Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Feb 20th...really could do with another 6 months to plan but I'm really excited :p

Hi all...I am back as well...two years later..sad to say... and have put my weight back on...So am going to try again..New year and all that...:wave_cry:

Miss Taken that's so exciting! :) Best of luck for the big day! Don't get too stressed with planning...

Also welcome back Elsacat! There's no shame in catching the gain and coming back. It could be a lot worse if you hadn't faced it now!

Quick update, weighed in today and after my Xmas 5.5lb gain last week I'm so happy because I lost 7lbs today!!! Absolutely thrilled. Menu planing for the week ahead now, would love 3lbs off next week so have to keep focused!

My one day of overeating (actually just 1hr of pigging out) caused me to have a 1Ib gain, have to be honest I'm a little disappointed. Anyway back with a vengeance this week too and I want all of the last two weeks gains wiped out next Tuesday. Last night I came home and had saved all my syns for wine and I had the speed soup as well, really want a huge loss next week

Miss_Taken, wow your quite close to getting married, congrats and I bet that is real motivation to sticking to plan, I bet you have a fabulous dress for your slinky figure

Great to see you BrokenMirrors, hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year

Welcome to all the newbies as well and rejoins too, it ain't easy coming back after two years, well done

We had 104 last night and I would say 60 of those were either newbies or rejoins, I was typing all evening and consequently I didn't get the new talk but was trying to listen in while doing the new cards

Hi Orla! I've missed you :) Sorry to hear of your gain.... but mine was a lot worse so hopefully that's some consolation!

I know the feeling Laura, last January I came back from NZ and OZ and I was up 13.5Ibs, this was put on over Christmas a total of 5 weeks and it took me 5 weeks to lose it but it was tough, so glad to see you here though and I have no doubt you will be determined to lose all that and more

Hopefully but I tend to be a bit impatient about these things, I think the waiting is the worst part of it

I think my body is in shock. One day back on SW properly and I have a pounding headache and zero attention span.... it's probably a sugar crash. Booooooo!

Mine too but mine is exercise related...kettlebells are not my friend. First class ever yesterday morning and I've discovered I actually do have abs hidden under the fat. I know this because they are screaming bloody murder at me. Do you think they will be appeased if I actually make it to zumba tonight? I keep trying to remind myself I have to go but I don't seem to be listening to myself :p

You have to go because WEDDING! And zumba might actually help your muscles relax. Or something.

Haha, please don't make me giggle, my stomach muscles can't handle it :p but yes, that's much what someone else said and in 10 minutes, I'll be too late to cancel so I'm going. ..I think ;)

Update:- I made it and I'm still alive afterward (and still a big drama queen ;) )

Last edited:
Funny how you and I think the same way Laura, think specifically of your wedding dress, would you believe it mine is too big on me and it is 14 years old. If I were to renew my vows (15 years this June) I think I would like to buy a new smaller one.

How are the muscles today Miss_Taken and by the way, you will have to update your name to Mrs_Taken in a few short weeks, way to go hun

Good morning everybody, I am very pleased today as I have lost 6lbs. The planning has paid off. Today I am going to sit down and plan the next week. I work shift work and have to be very organised, the only problem is that its been crazy for the past few weeks and its hard to get to eat. I end up coming home starving at 9pm so need to have some food ready to go. I know if I have a week that I miss meals I don't lose weight. Are you all very organised going to work?

Miss Taken how exciting counting down to your wedding, that's a real motivator. I got bigger rather than smaller as I was so stressed I ate, not a good move....

Orla1973 I would love to renew my vows at some stage. I am an only girl and had the wedding that my parents expected, the traditional church hotel wedding. It wasn't what I wanted I would have loved to have something smaller and away, I just hated been the centre of attention. I went dress shopping and the first shop I went to the shop assistant looked at me when I said size 16 as if I was an elephant and I felt huge in a dress. I ended up having a two piece made but it was too old for me. So maybe when I reach my weight loss goal I will plan some thing special. Ironically I would be delighted if I was a size 16 now!

Orla, my muscles hate me and I don't think another kb class is in my plan this evening. Good point about the name, need to check if it's possible tho :p
Siobhan, do you have a slow cooker? I find mine amazing for when I'm really busy, bung everything in in the morning, turn it on (plug in timer is handy if ur away really early) and dish up when u get home. It's useful for batch cooking and freezing too so that you have a couple of back up meals xxx

Back