Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Thanks new me you might get to know about it you might be in the running of it you never know

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I got it last year but was just informal, a photo taken with the certificate and sash. This year (new consultant) the nominees were told if they win it and meet certain criteria, it can go to regional finals etc but all I know is that you are supposed to have lost more than 4st to go any further.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st -
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Just catching up on the threads after my week off. So sorry to hear about your Mum Orla, I'll keep you both in my thoughts. It'll be a tough time for you all, but you sound like a strong, close family, which will stand to you. SW might seem a little insignificant at the moment, but having something else to channel your energy and focus into can definitely help.

Congrats on your nomination too. :D

Thanks for that Miss_Taken, I have over the 4st so it would be nice to win. I'm not going to get my hopes up but after such a horrendous last week this definitely put a smile on my face and I have to say I would like to win (sorry I'm not very humble :ashamed0005:) and one other thing is I'm trying to find out who the other nominees are and so far nobody else has been contacted.

Thanks Peachdream, it did me the world of good to get that text.

Niamh, great to see you back, this week the shock has worn off but we are a lot more focused about what needs to be done and all the kind words and prayers that have been said are very welcome and give us a little hope

Whatever or whoever is watching over me today, I'm a lot more focused and not as teary today, feeling a little bit happier now and have weigh in today and they are crowning woman of the year and I'm a nominee (yayyy)

Thats a lovely wee pick up for you..take care a good luck

Best of luck tonight Orla :)

How's everyone else doing? I have been trying out some new recipes and I have to say I'm really enjoying SW at the moment. Think it's just the change from my usual boring food! :)

Good Luck Orla! Today is a good day x

NewMe, I'm doing ok. Finding it hard to get back on track, but did it yesterday and today is looking similar. Following Kay's Salad Challenge... I really enjoy it and it got me a good loss 2 weeks ago. So hoping that will give me a STS this week and a good loss next week.

New recipes really help don't they? It gives you something to look forward to. That's why I batch cook when I can- I fill the freezer with Quorn Taco-mince, turkey curry, turkey fajita and pork with black bean. Every morning I pull out dinner for that day, it's like having a take away every night but with a max of 2 syns ;)

Good luck tonight Orla.
Coughdrops, how do you make your pork and black bean? I'm fishing for new low budget meals that I can batch cook to make life easier x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st - DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Ah I use a sachet of the Blue Dragon sauce. They've changed the recipe recently so it's now 7.5 syns for the pack (used to be 6 I think).

Anyway, I stirfry up my pork and a load of chopped peppers and onion, and when it's cooked I add the sachet. I also add some random spices (like garlic Italian!) which don't necessarily "match" the sauce but I like it spiced up.

I'll add a bit of water too, as usually I've a load more veg in the pan than it says on the packet.

Then when it cools I split it into two, so 4 syn per portion. But they are huge portions that I share with DH, so I syn it at 2 per person.

When I reheat it, I serve with a side salad and more chopped peppers/apples. We don't eat much rice/pasta any more.

Sounds really good xxx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st - DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Thank you all, dont know what it is but I have to say I'm more calmer today and a little happier, I think it may be down to the fact that Mam knows what she is going to do. Have to say I'm beginning to feel a little nervous now, I think they will be crowned at about 6.30pm this evening, I would love to post a picture up here if I'm lucky enough to win (wont get my hopes up)

I have to say I love garlic italian, when my sw chips are almost done in the actifryer, I throw in some spices including garlic italian into the actifryer and the smell is divine

Hi all, how is everyone doing?? Vavaness I think the red Thai fillets are higher syns than the others so worth double checking. I think it's 5.

Fingers crossed for you orla, good luck!

New me, I've found this week tough to stick to plan, a real sweet toothnot looking forward to WI tomorrow nite, Really want to get to target by end august and need to get prepared!!!! How are you getting on?

Hi all, how is everyone doing?? Vavaness I think the red Thai fillets are higher syns than the others so worth double checking. I think it's 5.

Fingers crossed for you orla, good luck!

New me, I've found this week tough to stick to plan, a real sweet toothnot looking forward to WI tomorrow nite, Really want to get to target by end august and need to get prepared!!!! How are you getting on?

Hi runmammyrun, yep, your right, luckily its the 'hot & spicy' one that I have tasted and want to get - I think that one is 2, if I looked it up right :)
Good luck with your WI tomorrow night xxx

Hi all,

I'm in Galway. I have 40lbs plus to loose. I'm 37 next week! 3 kids of 6,5 & 3 & need to get healthy firstly & feel good about myself. My name is Louise. Hope you don't mind me joining.

i weighed in tonight @ 13st6lb. Time to prioritise SW for my own good.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome Louanna, we love to see new people from Ireland here

Just letting you know, I won Woman of the year last night, if anyone is on the Slimming World Ireland facebook page my photo is up there, the team developer was there last night to see me been crowned and asked if I didnt mind my photo on that facebook page and I said I dont mind at all, you can have a look

Back