Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Let me know how it goes NewMe, I have yet to find a decent substitute for white sauce in lasagne and usually just leave it out. X

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st -
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

L82much, well I think I would go for the that stays to group if she inspires you more. Sure if the other girl never stays she won't even know these nominations are taking place!

Miss taken, it was bad very bad..I hope no one is eating when reading this but when I broke into it to cut the topping looked like sick. So don't think I will be making that again in a hurry. Might get a jar of sauce and use half of it and just syn it because what's after happening is I've to throw it out and I'm hungry I ate around the sauce kind of! Think I might stick to a cottage/shepards pie next time!

I'm with NewMe, the competition is for the biggest inspiration, not the greatest loser. ..sounds like the one with 9st lost isn't interested in group activities anyway.
As for the lasagne, that's a shame :( , the yoghurt probably split with the heat. Quark might work better but would be much too thick for white sauce unless you could mix it with something to thin it down a bit?
Failing that, it's actually not bad without it.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st -
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Thanks girls that's that sorted :) I'm going to vote for the girls who stays all the time rather than the one who only stays to pick up her awards !

Sorry to hear the lasagne didn't work out :(

L82much, well I think I would go for the that stays to group if she inspires you more. Sure if the other girl never stays she won't even know these nominations are taking place!

Miss taken, it was bad very bad..I hope no one is eating when reading this but when I broke into it to cut the topping looked like sick. So don't think I will be making that again in a hurry. Might get a jar of sauce and use half of it and just syn it because what's after happening is I've to throw it out and I'm hungry I ate around the sauce kind of! Think I might stick to a cottage/shepards pie next time!

I am eating but still LOL'ed at this! Looked like sick - ha ha! :D

Lol Vavaness, I'm sorry you were eating while reading that - I think that has to be one of my worst attempts at a slimming world meal!

Ah lads what is with the weather? It is peeing down here! Go away rain, I am off next week!!

And a neighbours dog has taken up shelter on our step, and looks miserable. GO HOME PUP! You're making me feel bad. And I am not going outside to you... my hair will go beserk

I think the rain (and lightning) has made it my length :( just home from work and the dog is refusing to go outside for a pee. He's an old english sheepdog so I kinda see his point...he's like a mop on legs when he's wet

Miss taken I've near fallen around the kitchen laughing at this. The poor doggie! Well it's not raining here (yet) but very overcast!

I've been missing for a while there but now I'm back, please to say I got my stone and half award yesterday. Getting closer to target again wahoo. Some off my pre preggers clothes have even been dusted off!

How is everyone doing?

So am I!

Nice and sunny here now... my rant must of worked. And doggy went home.

Irish weather, eh? If you don't like it, wait 10 minutes ;)

Miss taken I've near fallen around the kitchen laughing at this. The poor doggie! Well it's not raining here (yet) but very overcast!

I've been missing for a while there but now I'm back, please to say I got my stone and half award yesterday. Getting closer to target again wahoo. Some off my pre preggers clothes have even been dusted off!

How is everyone doing?

Haha, good to have you back, congrats on your award, bet you're chuffed x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st -
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Bad day here too. Some very heavy downpours :(

Can anyone recommend a low syn cheese sauce or a low syn jar I could use for lasagne?

Ps well done runmammyrun absolutely fantastic :)

newme, the Dolmio Light white sauce for lasagne is 20 syns for 470g jar. Never had it, so don't know what it tastes like. But for a biggish lasagne, say split into 6, the syns would be low enough.

oh that's great Niamh I thought those sauces would be a lot higher. The actual filling of it wasn't bad just the topping.
Will use a jar next time, I won't be making it that much so the odd jar should be ok :)

Lost 4 this week, that's 10 in 3 weeks... finally going in right direction

Sent from my phone... if I can work it properly

Certain Dolmio ranges in WW was low so I figured they would be low syn in SW too and they taste yummy. NewMe, I think if your sharing it or just having one sixth of a slice then those sauces are worth it and if you like your sauce then this is a tasty treat and that is how I would see lasagne in general

Niamh, your flying it well done and runmammyrun, glad to see you back, I had missed you

By the way, we got rain in Athlone here but nothing like what ye are saying although DH works in Kilbeggan and it lashed there apparently and more importantly I'm getting my body magic in every morning so far

Well done Niamh, that's a great boost. Your flying it now really back on it. FANTASTIC xx

Your right Orla for a nice meal I think the sauce will be nice!

Anyone any plans for the bank holiday? I'm away but hoping to stay on track well as much as I can. I really want a loss this week. The weather isn't looking great for the weekend which is a shame

I'm busy for the whole weekend, I have four sisters coming down this evening for the weekend and I'm going to spoil them a little and then I get my highlights done tomorrow afternoon. On Tuesday my consultant is stopping doing our class :cry:as she has young children and found doing two days was physically impossible. I havent really talked about it here as she had told me a while back but not to say anything but I'm totally gutted, we got on so well. I know we will meet up every so often but it wont be the same, a new girl is taking over her class and will continue on the social team for the new girl so I'm doing a little party for my consultant and then next Wednesday is d-day, my sister and I are going down with Mam to the Galway Clinic to find out the outcome of all the scans so while it is a busy weekend it is also a very stressful and emotional weekend too

Good luck with everything Orla, you have my sympathies on losing your consultant, it's hard to get used to a new one when you got on well with the previous one. I wound up stopping for a couple of weeks (other personal issues as well) and considered changing groups. Hope your new consultant is as good as the old one, it's sometimes hard to remember that they are having as tough a time getting used to the group as we do getting used to them. Xx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st -
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Hi all, orla I know what that's like when a consultant leaves. When I first joined SW the consultant was just starting out herself and I was with her the whole way to target, like you I got along well with her and returning with someone else wasn't the same. It took me ages to get the head focused again. Hopefully it all works out for you!

No plans really this weekend, need to stay on plan and get out doing some running. Haha the doggie brings his own lead to me as soon as he sees my runners, so he pushes me out the door!
Fingers crossed for some sun over the w/end!

Back