Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Hello ladies! I've just been informed by my consultant that I've been nominated for Miss Slinky too. Delighted to be nominated in my group but not expecting to get it.... Like you Orla, I got Woman of the Year and that was pretty much the highlight of my year, so a nomination from our group is lovely in itself x

Well as predicted, I was nominated for Miss Slinky and I said it to my consultant that whenever I'm nominated I'm usually up in weight and last night was no exception, however, I did win Miss Slinky last night, photo to follow

ForumRunner_20141105_110029.png

Well done girls on all the losses and nominations, ye are all flying along! Congrats Orla on winning too!
I've been smothering with a cold since last Thursday so have been living in lockets lempsips and soups. Not expecting much tomorrow at all.

Congratulations Orla , you truly are a superstar slimmer :) there's been no mention of Ms slinky in my group at all, guess it'll happen next week though . I've not posted in an age ... However I'm still plodding along , on the scenic route lately though , had a fantastic week last week 100% on plan and loads of extra body magic and lost 1lb had really hoped for 1.5 (or more) to get me out of the 16 stone bracket , it wasn't to be though so fingers crossed it'll happen next week . I would love 3lb so I could collect my 6stone award but that may be wishful thinking !!!

Well done on the weigh losses to date everyone sorry I've not properly read back ?

Thanks so much all, just got a text from my consultant asking me do I mind my picture going on the local paper and the Slimming World Ireland facebook page as well so if ye are on that ye might see my picture :)

Triple B, just treat your cold and dont be worrying about weigh in, that is more important

I82much, thanks a million for that, I wouldnt really call myself a superstar, it can be overwhelming at times the amount of well wishes I get and one or two people I know have come to group and lost a good bit of weight already because of my story on the paper, if it can help somebody decide to join then I'm very happy with that because as a teenager I always had a weight issue and I never confided in anyone about how much I was down about it, there was no help like what we have now and if I can help particularly a teenager who is feeling the same way then I'm really happy with that

Orla , you're so so lovely I can totally see why you've gotten nominated and win these awards . Well done you for inspiring others .. Will be watching out for you on the slimming world Ireland page :)

Well suprised am I! Down a lovely 2.5lbs so have the 5st sticker back again, I would really like this to be the last time, I want the next sticker very badly!! I have been at this sticker for 3 months, and I'm still at 5 stone, I need to move on now I really do.

Weighed in last night and I did a LOT of exercising at the weekend so thought I may have had a good result.. I lost 0.5 lb. I felt quite disappointed as I felt I had really tried. Sometimes I feel that it is better to do little (or no) exercise and just focus on the food.

I am on twitter - @sundaytwist

A lot of exercise on a one off will actually make you retain water (especially if it leaves you achy). High intensity workouts are great for fitness as they build muscle which speeds metabolism and so burns more fat at rest so are fantastic at long term weight loss but longer low intensity workouts (walking etc) are better for fat burning more immediately. They also don't leave you sore so you retain less water. Xx

A lot of exercise on a one off will actually make you retain water (especially if it leaves you achy). High intensity workouts are great for fitness as they build muscle which speeds metabolism and so burns more fat at rest so are fantastic at long term weight loss but longer low intensity workouts (walking etc) are better for fat burning more immediately. They also don't leave you sore so you retain less water. Xx

Thank you, that is very helpful. I may just stick to the walking then! :)

Yup I second that, if all of a sudden you start going mad exercising your body goes what the hell has just happened so it protects itself by hanging on to the water. I do bootcamp 4 times a week and the week he seriously upped the tempo I went up on the scales. So I say it will show next week for you :)

It's definitely information that dieters should know so you don't have the wrong expectations. Nothing worse than expecting a big loss and not getting it. If you want to keep up the higher intensity workouts, don't get hung up on the scales for the first 4 weeks, or increase the intensity gradually. They are worth persevering for but if it's not for you, walking is fantastic (and free ;) ) x

I havent seen my picture on Slimming World Ireland yet but dont worry about it as it is the same photo I uploaded here on Wednesday morning

I walk all the time and that is the only exercise I do so I'm very happy it doesnt put weight on me, one thing you should do is keep your measurements checked once a week and see if it is making a difference to your inch loss, in total I have lost 18" on my waist alone, that to me is way better than the weight I have lost already (yes it does matter but not the same) 3

On another note, I saw a post from our Team Developer as she is going to the SW woman of the year awards today and our lovely Irish lass Brianan is in the final, lets hope she will be the first Irish winner, I think it is true that she is the first Irish girl to qualify for the overall finals and I heard that of all the 10 finalists, she is the lady with the most weight loss, lets hope she goes the whole way, she is a true embassador for us and no doubt there will be more Irish winners in the future

By the way I82much, thank you so much for your lovely comment, your very thoughtful

Fergus, I sense your going to have a brilliant week and lose all that gain and a lot more, good on you

Back