Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

Strawbs, they are popular but Tesco definitely do them, certainly in my local store, they are sold individually.

Wow Elsacat, that is fantastic, well done, if I had that loss this evening (which I won't as I'm 99% sure of a gain) then I would have lost 100Ibs exactly

Hi all, subbing here.. new joiner to the forum! In Louth, started SW at the beginning of November and have lost 20.5lb so far :rolleyes: Currently my heart is broken looking for quark so I can follow SP without too much hassle but cannot find it anywhere :eek:

Well done elsacat great loss & well done on the exercise :)

Best of luck for weigh in tonight Orla :)

Mejulie it's hard to find the quark as well sometimes. shops don't seem to ever stock much of it and I find whenever I do see it the use by date is very short on it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well done to Strawbs and Elsacat for the weight loss this week...and Elsacat phew, spinning class!! :)
Welcome to Mejulie, great loss since November, that's fab. Orla, good luck for the weigh in later.
I popped into my local supervalu this morning and they had the Mallon sausages, walked home from school and had a lovely red day breakfast, they are yummy!! So thank you ladies for the recommendation for these :)

Will have a look for that Strawbs, but I've seen the muller banana and custard in tesco too (I get them in my deliveries so it might just be the bigger stores).
As for the quark, when I find it, I stock up and freeze it (freezes fine) and if I am out and can't find it, I sub with fat free fromage frais or Greek yoghurt if it's just for creaminess in cooking (doesn't work if it's something like ice cream or cheese cake I'm making but works fine for most cooked recipes).

Didn't know you could freeze quark! Thanks for the tip hun :)

I have frozen quark in the freezer

Thanks guys, it is getting closer

I haven't tried quark yet what do you use it in?

Elsacat well done on the weight loss and all the exercise, the thought of spinning makes me sit down..

I'm planning on using a tub for carbonara this evening but it can also be used for making chicken kiev type things, quiche, cheesecake, or mixed with sweetener and used like (very thick) cream in desserts. There's loads of other things but that's just off the top of my head ;)

I was up 1/2Ibs last night, have to say I'm happy with that. Already I went back on plan last night by having the speed soup at 12.30am and it seems to be working :cool:

Now all I want is to lose 3Ibs because then I would have my 7st award back and I would be back in the 12's again

Here is to a good week

Thanks I never even look at the individual ones. I was in Dunnes today in thurles and for the 1st time they had quark, slender choice sausages and even the vanilla/orange and chocolate mullers, are the ones with cherry underlayer 1/2 or 1 syn? ... either way it was YUM :D. I Joined a group last night it felt great to get back, not so great that on the scales there i'm more than on mine haha but i'll update my stats now and go with the groups scales, probably more accurate than my argos value ones hehe.

Hope ye are all having a good week :).

I was down 1/2 last night for the second week in a row - I want to try and do better this week - 2 lbs to get my 3 stone back - I'm 11lbs from target and exactly 12 months on the SW journey tonight. I'm going to try some SP days - I'm not sure yet what I think of them- I wasn't a bit hungry all day but I'm starving tonight and I had a late dinner! But I'll persevere- hopefully I'll behave - I have my whole week's food planned and shopped for so that should keep me on the straight and narrow!

Strawbs, never go by your own scales, mine showed a difference of 5Ibs (yes I used to weigh myself at 7am and then sw scales at 5.30pm so no wonder there was a difference). I just checked syns online and the cherry one with the underlayer is 1.5 syns I'm afraid, I love the inspired range especially the banoffee pie one, totally delice and only 1 syn each. Just wondering did you find a difference in the way the Irish and English classes were run, ours we have great fun.

Sus that is just brilliant, look at it this way, it is a loss and it is going in the right direction. I'm hoping for a big loss this week and more than likely I won't get it but once it is going down then I will be happy as I know eventually I will get there

Keep it up and lets hope next week is a good one for all here

I didn't hear this Julie but there are other mallon sausages apart from the gluten free - any idea what type

I know the ones in blue pack have no syns. I'm not 100% on other ones.

I lost 2lbs last night and got my 7.5 award. Need to add new sticker still!

Ah well defo worth the 1.5 syns anyway :D.

I had a lovely fry up for lunch today after my workout, the slender choice sausages were gorgeous :).

Yes Orla I found a big difference, I wasn't overly impressed over with the group, there was only 5 in it and the consultant shall we say defo didn't lead by example :rolleyes:. There was a good range of products though plenty different flavours of the hifi lights. I think the main thing was that there was a severe lack of motivation with the whole group so the 3 times I went although we had a chat they had all gained and weren't too fussed lol it was more like a social outing.

The group I went to this week was a lot bigger and the consultant is also slimming so I felt she was a bit more understanding to how it feels. There was only 1 flavour of hifi lights but they were double choc so im not complaining hehe, I am hoping to see the rocky roads again soon though.

It is great to get an insight into how groups run in the UK, I kind of guessed that consultants were the same wherever you went but I think that is just because I was lucky with the consultants I got. Personality wise they are all very bubbly and I think that is very important and hence why I get so many people asking me would I be interested in becoming one (this includes some very successful consultants). I know quite a few people on other Irish facebook pages and generally they are all lovely. In our group, we have great fun and team fun tech can often be great to play (especially after a bank holiday) and you wouldn't believe the cheers when the winning side wins even though they get no prize. There was a problem with the chocolates last week but my consultant got in a fresh supply of the hifi bars so they were all there on Tuesday for class, have to say I love the double choco bar, rocky roads are lovely but not as nice in my eyes, don't worry they are available and I'm sure you will have them in class for next week.

Julie, the blue pack that NewMe mentioned are the gluten free and as far as I know they are free, if you hear otherwise can you let me know please.

NewMe, you are flying it that is just fantastic, well done

Back