Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

I've been 100% on plan all this week , done everything right so I'm hoping for a loss this week , I need a half lb for my 6stone award so if I manage to get that I'll be thrilled !!

I've been working on sorting santa this week and the my little lady pipes up that she wants the snow glow elsa , holy moly those things are as hard to find as hens teeth , luckily my cousin in America has found one for me and is going to bring it with her when she's coming home , crisis averted mind you I don't think my lady would have noticed if it wasn't there .

Hope everyone has a great weigh in this week :)

Hopefully you get your half pound loss, I can remember getting my 6st award and thinking OMG I have lost 6st, what a feeling it is

Apparently that Elsa doll is the most sought after toy for Santa this year, there is a life size one and everyone is going mad to get one, delighted you could get your hands on one though

Really happy with today's weigh in as I lost 3 pounds! I'd gained half a pound last week (which I think was down to my monthly!) so extra happy to say goodbye to those 3 pounds! It's given me a bit more faith that I am on the right path :)

Well done Periwinkle, that is fantastic. Don't know if it is the fact that Christmas is close but the losses seem to be good all around, our glass had really big losses last Tuesday

So happy!! I lost 3 lbs yesterday so on SW that means I have lost 1 stone 10.5 lbs in 10 weeks In total (including weight lost prior to SW) I have lost 3 stone 8 lbs so far and I am the lowest I have weighed in years..
biggrin.png

I can't believe I am 3 lbs away from weighing 13 stone something, bearing in mind that I started at 17 stone 10 lbs... amazing to me.

Delighted to have lost 3lbs this week. I cut out the daily yoghurt and really felt this helped. I am 1lb away from goal :eek: I had a consultation for tummy tuck today, loads of people in the waiting room. Anyway not sure, the consultant said I have muscle damage from pregnancy and weight loss so that would also need repairing which brought the quoted E7,000 up to E8,500. If I want to go ahead with it the operation is next Saturday. Hubby is being really supportive but keep thinking of what else that money could be spent on.

My under option is a tvt operation which I have been approved for which would improve my pelvic floor and allow me to run(cant do this at the moment). Sounds like I am surgery mad but swear I have never had anything done in the past :eek: Would running help tone my belly ? Does anyone else run?

Last edited:
Redsters baby I don't run far from it !! so I can't offer any advice but I would say in your heart of hearts if the operation is what you want go for it. it is a lot of money but if you can afford it and it won't put pressure on you then do it. :)

Sorry I didn't want to read and run.

STS for me this week not surprised with xmas festivities.

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

I think once there is muscle separation , surgery is the only route to have it effectively restored , If the money is there go for the surgery , in the grand scheme of things it'll make life so much better , you can't put a price on that !!

Redsters, am I right in thinking you want to get this surgery done and if you were prepared for paying €7000 then I personally would pay the €8500 but that is something you have to decide for yourself but if it were me and himself backed me in every way then I would pay for it and I think I sense you really want this surgery

I was in Dublin Thursday night and went out and had a lot to drink and I had a lovely meal out (probably went for the healthiest option) and had carrot soup and chicken with mashed potato (had no dessert) but I think I was fairly good (did drink a lot though) and I dont feel like I have gained a lot of weight. Was back on track straight after and have been having my 1/3 super free and my speed soup as well so fingers crossed I get a sts tomorrow

Well done on all the losses here, you all are really flying it

Was meant to update but I was totally shocked, down 1Ib on Tuesday but I have to be careful as it often will show the week after so this week I'm having my speed soup and eating lots of melon. I only need to lose 1Ib to have a bmi in the 20's (29.9) so I really want that this Tuesday and fingers crossed I will be able to tick off another one of my major achievements on my list (I have four) and they are as follows:

to have lost 6st - done last July
to have a bmi in the 20's - to be done
to have lost 100Ibs - to be done
to reach target - to be done

Well done orla, and good luck with that next lb, it'll be no bother to you.
Sorry I've been a bit of an absentee lately, been up and down and trying to get my butt in gear rather than spread the demotivation. Still 2lb to get back to my lowest but hoping to get there by Monday again and shift the rest of this stone and into the 14s by xmas.

Dont be thinking about the next few weeks, any time I do I tend to panic (I'm very predictable) so I plan it each day as it comes and hope for the best

Good luck on Monday my dear, your motivation is always there so I have no doubt you will get that in action and have that 2Ibs loss

Thanks, I know what u mean, it's always when I get hung up on x amount off by y date that I seem to rebel and go off the rails. I have a work party next Friday and my class one the week after so as long as I look good for both of those, I'll be happy :D

and from your avatar picture, you look amazing

Not sure daydreamer, sorry I cant help

I felt the same NewMe, glad you posted here

Weigh in this evening, feeling a little apprehensive as no walking to class as it is lashing here in Athlone and all I need is 1Ib loss to have a bmi in the 20's (just at 29.9) but not having the vibes that I have that lost so will have to wait and see what happens

Back