Is it important to eat syns?

Safia

Gold Member
I have had a bad two days which i know will make me maintain when i weigh in on monday. I made some soup with lentils and four superfoods for the whole week and will try and eat as much superspeed because i really want to lose a stone or get close to losing it. When i first started sw i didnt have many syns at all, less then 10 a week and didnt get much of a loss but the week i did have more syns i did make more of a loss or was it all the melon i ate i dont know? I'm just scared that if i eat any i might have a gain or maintain or if dont the same will happen:confused:

The reason we have syns is to make sure we don't lose out on the little treats in life and to ensure we don't fall off the wagon. You should have them, they won't make you stop losing.

i had a rubbish weekend and weigh on Thursdays. Ive tried to lower my syns from 15 to 10 each day - hoping this will help. You should have 5 a day minimum.

x

Well obviously you can have things like a glass of wine or some chocolate, but if you don't want that kind of thing you could also use your syns for olive oil to cook with, or to have no low fat versions of yoghurts, or sausages etc. Or the odd takeaway/ready meal. Enjoy them!

I was doing the same and not using any syns and it really didn't help... if anything, it made me more liable to fall off track and I ended up binging on rubbish every now and again. If you've got strong enough willpower (which I'm slowly gaining), I buy a pack of fun size/treat size chocolate bars and have 1 a day. They really help keeping me on track!

These are the only syns I know for now!

Fun size Mars Bar - 4 syns
Fun size Magic Stars - 3.5 syns
Fun size Buttons - 4 syns
Fun size Crunchie - 4 syns

Hope that's some help :) good luck with your weight loss.

Emily

My first five weeks I had very few syns, probably 5 - 7 a day, if that. And still had very good losses (11lbs in 5 weeks). And then I STS - despite being "very good".

The next week I'd had a work lunch (so meeting sandwiches) and a meal out with friends (where I hadn't gone mad, but had been "naughty" - if that makes sense! :eek:). And that week I lost 3.5 lbs .

Since then, I've had more syns, probably 10 - 15 a day. And I've lost another stone, even on two * weeks (OK, one was only 1/2 a lb, but it all counts!)

I'm also enjoying the plan more...and I can see me going on like this for a LONG time...which is the idea, isn't it!

having less than 10 a WEEK is absolutly NOT sticking to the plan. The plan is a minimum of 5 a day or 35 a week. As you begin with SW i would say have the full 15 a Day or 105 a week. because as you progress, if you have stall in your losses you can cut back on the syns, but if you are already on low syns there is nothing to lower.
When we think the word 'diet' the image of not enjoying food, only eating salad and the feeling of being hungry are conjoured up. but SW really is different. its a healthy and doable way of eating that is sustainable for life and as a side effect you lose weight :)

What sort of things did you enjoy eating pre SW?? crisps? chocolate? booze?
all these things can still be enjoyed within your syn allowance. so your deprived of the nice things but you will still lose weight.

Favourite syns for me are options drinks, 1 1/2 syns I think, a tablespoonful of sunflower oil to cook mushrooms or onions , 6 syns, an extra 28 grams cheese, 6 syns, a tbsp of branston pickle, 1 syn, mostly savoury stuff.

When I found my weight had stuck for 2 weeks I was not eating my syns. I was on zero syns. For 1 week I did a fish week and incorporated more super foods. That week I lost weight. The 2nd week I did mostly super-foods, I ate no meat or fish as sis was staying with me and she is vegetarian, again I used my syns, if not 15 a day at least 6, and once again lost 3 lbs.

Now I make sure I have at least 6 syns a day and am once again losing weight consistently.

Fish is a free food on red days so you eat red but just eat fish, no meat. I can not advice about E.E. as I have never done it.

For example when I did my fish week at lunch times I ate tuna in brine mixed with low fat cream cheese, finely diced onion and cucumber served with roasted red pepper, sliced tomato and ryvitas. Evening was normally smoked haddock with my 7 oz (198 grams) of potato and lashings of veg followed by yogurt and fruit.

I varied this each day with other fish and at lunch times had boiled eggs etc.

Just make sure you just eat fish for the week along with your HEA's and your HEB's plus your free foods and syns.

I hope I have got this right for you. If I haven't someone will put it right for you.

Good luck.

You can do fish week on EE too. Just make sure you have the 1/3 veg/salad/fruit and eat the same was you'd normally do for EE just having fish instead of meat.

Good luck on your fishy week.

I started off not being over fond of fish but by the end of the week I was a total convert.

Yes, prawns are free so are crab sticks, tinned salmon etc. all the easy lunch ones.

Thanx for telling me, have loads of tinned tuna, salmon and mackeral so im sorted xx

Pleasure...............

but remember they must be in brine and not oil.

Good luck !!!!

Back