Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

I have not been on in ages. Well done Orla on winning. How is everyone getting on after halloween? I am avoided the kids treats as much as I can but finding this week hard as it is my son and husbands birthday and they wanted me to bake chocolate fudge cake and chocolate biscuit cake so trying not to sample it :)

Scales has slowed down but really noticing the inches. I bought a dress for Christmas a few months ago that is no hanging off so will get it altered as it was expensive. I am finding walking no longer sweats or gets me out of breath. Would love to run but my pelvic floor is not great after having three 10lb+ babies. Can anyone recommend any other exercise that they find helps? Anyone else got problems with excess skin? my tummy is overlapping and my boobs have gone from E to B cup, but still feel amazing in my new wardrobe so worth it.

I joined the miss slinky 2014 club tonight :D

Hey guys,
Haven't been posting much in the last while but as you can see from my sig I haven't fallen off the wagon or anything! After losing 4 pounds at last WI I was delighted but since then I've been feeling pretty low this past week regards weight loss, confidence, body image, future etc. I'm hoping my TOM is due to explain away the feeling of glum. I'm determined to stick to the Slimming World diet (having being inspired by you guys and so many others on minimins) I just feel a bit lost at the moment. Normally I'd "eat" my feelings and now I don't do that anymore so I'm writing this instead. I miss people - my friends who live far away now and my ex (we ended well but he was my best friend). I'm trying to distract myself but for some reason today nothing has worked. This week's WI for me is on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to the meeting just to get out of the house.

Hasn't been a great week, I weigh in today after work.
Have to knuckle down especially with Christmas approaching. I did manage a loss last Christmas, so I was pretty chuffed with that. Here's to another one this year.

For those on twitter, I'm @fergusm76

Great to see you back Redsters, I had missed you. I have the problem of excess skin and a good exercise to do is aqua aerobics, I know some people say it is expensive but where I live there are a few places that you can pay on the night and not have to become members (I live in Athlone) if you cant do that then get your kettlebells (you can buy them in argos or sometimes lidl and Aldi) and also look at youtube and type in how to get rid of excess skin and they can recommend some exercises to do. Isnt it a fantastic feeling you now have to get your fabulous dress taken in, gosh you must feel fantastic, keep up the good work

Well done Miss_Taken, it is a great honour, now put your sticker up (you can copy it from mine if you wish).

Periwinkle, just reading your post, I think I would feel the same, that is a lot your going through and I can relate to you saying about not eating your feelings, that is just brilliant and well done, I no longer a comfort eater either and it is a great feeling because you know once you reach target you know you can keep the weight off, well done. I suspect the reason your feeling so low is TOM, it always hits me before they come rather than after so that could be the reason. Come on here though and let us all cheer you up (we obviously have done that already) and dont feel alone, I'm in Athlone so if your near here there is no problem I can meet anyone (no I'm not that bad)

Fergus, this is freaky, six more weigh ins to Christmas and one of them is today, where has the year gone, I would love to have the 7st lost by then, fingers and toes crossed I will

'I

How proud am I to be Irish, isn't she just amazing. Brianán, if your a member well done, you are a true inspiration to me and I'm sure all around, amazing

Hope so Fergus but when you look at the Irish girl Brianán's story, mine is small fish compared to her story

Managed to lose 05.lbs - not bad considering I feel like I ate all around me last week.
Sat in on the new member talk again for some extra-motivation this week and going to do a food diary again.

Well done Fergus, that is fantastic, I'm on the social team so unfortunately I cant sit in for the new members talk but if I wasnt on social team then I would go more often and get that much needed motivation especially now that I'm in the Christmas mode and so want to get my 7st by then fingers crossed

WI was today. Only half a pound down this week - bit disappointed as I was good as gold :break_diet: but hey, at least it's still heading in the right direction. I got Slimmer of The Week last week (but I wasn't able to stay for the meeting last week so only found out and got my cert this week)! Also noticed I'm finally out of the BMI "obese" catagory! I know BMI isn't a great indicator of wellness, true weight problem etc but it's just nice to finally be out of the 30s! I really wanna lose 7 pounds by Christmas so that I'll be in the 11 stone zone for the festivities :) 6 weeks ain't long though to achieve that. I need to be pulling better numbers.

Well done Periwinkle, a loss is a loss and for me I really want to have my BMI in the 20's too and I have 2.5Ibs to go to get that, by the way, this is one of my "major" achievements I wanted to reach when I first joined January 2013 so I think it will be an emotional one if I reach it

Thinking of my christmas wish, I think it is very definitely reachable, I only have to lose 6.5Ibs to reach that and at that point I would be moving into the 12 st category so hopefully I will be doing that before Christmas

Well done though

1.5 down for me this week and I won Miss Slinky at my group. Lovely hearing everyones stories etc.

You are all doing great girls, we are all going to look great for Christmas :)

Somehow I managed to unsubscribe to this topic so have missed all the updates. Well done to the new miss slinkies, we find out tomorrow I think.
Star week this week, today of all days before weigh in so fingers crossed it doesn't do too much damage to the scales tomorrow!
Orla I'm sure if you ask your consultant if you could sit in on the talk she would might find someone else to do what you do or even stay for the next group session new talk. Our social team is very very poor. I do the weigh for two groups and sometimes I jump between pay and weigh, no - one seems to want to do it. I love helping as it keeps me focused and going!

I do the pay and another girl does the weigh and we do it for two classes but then I get a lift with the girl who weighs so I could get the newbie talk but our new consultant joined last August and she did the newbie talk with everyone and it was just brilliant. I could do it between the two classes though, I'm sure she could talk then as it is only the three of us there usually

NewMe, not surprised you won Miss Slinky, your an inspiration to all here too, well done, my photo for been crowned Miss Slinky is now my avatar, it always puts a smile on my face

I know a couple of people who rejoined my group in September all sat in for the new member talk and they really enjoyed it kind of reminded them of the plan etc. I do read my book every so often too just to remind myself and I get the odd idea from it too :)

Absolutely no harm in that

Up half this week but that was to be sort of expected.
I also won Miss Slinky in group though I feel deflated after it. It was by default, and there was no fuss at all, my cert was left on the table for me to pick up after group, no nothing, and when you see the pics on the SW Ireland page i just feel really down after it. Thats probably a bit maybe selfish of me but just how I am feeling tonight, doesn't feel as if I won it at all or earned it.

Back