Is Hartleys sugar free jelly really free even if I eat it ALL?

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by rainbowdrops22, 30 July 2009 Social URL.

1. rainbowdrops22

rainbowdrops22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Sole Source
    I'm making jelly with pineapple chunks, do I seriously only have to count the pineapple, the jelly is free? no matter how much I eat? I feel like I should count it as 1point just to be safe. HELP :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rainbowdrops22

rainbowdrops22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Sole Source
    ahh I posted in the wrong place I'm so sorry. :(

4. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I believe the sugar free jelly is free - however don't try to make up jelly (crystals or normal) with pineapple because enzymes in the pineapple will stop it setting.

This is why we eat pineapple with gammon - it digests protein!

5. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Yes, it's free and it's cheap!

Go for it. I have one on the go all the time. As soon as one is finished I make up the next. Superb for those times when you open the fridge and think "what can I have?" The answer is JELLY.
    You can make it wobbly or thick and globby. You can add cranberry juice, skimmed milk or yogurt, fruit, goji berries, all sorts.
    I make one up with half a pint of boiling water. Defrost half a pack of frozen summer or forest fruits in a pyrex loaf shaped dish, pour over the cooling jelly and set. Then turn it out onto a pretty dish, decorate with some lovely soft fruits and maybe a few mint leaves, serve within a dish of low fat creme fraiche. No-one can believe it's "slimming food".
    Looks divine and tastes great too.
    Sometimes I have half a jelly, some fresh fruit chopped up, a WW yogurt or fat free natural yogurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon and pine nuts. Filling, tasty and good for you. Yum!
    :gimi:

6. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I made some up with sparkling water - fizzy jelly! The kids weren't convinced though..

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.