Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Orla are they the big things you stand on? I've used them before, not sure how great they are but my friend said they're amazing for cellulite.

I have the worst arms, I can't actually wear anything sleveless or even cap sleeve because they're so awful looking, they make me look bigger than I am now. It's causing me a lot of consternation at the mo because I've a wedding to attend in 3.5 weeks and nothing to wear!

Elsacat do you tend to gain from drinks? Some people are pretty lucky and can get away with alcohol. Personally if I stick to spirits and diet mixer it doesn't show on the scales.

Morning ladies, weigh in day for me today and after first full week back on the diet I have lost 5lbs...really chuffed. I have also unearthed my little pink weights, so going to start 15 mins a day, trying to trim the bingo wings. I walk my daughter to school every day, since we moved here. That's a 30 min walk one way, so 2 hours a day, 10 hours a week. That should hopefully trim the bum and thighs a bit too, but unless I walk like a windmill, it's seems to have no effect on my arms!
Good luck everyone this week. :)

Yeah that is it Laura, I'm going to try it this evening and see how it goes, my flab is horrible looking, both bingo wings and under my tummy (that you cant see)

MrsMoo, that is fantastic well done, I have the platinum body magic award because I carry a heavy bag uphill most of the way to work and it is quite heavy so maybe try and carry a bag in each hand that might help with the bingo wings, have to say that is the only exercise I do is walking and a lot of people have said to me that with all the weight I have lost I look very toned as well and all I do is walk

Morning ladies, weigh in day for me today and after first full week back on the diet I have lost 5lbs...really chuffed. I have also unearthed my little pink weights, so going to start 15 mins a day, trying to trim the bingo wings. I walk my daughter to school every day, since we moved here. That's a 30 min walk one way, so 2 hours a day, 10 hours a week. That should hopefully trim the bum and thighs a bit too, but unless I walk like a windmill, it's seems to have no effect on my arms!
Good luck everyone this week. :)

That's fantastic mrsmoo, really well done on the loss and the exercise sounds fab.

I think I saw them on a post in our closed fb page, I was trying to copy and paste the picture but was unable, the title is Has No Gluten Free Wholegrain Rolls

"Bingo Wings" I have serious bingo wings BUT I actually got an viberplate on our Free Group here in Athlone (through facebook) and it is in the hallway at home so intend on using it tonight, can anyone tell me how to use it now

I have one of those too, a fellow member was getting a new one and wanted rid of the old so I got it. I have to say, the only use I have so far found is as a coat rack but that's cuz I don't have a clue either. I know there are exercises (planks are one that I've seen done) that can be done but if anyone else knows more, I'd love to learn more too x
Ps, bought me a kettlebell today :D

I'm going to check on youtube, they have videos for everything

I feel very lazy reading all these exercise comments, time to get my fat ass moving! I know it really helps losing the pounds. So goal tomorrow is to do some exercise.

Congrats MrsMoo43 on the great loss a real motivator to stick with the plan.

Siobhan, my first and former consultant said you don't need to do any exercise, if you stick to plan 100% then you should lose 4Ibs a week, the only reason I'm exercising is because I have to tone up a lot (look at my stats to the left here and it will tell you how much flab I may have - yes a lot). Stick to plan, get used to it and then start thinking of exercise if you need to tone up and keep an eye on your inches, this often can be more important than the weight loss

Totally agree with orla and bear in mind that beginning an exercise plan is likely to delay your weight loss for the first 4 weeks as your body gets used to it and retains more water to cushion sore muscles. If you are very focused on the scales, this can be very demoralising so take the first few weigh ins with a pinch of salt and be aware they might be misleading. I have gained 2.5lb this week but I know it is likely to be mostly fluid x

Hello ladies, haven't popped in here in ages!

I was just wondering if anyone is on or have they tried the EESP plan and how are they finding it?

Best of luck for anyone weighing in this week :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

NewMe, I heard mixed reports about that new plan, some people have lost 1st in a week with it but others have gained, I think you should try and gradually introduce it and see how it goes

This is my guess, if your only doing 1 or 2 days SP and then going back fully on EE, your body might be a bit confused and think it is been starved of carbs and will retain fluid and weight and this may be why people are gaining, just my theory

Miss_Taken, once you know why I'm sure that will be off again next week

I did sp not last week but the one before and had a good week but my mum had a gain, last week I added a couple of days but as I say, lots of extra exercise so I don't trust that to be related to sp. It's definitely worth a try for a week but if you like ur starchy carbs, it is tough to find substitutes. I did also find myself a bit queasy at times which may or may not be from the vast amounts of speed foods.

I have to say I do get quite queasy when I eat too many fruit and veg, protein is different because I love eggs and baked beans so I had lots of them anyway and I have started to increase my speed and protein foods

Thanks girls, I tried to do a day of EESP but I found it really hard and missed my carbs too much!

It will be interesting to see the losses at weigh in, I know a few of them said they were doing EESP.

I'm not a big fruit eater more vegetables so that's why I find it hard too. I'm happy with EE though and love that you can eat pretty much anything on it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

As far as the exercise goes, I have no other option of getting my daughter to school, so it's the two hours walk each day. It has played on my mind that my weight lose might seem slower on the scales, as I am toning muscles as I do the diet, so I have found a pair of trousers in my "thinner clothes" and will also try them on every two weeks and see how far off they are to being wearable, as I can't be bothered with the measuring of inches and the like. But perhaps that's me being lazy.

I don't think walking influences your losses negatively. Certainly any high impact exercise would affect you because of fluid building in the muscles and around joints but I lose better when I am up and walking. What I would do is get a walking tracker app on your phone and try to increase your speed every week :) That way you can see yourself getting fitter as well!

NewMe, you are doing fantastic the way your going, you are not a year at this and already you have surpassed me and I'm coming up to my 2nd anniversary in slimming world so if you can't handle not having carbs for one day then stick with what is working for you

I do a lot of walking and I find too Laura that I lose more the more I walk (very difficult in the current weather conditions in Ireland now)

We are getting closer to weigh in now and the stomach is starting to flutter a little, fingers crossed I will have some sort of a loss

It's very hard after a day's work and commuting and then cooking in the evening to find the will to go back out in the biting cold, but I manage it the odd time! I've tried to incorporate walking more into my everyday stuff, like if I want to go to town at the weekends I'll walk to the train station (a 15-20 minute walk) rather than getting the bus from the end of my road. Every little helps right? :)

Has anyone got snow today??

Yes!!! To the snow...it's been light all day, then came down really heavy at school finishing time :rolleyes: it's stuck enough for my kids to run a round like mad things and my daughter to sing "that" song from Frozen...over and over again. Stressing a bit as we live in Laois and my hubby has to get home from work in Dublin. Not too stressed though, still managed to eat my spicy hot SW curry...:p

Back