Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

I'm not hopeful at all. We had a party on Saturday night for my birthday and wedding anniversary so a good bit of wine was consumed. Was as good as gold Thursday and Friday and back on the wagon today. Having the alpen lights as my heb so there will be hopefully no syns, or as few as possible, over the next 3 days. Last week was my 2nd gain for no reason so I just don't know anymore.
Good luck to everyone for this week xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using MiniMins.com mobile app

Best of luck hun, I really hope you have a loss x

I am doing so-so... had a great week up until Friday last, then went haywire over the weekend when we had guests staying. My willpower goes out the window when I am not in my usual routine. One of the MANY issues I need to address!

So, we'll see how it evens out by Thursday. Had challenged myself to 25 days on 100% plan for Sept, thinking I'd have 1 day off a week. Eh, I've had 3 already. I'm away to re-read my mini goals at the back of my planner :eek:

Niamh it is so hard when you are out of your usual routine or away from home and you need to cook somewhere else. That's what happened me a few weeks ago and I ended up going off plan and taking a holiday week as knew I'd be up.
I think reading over your goals is a good idea. I've made myself a little set too and it's nice to see them being ticked off! I had a mini binge last night I don't know why really so I don't know what the scales will say tomorrow.

:) xx

I have decided not to weigh myself on my own scales and now I'm totally nervous but I'm sure I will get used to it, was off plan a little last Friday due to nieces graduation in Dublin so will have to wait and see later, fingers and toes crossed for me today

Good luck Orla. Hope it all goes well tonight xx

I don't get to class every week since my old one closed, so in between I am depending on house scales. They are usually bang on the SW ones, so it helps me keep track, but I still think of the SW w/i as my "real" weight.

I have a night out coming up this weekend, then that is me DONE with eating/drinking until end of September... apart from winning All Ireland... I might have a few that night!

The very very best of luck Orla!! You've made the right choice not using your own scales. It just messes you up so much. I have everything crossed for you

I'm trying to keep calm now because usually when I'm stressed about something then it can affect my weight as I tend to retain fluid then but have to say this is pure torture because I havent got a clue.

Niamh, I take it your from Donegal, I'm hoping they will beat Kerry in the final (I think everyone else too unless they are from Kerry). That weekend I'm going away to Mullingar for a night (Saturday day and night) and I will be meeting with other women who are in slimming world around the country and already I have put myself down for a holiday as I know I'm going to enjoy that day.

This evening, I'm not going to have my usual treat night, I think this is why my losses are slowing down so I will stick to my syns today but DH and I were invited out to dinner on Thursday but I really dont want to go out so I'm thinking of trying to get out of it as I want a week where there are no obstacles at all.

Good luck Orla, I hope you get a good result.
I have a question and I don't know if anyone will know the answer. I asked in my group facebook page but no one is sure.
I love my actifry chips but they never work as well when I make the chips myself as when I buy the refrigerated fresh chipped potatoes. Does anyone know if these are still free or not? My local vivo sell them and they're absolutely gorgeous but there is no nutritional information or ingredients list at all and at this point, I'm about ready to ring the supplier and ask how they make them, ie, do they just wash, peel and chip or do they treat them with anything to keep them from drying out or whatever. I don't mind a few syns for them, I just wanna know how many to count if necessary :p x

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st - DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 - DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Unfortunately it wasnt a great result so I suppose it was good to throw out the scales as I would have been like a demon, was up 1.5Ibs but I have made some hard decisions and one of them is to stick to my syns on a Tuesday which I did last night and it was pure torture but I'm thrilled I did as I feel better for not sabotaging my loss for next week, fingers and toes crossed it pays off then

Miss_Taken, google the pack for the nutritional value, it often comes up online, it worked for me the other day as I had to do this for a friend who wasnt sure how many syns

Sorry you didn't get the result you hoped for, I'm thinking of giving up treat night too as I can't justify being 100% 6 days a week sticking to no more than 5 syns for such lame losses or sts. I'm thinking of calorie counting on Wi day to allow me to still have a takeaway (one more than 15 syns if I take the notion), so that a bit of extra exercise where necessary will account for it.
The chips are a local manufacturer and the company aren't well known enough to Google but I did check an asda alternative and there isn't any up to date info. My consultant has come back to me to say that she reckons they're preserved by vacuum packing and that she would count them as free so I'll take her word for it xx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

I'm not too bad now but I was like a demon this morning, it was very hard not to have my treat but I feel like I have achieved a huge amount already and once I get a good result next Tuesday I think I will continue this along

Next week though I have to try and invest in a container that keeps food warm and that way I can have my dinner after weigh in, it was a nightmare last night because I got home very late and I was ate after midnight (I know not good) but I had to do it otherwise I would picking all day today and feel justified because I stuck to my syns as well

If you are not sure about that product then I would always keep a good few syns aside just in case, if I'm not sure about a product (something as specific as wine) I would always leave about 2 syns in case it is more or less

That's good advice and I usually do try to leave a few extra syns most days anyway.
Sounds like you have a plan for the week ahead and if it helps, I think asda etc and b and m sell food flasks for less than a fiver. Definitely worth it especially if you can't get dinner til late. I'm the same if I skip dinner. I snack like a fiend and justify it all by telling myself it's ok, I missed dinner

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

I was down 2 this week. Wasn't at my usual class though so hope those scales were similar and I won't get a shock next week!

Thanks Miss_Taken, unfortunately we dont have Asda or B & M here but I think Woodies do them. I'm definitely on a plan this week and am hoping I get a big loss not just a loss but a big one because I think emotionally I need one.

NewMe, I can totally relate to that, a loss is a loss but I think sometimes the consultants all have different scales so the best thing to do is to have a super duper week and hope it shows as a loss next week, one other thing as well, did you weigh the same day as that can affect the result too. Overall though well done you are down another 2Ibs

Orla what you are planning to do this week is what I have been doing. Last Thursday I brought my lunch with me to have during group. Kept a food diary this week. Was sn absolyte angel then thursday and friday. Went a bit nuts saturday and Sunday as we were celebrating our 10th anniversary and my birthday and then back on track Monday. I have been having the alpen lights as my Heb with my cup of tea so I had less than 5 syns every day.
I've just made my lunch now for after weigh in today and I'm going up for my bath now. I really, really hope it's paid off and theres is some sort of a loss this week!!!

Best of luck Triple B for weigh in :)

I agree with MissTaken and the having dinner ready. I am the exact same if I dont have it ready or planned I will end up picking at bits and pieces and its usually synfull foods :(!

Thanks Orla, I didn't think I deserved a loss. (thats why I think the scales may be different) same weigh day though. I did go over my syns badly one day and ate a big lump of cheesecake but I was on plan the rest of the week. I will do my best this week but I am out for dinner with some friends at the weekend but will try and be good.

Thanks Triple B, the weekend can be a killer for most but to be fair you had a lot on and dont be worrying about it, the great thing about slimming world is you can go right back into it and start again.

NewMe, I hope the cheesecake was lovely, I absolutely adore it

3lbs off!!! One happy happy bunny here. I'm going to repeat what I did last week this week. Had hoped for a weekend off from partying this weekend as the hubby has gone off on a stag but I know have his Aunties 75th lunch (which will be crazy) on Saturday and my Dads birthday lunch on Sunday so I will justdo my level best stick to my guns!!! I'm spurned on now after that loss. Good luck to everyone for the coming week xx

That is fantastic, well done on that loss, I would love that loss next Tuesday

One tip if your going to these lunches and you have no choice but to go then I would stuff my face with sw dinner beforehand and that way your not hungry and can have a coffee

Back