Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hey haven't been on the past week, had such a busy week!!
Was at a wedding Thursday, than was helping out at the local agri show Saturday and started a new job today..
Dreading my WI tomorrow :(
With my new job I will miss my morning group and have to go to an evening WI..

So I am all over the place,
Hope everyone is having a great week :)

Just back from 2 nights in Galway.... Fab time but dreading Friday weigh in. I stuck to red days for Saturday but I'm sure I went over 15 syns with the alcohol. Teehee then midway through Sunday I blundered & today was a total write off ending up with a Mc Donald's on the way home! I tried to restart at every meal... Lol I failed miserably! Well that's my blip,... Out of the way from first thing in the morning I'm back at it.

Good luck bennyb, it's not easy getting back on the bandwagon but it can be done. Had a bit of a similar week, kept convincing myself that this was the last naughty thing. Had half a pound off tonight so seem to have blundered by, but went shopping this evening and have planned breakfast, lunch and dinner 3 days ahead so no more excuses.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st -
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Good luck bennyb, it's not easy getting back on the bandwagon but it can be done. Had a bit of a similar week, kept convincing myself that this was the last naughty thing. Had half a pound off tonight so seem to have blundered by, but went shopping this evening and have planned breakfast, lunch and dinner 3 days ahead so no more excuses.

Morning miss taken. Good stuff that seems to be the way to go. I think once you have your meals planned & the food at home that's half the battle. At the minute I've no food in the house cos we are just home.
I have yo stick to it we have less than 4 weeks till a wedding & I want to fit comfortably into a dress !

b

Sounds like you got great motivation. I have my own wedding in less than 8 months and would love 4 more stone off which can be done, but I'll be happy with 2.5 st.
Once everything is planned, I find I don't look for other things as much so that's my main focus.
Good luck xx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st -
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Miss_Taken, your getting married in 8 months that has to be the biggest motivation tool for you to keep going, I bet you look fantastic already, you have done so well

Thanks Orla, yeah, impending nuptials have a lot to answer for, it's y I joined in the first place ;) feel so much better and even if I lose no more, I've already come so far1406632154333.jpg
There should be a before in my fotos if you are interested. ..This was taken in November

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st -
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Wow you look amazing and I can relate to what your saying about coming so far, I'm the same

The pic is very flattering, most of me is hidden behind my friend (the owner of the boob at the edge of pic ;) ) and the dress helps, but couldn't have imagined losing over 5st before SW. Or being on a "diet" for 18 months.
You're doing fantastic yourself Orla, and a total inspiration xxx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st -
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Its what I can control now when everything around me is crumbling and there is nothing I can do but it is definitely looking like a big gain today

That is true Miss_Taken, I will never give up no matter how bad things are purely because I know I can do it and that is a great feeling of been in control

Girls , a totally rookie question for you all. Our consultant mentioned woman of the year briefly today at club - whats involved , do we vote or just nominate or how does it work ? I like to be prepared lol .

Orla , yep 5 kids eldest is almost 10, youngest 3 so ive got a mad crazy house , the kids are loving all the fresh fruit and fresh home cooking rather than the quick easy conveinence foods . I cook one meal for everyone and if they eat they eat if not well ,they dont , if i gave in to cooking different for each id never get out of the kitchen . Im actually counting down the days until they are all back in school/playschool - i love routine and at the moment there is no routine at all .

Hope things are better for you now .

Sorry i cant remember who asked if i had any tips and i really dont , just the usual ones plan , perservere and keep a food diary . A quote which keeps me going is "Don't let the fear of the time it takes to accomplishsomething stand in your way of doing it. The time will pass anyway ; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

I82much, woman of the year is done by everyone at class they vote for the person who they feel is inspirational and motivational, you can vote for someone you feel deserves it, we start voting next week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

No havent tried the beef lasagne at all, I find it would be too heavy in this weather

Thanks for that Orla , hadn't a clue how it worked . Can't help with lasagne I'm afraid I haven't gotten around to making it yet either .

Your very welcome my dear, sure you never know you might announce it here in the next few weeks

I have it in the oven as I type I couldn't find fat free yogurt so just used low fat and I think it's 1.5 syns for the whole 500g tube. I hope it tastes as good as it looks.. :D

Oh god noooo I've miles to go yet and I'm definitely not one for standing up in front of a crowd talking lol . I was just trying to figure out do I vote for biggest loser (almost 9stone lost) who very rarely stays to group or the girl who is at target (3stone lost) and stays every week . To be honest she inspires me more than the other girl - lol can u tell I tend to overthink stuff ???

Hope the lasagne is yummy :)

Back