Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

MrsMoo, I find Tesco the best here but then again I don't go to Lidl or Aldi. The mallon sausages are always in Tesco I find, they don't really stock them up in Dunnes but there is a little investigation going on in our own group as to where to get Slender Choice because they are my favourite but totally impossible to get, I live in Athlone

runmammyrun, great to see you back and of course your welcome back, since our beautiful Irish girl won Woman of the Year last November, I'm standing 10ft tall. Hope baba is okay and more importantly mammy is good too. 7Ibs to target, if only I could say that, I'm still trying to crawl my christmas weight back but it is * week here so I should be glad I had a 1Ib loss last Tuesday, usually I have a sts or a gain

I've never found the slender choice ones and I don't really like the Mallons :( I wouldn't even mind using some syns for a nice reduced fat one. Any recommendations?

I got slender choice sausages in Dunnes (Carlow) last week ! However I prefer mallons ones and for the last while I can't get them there now :(

Will be food shopping over the weekend, so will have a look for both, there are two Dunnes close enough so can have a look in both. :)

We have vivo here too and I have to say I never check to see if they are there. I never have a problem getting mallons as we have a very good tesco where I live but I do prefer the slender choice and just cant get them anywhere :(

There are twins in our group and they both work in one of the Dunnes in our local town and I asked them do they do them and they said no and I asked if a lot of people went in looking for them would they stock them and they said probably

Does anyone know if they sell them in Supervalu? There is one next door to my daughters school, so will have a look on Monday.

Slender choice are my favourite!! Haven't been able to find them in portlsoise for months now. So I order from there website www.slenderchoice.ie free delivery for orders over EUR60. I usually share an order with my friend. We've ordered 3 times and it's been fab. They also do burgers that are 1/2 a syn each....mmmmmm so tasty!!

Slender choice are my favourite!! Haven't been able to find them in portlsoise for months now. So I order from there website www.slenderchoice.ie free delivery for orders over EUR60. I usually share an order with my friend. We've ordered 3 times and it's been fab. They also do burgers that are 1/2 a syn each....mmmmmm so tasty!!

Ohhh thats interesting, ordering online. But frowns at none in Portlaoise...:(

They seem to be really hard to find these days, which is a real bummer ?
How's everyone's week going? I have to weigh a day early this week, I really hate having to do it, I find it gives me a licence to eat whatever I want all day Tuesday instead of just having a little treat on Tuesday night after weigh in.
I've lost 3 stone 8 1/2 lbs so far and broke into the 13 stone bracket last week but feels like I'm trying for my 4 stone award for ages. Hopefully it'll be mine in the next week or 2!

I've had a 100% week on plan , extra easy . Got my walks done may have fallen slightly short on my water intake , I struggle to drink it when the weather is as cold as it is but funnily I feel heavier this week than I did any other ... It's taking me forever to get my hands on that 7stone award , all I need is 1lb off - fingers crossed !!!

Hope everyone is having a great week :)

Thanks for the welcomes :), I've had a hectic week so not been online much, my daughter was home because of the weather and my little lad is 9 months and getting into everything so my hands are full! I still didn't receive the dvd so I bought it yesterday and ill return the other one when it comes. I'll start it tomorrow when himself is at work and the littlest fella is having a nap, for the past 2 weeks I've been doing the cardio and fitness on my daughters 'dance central' lol.

I must admit Orla that is one of things I took for granted in the UK, there is such a slim range of products here, I am between Thurles and Nenagh and I go to Dunnes, Tesco and Aldi in both towns. The range of flavours of mullerlight is dismal compared to over, in aldi over there used to be lovely lamb shanks in mint gravy for 3.5 syns (they were THE BOMB) and I cant find them over here, The cottage cheese with pineapple is my fave in aldi and its quite hard to get at times. Fromage fraise and quark I can only get in Tesco sometimes. I tried all weekend to find very lean lamb mince to make a fakeaway doner kebab but had no luck, I asked in butchers to see would he mince a bit for me but he said id be looking 15 euro for 1lb of mince so I left it, i'll chance it with extra lean beef! In Tesco over there was a fab slow pulled bbq pork in the freezer that was 'free' but no sign of it over here.

I'm struggling a bit and find myself eating the same things a lot because I can't find the bits I used to but so this week I was super organised and looked for recipes and got all my bits to cook, diet coke chicken, Fanta chicken and even made some 4syn lemon meringue thingys this evening, my lemon curd was a bit runny but they were lovely.

Hope ye have all had a nice weekend :) xx

Definitely I'm going to mention about ordering online the slenderchoice sausages at class tomorrow but I make my own burgers so I think I will give them a miss, I like to use my syns for chocolate, crisps or a glass of wine.

Strawbs, gosh that must have been a big blow not to find all the products you were used to, it would be interesting to know if they are available up north, Miss_Taken do you know any of those products. I have a friend from Newry and she lives in Cavan so she goes up to Newry a lot and if I knew they were there then I would ask her if she is going to any of the stores can she get them for me, I would love to be able to stock up on some of the things you mentioned, particularly the slender choice, they are lovely

Morning Ladies... weigh in day for me today, lost 1.5lb but it is TOTM so fairly happy with that, and only 1/2lb away from my first half a stone. :) Went food shopping at the weekend, no slender choice or Mallons sausages to be seen anywhere. They did have a section in my local supervalue for the Mallons, but it was an empty shelf, but it's right next door to my daughters school, so it's not a hassle to check every few days if they have restocked. Hope everyone has a good weigh in this week.

The range of flavours of mullerlight is dismal compared to over, in aldi over there used to be lovely lamb shanks in mint gravy for 3.5 syns (they were THE BOMB) and I cant find them over here,

Don't have aldi up here at all so that's the lamb shanks and pineapple cottage cheese out altho some of the smaller stores seem to have a really good range of muller lights and I think tesco do a few flavoured cottage cheeses :p

Fromage fraise and quark I can only get in Tesco sometimes. I tried all weekend to find very lean lamb mince to make a fakeaway doner kebab but had no luck, I asked in butchers to see would he mince a bit for me but he said id be looking 15 euro for 1lb of mince so I left it, i'll chance it with extra lean beef!

I think that's pretty universal, one of the uk slow cooker sites I'm a member of on fb have said the same so most of them use beef instead. Seems to work fine, altho u could buy the diced lamb and mince yourself in the food processor if you really fancy lamb x

In Tesco over there was a fab slow pulled bbq pork in the freezer that was 'free' but no sign of it over here.

If you know the name, I'll have a gander for it and see if I can find it up north here ;)

It was totm for me last week too and I was down 1Ib so I was thrilled with that. I'm hoping tomorrow that due to the small loss last Tuesday that maybe it might just balance out what I had eaten and drank on Friday and I have been on detox ever since

I made up the cucumber, lemon, lime and bunch of mint drink. I drank 1ltr last night so does anyone know when that will kick in. I have another two made up one for tonight and one for after class tomorrow, does it work straight away or does it take time to kick in

I had 1lb off this week too I had hoped for more but a loss is still a loss :). Miss taken its called Tesco simply heat pork with bbq sauce its yummy, I did make my own syn free bbq sauce and put a loin of pork into the slow cooker with it last week and it was gorgeous so I'm happy enough at least I can make that :D. I really miss the banana custard mullerlights though i cant seem to find them anywhere.

WI today...lost 4lbs...whoo hoo!! I went to the gym twice this week and did a spinning class for the first time...thought I was going to die haha...but I'm seriously reconsidering it after my weight loss...I know it has made the difference in my weight loss big time...:bliss:

Back