's called Black Tower Skinny.

In the latest mag (bought after my shopping trip) there is another Black Tower wine called "Black Tower B", which the magazine has synned at 3 syn per glass (even though it's 55 cals too), but I reckon that's because SW don't deal in quarter syns?

Interestingly, I saw another 5.5% wine in Tesco, which said 60 cals per glass. So I don't think all 5.5% wines are necessarily the same syns.

Although I am willing to investigate...

wine.jpg

I make SW meals for my OH too and he's a big fan of the cottage pie off slimming eats. Thought he'd turn up his nose the first time cuz I made the topping with 1/3 sweet potato, 2/3 floury white potato (and an egg for mashing but it's not necessary) but he refuses it any other way now. It seems less heavy than just normal potato with no butter or cream.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Get Club25 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

I think I will check with my local tesco to see do they stock this wine, I think it is definitely worth investigating, I would have to give away the 1.5syns to DH but I'm sure he wont refuse alcohol even low alcohol

Miss_Taken, that sounds lovely, I may actually try that recipe, I'm always trying to do dinners without the butter, this one sounds very nice and you dont want that heavy feeling in the middle of summer

Back