Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Is Hartleys sugar free jelly really free even if I eat it ALL?

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by rainbowdrops22, 30 July 2009 Social URL.

1. rainbowdrops22

rainbowdrops22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Sole Source
    I'm making jelly with pineapple chunks, do I seriously only have to count the pineapple, the jelly is free? no matter how much I eat? I feel like I should count it as 1point just to be safe. HELP :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rainbowdrops22

rainbowdrops22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st5lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Sole Source
    ahh I posted in the wrong place I'm so sorry. :(

4. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I believe the sugar free jelly is free - however don't try to make up jelly (crystals or normal) with pineapple because enzymes in the pineapple will stop it setting.

This is why we eat pineapple with gammon - it digests protein!

5. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Yes, it's free and it's cheap!

Go for it. I have one on the go all the time. As soon as one is finished I make up the next. Superb for those times when you open the fridge and think "what can I have?" The answer is JELLY.
    You can make it wobbly or thick and globby. You can add cranberry juice, skimmed milk or yogurt, fruit, goji berries, all sorts.
    I make one up with half a pint of boiling water. Defrost half a pack of frozen summer or forest fruits in a pyrex loaf shaped dish, pour over the cooling jelly and set. Then turn it out onto a pretty dish, decorate with some lovely soft fruits and maybe a few mint leaves, serve within a dish of low fat creme fraiche. No-one can believe it's "slimming food".
    Looks divine and tastes great too.
    Sometimes I have half a jelly, some fresh fruit chopped up, a WW yogurt or fat free natural yogurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon and pine nuts. Filling, tasty and good for you. Yum!
    :gimi:

6. Anders

Anders Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st2lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(27.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I made some up with sparkling water - fizzy jelly! The kids weren't convinced though..

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.