Ireland- bia- a bit of craic!

I didn't stay last night because I was sad! I'll ask on my FB group but I think because we're all obsessed with them that our consultant would have said something by now!

Julie, I can relate to this but you are better off knowing this, to be honest 1 syn per sausage is okay

Can anyone help me here, I went in to my local holland and barrett store last Saturday and they don't stock the slimatee there anymore, apparently they don't stock them because there is a medicinal content in them and so a natural health food shop won't be able to sell them. Can anyone tell me if there is another store in Ireland that sells them, I'm totally out of stock and I like to have them everyday

Really Orla?? God that's so strange. I know that you can get it handy enough from Amazon if you don't mind buying online?

I would prefer locally but I might look online and see is there any stockists in my hometown, I always have one the day before weigh in just to make sure that there is no excess fluid and that is today

Can anyone help me here, I went in to my local holland and barrett store last Saturday and they don't stock the slimatee there anymore, apparently they don't stock them because there is a medicinal content in them and so a natural health food shop won't be able to sell them. Can anyone tell me if there is another store in Ireland that sells them, I'm totally out of stock and I like to have them everyday

Is that Slimatee ok to have on Slimming World? Some people in my group were drinking it but our consultant said not to have it. It's a laxative so having it every day can't be too good for the body I would have thought!

I have to say I drank it every day and if I ever gained any weight it was a week where I went over on my syns so I presume it is okay to take

I can see why she said that but I'm happy to keep going on, I'm using it because I do tend to suffer from retained fluid

Hi struggling at the moment just about to sit down and plan my week with precision. I definitely need to put in everything, work, food, family commitments and exercise. Otherwise I end up drifting through the week working, sitting in front of the TV ferrying the kids here and there and leaving it to chance.

Hope everybody else is doing ok

*serial weighing alert*
I've had an absolutely 100% week and on my scales, it showed I had gone from 6lb from my lowest to 1lb below my lowest yesterday morning...but last night was my hen party and I had a meal out and in spite of my best intentions to go easy on the drink, people kept buying me more and more shots and huffing when I said I didn't want more. I am now 3lb up from yesterday and I know it is all fluid because that's how I roll...no really, any more than 2 drinks and I gain 3lb for about 3 days then it disappears. Seriously thinking of changing to my consultants Tuesday class so I can go out of a weekend without having to resign myself to a gain.
On the plus side, it is completely expected and if I "only" get a 3lb loss instead of 6, I'm still over the moon (and unsure how I managed to shift so much in the first place). Ramble over ;)

Hey Ladies, hope everyone has had a good weekend.

Miss_Taken, sounds like a great night!! :)

Miss_Taken, it is your hen night so dont be feeling bad, you have done fantastically well and I have no doubt you will have got right back into plan the following day or if your anything like me then you will be too sick to even look at food the next day :sign0137: (sorry if tmi)

Siobhan, I have no kids so I don't know what it is like trying to balance family life and slimming world but I would imagine planning is everything and cooking dishes that you can freeze (I think Lasagne is great because you can pack your 1/3 speed and still very filling)

I was in Mayo for the weekend, it was my mother in laws mass (she passed away 10 years ago) and I was determined to stick to plan and very proud to say I did, I was no more than arms reach away from junk all weekend but I said no and now I'm very happy I did, weigh in tomorrow and I'm hoping at least to get my 7st loss back and maybe get into the 12's and maybe hoping against hope that I lose 2.5Ibs and I will join both NewMe and I82much in the century club :fingerscrossed:

Miss_Taken, I'd take a gain in exchange for a good hen night any day! Hope you had a ball!

I'm not sure how my weekend was; I went to Milanos and opted for a 20 syn mean on Friday, went out on Saturday and had 5 gins which is also 20 syns, and yesterday I'm not sure, as I just had 2 biscuits (6.5 syns) but also had a bit of my mams stuffing at dinner :sigh:. But I went to a wedding fair in the Pillo yesterday and resisted all the chocolates, canapes, champagne and cake samples- hardest day of my life!! 1/2 syn cake for dessert last night reeled it back in.. but I think I'll do zero-days this week until weigh in on Thursday- if I can!

Julie, I think you still have to use 5 syns minimum a day so not a good idea to not have any but I hope you had a lovely weekend and remember draw the line and move on, what is done is done

I know, but I always seem to have a good week on a few zero days- after 3 weeks of maintaining I'm trying to go back to what I did week 1, and mostly that was under-using my syns after being out at the weekend. If it doesn't work I'll have to try something else :confused: stuck in a bit of a rut

I wouldnt get away with that but if it works then go for it and I have to be honest here but I definitely use most if not all my syns the day after a night out, pure comfort really

Morning ladies, weigh in day for me today and have lost 2lbs, it's been a difficult week, family birthday and I havn't really been all that focused, so I'm pleased to lost the 2lb.

As as far as the no syns goes, personally when ever I have tried that, I end up eating too much other stuff, a bit more pasta or a bit more bacon or more mullers than I really should, so for me, I aim for about 5 syns a day, as that fills a nice little hole and helps me keep off overloading on the "free food"

My parents are visiting from the UK at the end of March, so I have set myself a mini goal of two stone loss in total by then....they know I'm overweight, so,it's not a OG! Need to shift it before they come, but I know I will feel so much better about myself if I can.

I was horrific all weekend - I had a rotten day at work friday and although I had nothing too bad I was picking all day and couldn't even begin to count syns. Saturday was marginally better and I pulled myself together yesterday. I really want a pound off on Tuesday to get my 3st back but I'm up against it now!!

Back