Is CB a bad idea when trying for a baby??

chelseaharvey

My friend today raised this question & said she is worried with me doing this diet & not eating that i could be doing my body more harm then not

I have PCOS so my cycles are all over the place. I have been trying for 2 years next month & about 3 months ago had surgery to help with the fertility issues i have

I have not until July to fall, if i dont then my only option is IVF. In the past 2 months with having this surgery my cycle has got shorter :)

She said today, how do i know doing this wont mess my cycles up & mess my body up..

If you SHOULD/CAN do CB when trying why can you not when you fall pregnant, if the shakes are giving you all the right minerals & nutreients that you need? Why do you need to come off it as soon as you get a positive pregnancy test?

Anyone know 100%

plenty of cd babies around this board hun and several of those girls had pcos
the reason you must come off is you shouldnt be dieting when pregnant and come along cambridge ss is 415 cals if your only on 3 a day, not enough calories for a woman who is growing a baby
( as far as im aware slimming world is allowable during pregnancy but the aim still isnt to lose weight during pregnancy, just to minamise weight gain )

i have pcos and my consultant is more than happy for me to be on cambridge until the point of a positive test as i really do need the weight off

you say youve been trying for 2 years and youve been given just a matter of months to get pregnant before going the ivf route, im sorry but im nosy, did they give a reason for this?
i only ask as i was trying for 3 and a half years before falling on metformin, 5 years after pcos was confirmed

you say youve been trying for 2 years and youve been given just a matter of months to get pregnant before going the ivf route, im sorry but im nosy, did they give a reason for this?
i only ask as i was trying for 3 and a half years before falling on metformin, 5 years after pcos was confirmed

I was diagnoised with PCOS at 15, so 11 years ago. I was told back then i would never fall pregnant naturally & after 3 years of trying & being given clomid (the month that i was due to take it i fell pregnant) I lost that baby though & tried again & after 10 cycles fell again & i now almost have a 6 year old

When going for baby number 2 after 4 months i was put on clomid as my GP knew about my history. I was on it for a year at 150mg & nothing

My fertility consultant then said about having a laparoscopy & ovarian drilling which i have had.. After having this done they said there is nothing else they can do for me & i then have to be referred privatley for IVF

ahh ok i see hun, sorry to hear that, hope cd can work the magic with you that it has for others

Back