Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Well done new me, great work. I agree with you, let's not wait till October, end September on a loss.

Well I'm was down 1lb tonight and I'm well cuffed that even though I enjoyed myself to the last on hols, running while I was away seems to have balanced me out. So I'm now 2.5lb from target so time to get in gear! Haha ye have heard me say this before, but I mean it this time!

Vahevela welcome aboard and good luck with your WI!

Howye Ladies! Hope the scales fairy is being good to ye all this week x
5 lbs down tonight and thrilled! x :D

Thanks everyone, DH told me last night that I had one soup left in the freezer and I have that defrosting at the moment and will have it tonight. I think * week almost over so I think the peppermint tea will kick in now in the next few days. When I got up on the scales last Tuesday usually I would look to see the way it is moving and then I know if I have fluid but last Tuesday I was so sure I was going to be up I didnt look and hence I have no idea if I have fluid retention at all, next Tuesday will tell a tale.

Does anyone know if there is a 12 week christmas countdown up here yet as it will be starting this week for some as the earliest weigh in for the countdown will be the 18th (no weigh in on Christmas Day I presume) and I think there is something about Christmas that gets us all motivated, would ye all be interested in doing this :xmastree:

Congratulation everyone, everyone seems very positive this week. Sorry I've been a bit of an absentee this past fortnight or so, been busy with birthday shenanigans and had a friend over last week.
Weighed in last week on Thursday instead of Monday and had 4lb off (the previous *week's 2.5lb gain plus 1.5lb more) then sts on monday so I'm delighted. Turning flirty 30 didn't have too much of an impact thankfully. There is a full length pic up in my progress foto album if anyone wants to have a nosey. Having trouble inserting it in line on this app.
Orla can't believe it is so close to xmas, really need to get my bum in gear and shift a bit more. I haven't seen any 12 week challenges but there is a 50lbs off til xmas one (it started ages ago) that a few people with less to lose have joined and just put in their target for before Xmas.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st - DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 - DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Miss_Taken you look unrecognisable! Literally like a different person! You should be delighted with how far you've come.

Thanks BrokenMirrors, I haven't really noticed so much as I've gone along, but that picture compared to the first ones just blows me away. I couldn't believe how fantastic I felt in the dress (from a not 'fat section' no less) on the night. I've always shied away from figure hugging dresses and gone for floaty baggy types. Not any more ;) xx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

You look unreal. You could be an ad for Slimming World!

I measured myself last night since I decided to do that once a month starting last month and I think I am now officially hourglass shaped! Most of my weight seems to have come off my waist and face and not very much anywhere else haha. Although my waist measures 30.5 inches now which is apparently a healthy size? Delighted with that!

I think when I get to a healthy bmi, I'll submit my story, just for a laugh but I have at least 3st to go before that. ;)

I seem to have lost a lot off my belly lately so it's nice to have a defined waist again ;) still a good bit to go before I hit 30.5, but measurements are every bit as important as weight I think.
Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Last edited:
Hi girls,

Great losses there. I haven't seem a 12 week countdown on here but I've joined the 50lbs to Xmas one that miss taken was on about, it started a few weeks ago but you could still join Orla and just put your goal whatever you want?

does anyone know when the last weigh in's will be. I'm a Wednesday weigher so wondering if there will be a class on the 24th dec? or will it just be the week before. I might buy a 12 week countdown for Xmas to keep me on track.

And broken mirrors I totally agree about mistakens pictures. Absolutely stunning young lady x

Ps well done vavaness I'm really happy for you hun - great loss x

Thanks NewMe, I'm all aflutter ;)
Don't know about Christmas eve but my group opened last year (for a weigh in only by mutual agreement between group and consultant) on the 23rd and I think I remember someone saying they would open any day except Christmas Day. Could be wrong tho.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get Club40 -

Our class was opened on 23rd but my former consultant did and still does a class on a Wednesday and last year that was Christmas Eve, the consultant had to check with the venue first to see if they were open and they were but she also checked with her members too to see if they wanted to go to class then

Absolutely right Newme. Now, I need to drag my bum to group tonight... I have a feeling I am v close to 15st again. Quick on / quick off?

Oh well, have to face it some time, and I've the soup challenge to look forward to from next week

Good luck Niamh, well done for facing the scales and no doubt you will lose all that in no time and if you dont feel like been told what your weight is then just say it to the girl who is doing the scales, I did that before and it worked for me as I kept convincing myself I was the same when I gained 2.5Ibs

Vavaness, a big congrats, that is an incredible loss! Wow!

Happy birthday miss taken and you look fantastic! "Flirty thirty", I love it . You're right, everyone seems to be very upbeat this week!

Ooooh I love Christmas time.... All this talk about it is great only 12 weeks!!! My hubby bans me mentioning it till after Halloween!
With my group My old consultant was there every week and she had a WI on Xmas eve. Most people just WI and leave, I was surprised at the amount off people that actually showed up that week.

Amazed I am, amazed after todays weigh-in!! After that crazy weekend and the amount of drink I drank I was down, DOWN 1.5lbs!!!
I'm up when I'm good and down when I'm bad, bananas!
As for Christmas, they weigh every week regardless of whats on, or so I was told last year. Our weigh in fell on St Stephens' Day but was moved to the following day which I say will happen this year to as Christmas Day is a Thursday so we will probably be the Tuesday or Wednesday then and the countdown to Christmas in group will be starting in a couple of weeks as they run it to New Year and not Christmas itself ( I asked tonight) :)

Brilliant Triple B, I love when I was bad and still lose (like last Tuesday) but one thing I do is be very careful the following week as it could bite me in the "you know where"

Well done

Oh I know Orla, have my school reunion tomorrow night so I know that I will need to be carefull the rest of the week, hae my carrots all chopped again and in the fridge, alpen lights again as my HEB. I would just love a weekend now at this stage where I have nothing on and can just focus but thats not going to happen anytime soon lol

Back