Is Dukan for me?! HELP!!

TC19

Hi Dukan peeps

I've been struggling to lose the last 2st for the best part of a year now. I've heard great things about dukan but heard its a lot of meat intake. I am what you call a Chicken Vegetarian (chicken is the only meat i eat). I have an allergy to peanuts so stay well clear of all nuts! Can one of you experts tell me if this is a diet I can do?

Any advice really appreciated.

Many Thanks

Lol chicken is my staple( can't eat nuts on Dukan do don't worry about that)
Its a great plan and really helps get to grips with food
Chicken and eggs and the best thing to eat anyway and theres loads of recipes on here,the girls are great as well so any questions just ask
I love it and as a previous SW member I much prefer this,hope that helps xx

Thanks Laura for your feedback.

How did you start? Did you sign up to dukan.co.uk/buy the book or just start your own thing?

I too did sw for a while but then did my own thing, now my own thing isnt working, need to shake off this last 2st before Nov preferably.

I bought the book and did attack phase joined here and just asked loads of questions
I have had steady looses since I started in June and now have about a stone left which I'm hoping will be off within 6 weeks
Attack phase is great as it really spurs you on when u get a good loss( I lost 8.5lbs) over 7 days x

thats a great loss after a week. i've give my right arm to shed that much in a month never mind a week.

am gonna track the book down and am sure i'll be back with my many questions. thanks again for your feedback, appreciated xx

Yep, it's a diet for everyone as it really works. I started in mid June and I've lost almost 2 stone so far. I did Attack for 6 days and lost 5 1/4 lbs. I was made up with that as I knew I wasn't going to lose any water weight as I was drinking 3 to 4 pints of water a day anyway. You can see my loss history, underneath and I can tell you know it's been quite easy.

Attack is no walk in the park, but it's not that hard either. The only time I had a bit of a wobble was the first few days of Cruise. Then you get into a rhythm and that's it. I love it now. I've 95% lost cravings and the only time I kinda have them now (and they are nothing like what they used to be) is around TOTM.

Give it ago. I remember logging in here and seeing people having lost 15lbs, 20lbs, 30lbs and thinking I'd love to be at that point and now I am!

As has already been said, the main foods of this diet include Chicken and Eggs. I use both very very regularly. Along with beef and fish.

Have a look on the main page for a list of dukan friendly foods.

I was bought the book, and recomended this site. I sat for hours and planned out some menus so I knew I would be able to follow it day by day. I started mid June and am nearly at a loss of two stone.

I did go on the site and type in my details to get a TW date etc., i did attack for 7 days, and will be doing cruise til at least Jan/Feb. Though I am thinking I may just try and lose a bit more as the weight i originally said was because i was too scared to think that far.

I love the way this diet works and feel so positive about losing weight, on previous diets you're told, try to lose 2lb a week and thats all they say, there's has never ever been a diet that said you should reach your target by *****. Which is what really sold this for me, it makes me think that there is an end date and the light at the end of the tunnel is well and truely lit.

welcome, hope your journey is smooth xx

Welcome TC, give it a go .....you'll love it x

Thanks for the welcome guys and the info. I think am gonna do it online via the dukan site. I must admit am terrible with planning what to eat etc and hope that joining up and parting with £'s is gonna give me the boost I need to shift the last 2sts!!

Thanks for the welcome guys and the info. I think am gonna do it online via the dukan site. I must admit am terrible with planning what to eat etc and hope that joining up and parting with £'s is gonna give me the boost I need to shift the last 2sts!!

Eeek ... at the risk of incurring the wrath of Dr Dukan, TC, you might want to save your money and study the Minimins boards first? Joodlebob (AWOL at the moment) has been feeding us some 'live chat' links and they're very contradictory. Here is the link to the thread .... http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/285406-dukan-live-chats-nutshell.html

I'm not knocking the diet, which certainly works, but I personally haven't heard many things positive about the coaching :eek:

Just food for thought, hope it helps :D

P xxx

Back