Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hi girls,

Great losses there. So happy for you all :)

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx

Hey everyone!
Newbie here from Galway! Gonna try and back read this thread (a good bit anyway 170 pages is a lot!).

I honestly felt a lil hungry the last two days (that was down to not eating a proper lunch though - just grabbed a snack) but this evening I feel sick in my tummy. I ate 3 proper meals and I feel sick. I'm not used to eating 3 meals a day - I'm one of those skip brekkie and lunch and then grab whatever is fast (and 9/10 bad for you) for dinner people. I think eating 3 square meals a day is gonna take some getting used to.

I had a sneaky peek at the scales today (when I woke up) and it appears I've actually gained? I know not to freak out its early days (getting weighed on Thursday) but I'm kinda worried.

Has anyone else had to get used to eating regularly? Does it get easier?

Does anyone else every have days that you simply cannot satisfy your taste buds???? I seem to be hungry all day and I shouldn't be!

Are you getting enough water? And counting in what you might be losing exercising? It could be dehydration. If you can't pin point your hunger (say you know you ate enough logically) then it could be. Try increasing your water for 3 days and see if that helps. Unless you're drinking shed loads of water already... In which case I reckon Cumberbatch, I mean, Sherlock is the man for the job!

Welcome perwinkle :) great to see new people on here

I know from reading some people's diaries on here they don't eat breakfast but might have a piece of fruit or a yogurt at half 10 / 11.

I'd say if you feel full don't force yourself to eat as SW say only eat if you are hungry.

Somedays it could be lunchtime before I eat anything. Other days I could have a big fry for breakfast it really depends. Hope that helps x

Welcome periwinkle, yeah it's just one off those weeks I think for me. I would have to buy a boat if I took in anymore water haha

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I'm starting this week off with a run in the morning. Poor doggie doesn't know it yet but he will be out off the scratcher early too! Good luck everyone for the week ahead

Hey Periwinkle and welcome. Good luck with your weightloss and as NewMe says, if you aren't hungry don't force yourself. Slimming world don't insist you have breakfast if you don't usually and I read something that suggests that there is no real evidence that overnight is long enough to significantly slow your metabolism enough to warrant having to eat in the morning to restart it. The starvation mode argument for slow weightloss seems to be more for people who fast for long periods of time or get insufficient nutrition over days or weeks.
Dietetics lecture aside, if you feel more comfortable holding off until lunchtime, go for it. It is YOUR new eating habits, not anyone else, so do what works for your lifestyle and weightloss xx

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st - DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 - DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Welcome Periwinkle, great to see a newbie from Ireland here, I'm from Athlone so would be near enough to you. I agree with what everyone is saying, eat when your hungry and make sure you get the 1/3 super free in too.

runmammyrun, I get that a lot lately and I dont know why as I wasnt like that before but maybe I think you have solved the problem, it could be I'm not drinking a lot of water.

Weigh in tomorrow, have to say Im a little scared as I was 100% on plan but I'm nervous about the fact that I got away with it last week and it may catch up with me, I did the inches again and I'm actually down another inch from last week

Thanks guys for advice re: brekkie! I ate a banana for my brekkie instead of forcing porridge into me! :)

Orla, I'm excited to see how tomorrow goes for you! Fingers crossed for you! xxx

Thanks very much for that, usually this time of week I'm both excited and nervous at the same time

best of luck for tomorrow night Orla :)

Feeling very nervous this week for weigh in, being on plan but my scales ain't looking good :(

I have stopped getting on scales anymore NewMe so I have no idea if I'm up, down or the same

I have been 100% on plan too but you just never know

My husband told me last night he was going to take them and hide them. I actually went to bed last night weighed myself then got up half an hour later and weighed myself again. Crazy I know and I do be the one on here telling people not to weigh and hide them but I can even listen to my own advice. Doh! :(

My husband told me last night he was going to take them and hide them. I actually went to bed last night weighed myself then got up half an hour later and weighed myself again. Crazy I know and I do be the one on here telling people not to weigh and hide them but I can even listen to my own advice. Doh! :(

God, I'm the very same hun! I can't stop myself, lol x :)

Whenever I diet I weigh myself every morning. It's madness. It doesn't do any real good. Should we all make a pact to hide our scales on ourselves?! Get a family member or friend to take them away :)

I have done that Periwinkle but I managed to find the scales last week after been off plan the previous Saturday but that has stopped and I told DH to hide them again in a better place, temptation has been removed but yes I do believe we should make a pact because I know for me, it is pure torture if you have had a good week and the scales dont show it, I'm so glad I did it because Monday is a nightmare as I have to wait until Tuesday to confirm often a gain

I'm in, it's absolutely ridiculous, I weigh myself 3 times a day at the minute and there is no need for it. I'm putting way too much pressure on myself mid week if I don't see a loss or get too lax and undo all my efforts if I do.

Goals
Get below 300lb - DONE
Get Club10 -DONE
Lose 2st to get into the teens -DONE
Lose 3st -DONE
Lose 4st -DONE
Lose 5st -DONE
Get Club25/Lose 5.5st - DONE
Get into Obese Class 1 - DONE
Lose 6st - DONE
Get Club30 -
Get into Overweight BMI category -
Get Club40 -
Get into Normal BMI category-

Anyone else in, come on now you know you can do it, at the end of the day it is the official weigh in that we record here so why not just wait until then

My scales had been hidden for ages the hubby refused to let me have them untill the week after the hens and I havent given them back, have been up and down on them non-stop, think I'm up as well but I'm full of wind so I'll blame the ups on that lol. I'll give them back on Thursday and thats that!! If I'm up I'll be pissed off but I did manage to get away with it last week and then I had my school reunion at the weekend, just hope its the wind that has me up LOL!

Hope tonight went well for you Orla

Back