Get Club25/Lose 5.5st - DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Thanks a million Miss_Taken

Great to see an Irish thread. I know must of our grocery stores are really similar to the UK ones but there are a few things which I can never find on other threads!

Well done Orla, you must be delight, with that amazing weight loss you really deserve it!

Shocked and thrilled thanks a million

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all,

I'm in Galway. I have 40lbs plus to loose. I'm 37 next week! 3 kids of 6,5 & 3 & need to get healthy firstly & feel good about myself. My name is Louise. Hope you don't mind me joining.

i weighed in tonight @ 13st6lb. Time to prioritise SW for my own good.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Louise, welcome to minimins. We love to see new people on the irish thread. there is quite a few of us also. If you need any help or anything just ask there is always someone around to help and offer advice. Have you joined a group or you doing it on your own?

Welcome Louanna, we love to see new people from Ireland here

Just letting you know, I won Woman of the year last night, if anyone is on the Slimming World Ireland facebook page my photo is up there, the team developer was there last night to see me been crowned and asked if I didnt mind my photo on that facebook page and I said I dont mind at all, you can have a look

Orla, so happy for you to have won. You should be so proud of yourself. I also got nominated for woman of the year I was really like me :confused::confused: really! It seems I have inspired a few members at my group so I am really happy that my advice is helping other people. Had a good day at group today got my next award too :cool:!

Thanks NewMe I was thrilled and shocked at the same time, to be honest I'm not surprised you were nominated your stats are just fantastic

Congratulations Orla!! I saw your pic on FB, you look fab. Such an achievement to lose so much. Love that dress you're wearing ;)

NewMe... Well done!!! You're an inspiration to many, I am sure.

I missed group last week cos I was on holidays, and on Monday I was weighing in at 7 lbs up! I know some of that was water weight, bloating and TOTM, but it's a big jump in a week isn't it?! Anyway, today on my scales I've lost 3 of those lbs. Think I'll go to group tonight, bite the bullet, and get that 4 off for next week.

Thanks everyone. It would be nice to win but I won't be disappointed if I don't. There are some great ladies and men in my group who are there week in week out with tips and advice.

Niamh yeah your right get yourself to group tonight and weigh in. You will have that little gain gone in no time. When I came back from holidays I lost my holiday weight as quick as I gained it while away!

I don't mind too much about holiday gains (obv I would rather not have them) because I intend to enjoy my time off work. I'm sure even naturally slim people gain a few lbs after a week on the booze/food, which levels out again naturally after a few weeks.

Raging though... ordered a dress online which arrived today. It is ridiculously big on me. I have no idea what size I am these days. Bought a size 16 Next dress on ebay a few weeks ago, was miles too small. I reckon an 18 would have been tight. Thought the size was wrong on it, as my 16 jeans fit fine. But I checked against the Next size guide online, and measured the dress (and me!) and the sizing was correct. Going by their size guide online, I am a 20.

So last week order a different dress (from oxendales). Wasn't taking any chances, so measured myself and I am also a 20 going by their size chart. Compared their chart to Next's and they are similar. Dress lands today and it is crazy big.

(going by the above, you're probably thinking "eh you're obv an 18")

I know sizes change by store, and style, and shape etc, but I'd hoped the size chart would have been somewhat accurate. I must be an odd shape!

Niamh I doubt you are an odd shape. I find shops sizes vary huge like I can fit into an 18 from Next and New Look but I bought a dress from Dunnes the other day in an 18 and it doesnt go anywhere near me!! I'd say I have a fair few stone to go before it ever fits. So it's not just you. I find Littlewoods clothes do be true to their sizes and good quality.

I agree, I find new look sizes pretty generous, I fit into a size 14 in their jeans (just) but an 18 in asda jeans bought for work are probably around the same fit.
Dunnes seem to be really small fitting, especially in tops

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Thanks ladies... I know it's always been like that, but when I worked in Dublin I could nip into shops and I had an idea of what would fit me by looking at it. Now though I am in back @rse of nowhere, it's more difficult with online stuff. And though I've 2 stone off, size wise I've not changed that much.

If it helps any, I've 5.5st off and I've only gone down 1 or 2 sizes in tops. Most of the ones I wore before I joined SW still fit me so you're not alone. I live in the middle of nowhere too :p
New look will allow you to order online into their store, try it on then return it for a refund if it doesn't fit. It's handy if you have one of the basic stores that doesn't carry all their depts (plus size, tall, petite etc). Next and others might do it too.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

I actually ended up in New Look other day, the one nearest to me isn't too bad for size/range. Got myself a lovely black jumpsuit, which is super comfy (like a onesie!!), but is going to be a challenge when I need a wee ;)

Haha, good point, I never really thought of that with jumpsuits...I don't have the shape for them so I've never had one but I never understood why ladies onesies don't have bum flaps for bathroom breaks tho. I always thought that'd be ingenious.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

I don't buy onesies for that exact reason, when I had one and wore it at night it was far too complicated for a wee when I was half asleep. Too much info?!

Lol, nah, I feel your pain, I only wear mine as an alternative to a dressing gown, ie over jammies in the winter. It comes off before bed.
Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 -
Lose 6st -
Get Club30 -