Extra Easy is it just me or is anyone else struggling with the easy going sw

rach1987

hi there is it just me or is anyone else struggleing with the easy going ,to forgiving and too its ok approch of slimming world ?

the old me and diet i followed was

brekki
porridge made with water and sweetner ,or toast

lunch

2x rivita and have with tomatoes,or low cal sandwich

dinner

steamed lean mean and steamed veg, very little or no potatoes

diet coke,water and coffee for drinks

i used to try to aim with 200 cals per meal , trying to mix it up a bit , but always 200 cals , some times 300 cals ,and tryed to do half hr exercise 3 time a week , i was loosing a stone a week,with one treat (blow it day a week) then when i got to where i wanted to be id have one day good one day bad to maintain, i know this doesnt sound healthy but i was loosing so quickly i didnt care, i kept it off for a year and a half until i fell pregnant ,

so as i was saying i find slimming world to ,shall we say forgiving that i seem to take the mick with it , i think to myself oh i can have a glass of wine , oh one more wont hurt ,and of cause im not loosing, which i find very hard to deal with .
i know that slimming world is good for me ,and its a great healthy eating plan but i find it just to forgiving if i make a mistake , and then i make another , and another :cry:.
is it just me or is anyone else like think this . any comments and help,even criticail , any help greatly recieved

To be honest Rach, your last plan doesn't sound like a great deal of fun to me. I couldn't stick to something that rigid, and I know as soon as I did come off it, the weight would go back on straight away.

The harsh truth is, there's nothing in the nature of the plan that makes you go off it. Either you keep within your syns, or you don't (I don't mean to sound mean, sorry).
If you think that such restriction helps you, I can understand, but I do think eating in the real world does require a measure of self disclipline, a skill that you get to practice regularly on a plan that allows wine and chocolate freely. Of course, nothing in Slimming World literature insists you must have wine at all - so potentially you could just avoid it ?

I think the Slimming World plan is probably the best there is personally, but it may not be the one for you. I'm sure you know best in regards to what works for you and what your limits are.

All the best :)

To be honest Rach, your last plan doesn't sound like a great deal of fun to me. I couldn't stick to something that rigid, and I know as soon as I did come off it, the weight would go back on straight away.

The harsh truth is, there's nothing in the nature of the plan that makes you go off it. Either you keep within your syns, or you don't (I don't mean to sound mean, sorry).
If you think that such restriction helps you, I can understand, but I do think eating in the real world does require a measure of self disclipline, a skill that you get to practice regularly on a plan that allows wine and chocolate freely. Of course, nothing in Slimming World literature insists you must have wine at all - so potentially you could just avoid it ?

I think the Slimming World plan is probably the best there is personally, but it may not be the one for you. I'm sure you know best in regards to what works for you and what your limits are.

All the best :)

hi there 80poundsandstanding , no i dont think ur mean at all, thank u for ur comment . sorry did i say choc and wine unlimited, oh sorry . i ment i used to have one day a week of blow out wine and choc. i do know what u mean i was good for me but it did work. slimming work is a fantastic plan , and dont want to knock it at all but maybe its not for me , i will keep trying though. as for avoiding wine and choc :eek: oh i just couldnt lol x thank u so much for ur honest comment and view x
:)

HI Rach,
Have you thought about reading a book which aims to help you tackle some of the thought patterns that drive your overeating in addition to the SW plan to help you stay on track without depriving yourself.

I lost 2 stone in the past with SW but rewarded myself by slipping back to my naughty habits! Needless to say, I gained it all back again.

I have come to realise that a big factor for me is that I have some rather unhelpful and self-sabotaging thoughts about food....mostly along the lines of "I deserve that wine/ chocolate/ lard!" and "It's not fair - why can't I just eat whatever I want and be thin?"!!!!!!!!!!

So, this time, I have decided to tackle my brain as well as my body so that I hopefully combat those problems.

I am reading "4 day win" and "Beck diet solution" and am finding both v helpful.

Just my thoughts, hope that helps!

x

Some people on here swear by Slimpod which is something that you listen to at night that is supposed to help you retrain your thinking around food. I haven't tried it myself so cannot comment on effectivelness but maybe worth doing a search for it on the Forums to see what others think? x

What you have here is a more extreme version of the doubts many people have when they first find out about the flexibility of the SW plan. If I had a pound (in cash) for every person since I joined this forum that has been surprised/worried/concerned/doubtful because they can eat so much and still lose weight, I would be a wealthy woman indeed. You have had successful losses in the past, by effectively doing the following - virtually starving yourself for 6 days, confusing the hell out of your metabolism by overloading it on calories on the 7th, and then going back to starvation again. Yes, it is one way to lose weight very quickly, but is it healthy? Does it teach you good habits for the future? Does it stop you feeling deprived? No, in every case, with especial note to the latter, you took direct action to avoid feeling deprived by blowing one day out of the seven with an overload of the things you chose to avoid the rest of the week.

But you chose that way, and it worked for you. HOWEVER, right now, you are choosing to follow Slimming World, except, well, really, you arent. You are following your own version of the plan because you choose NOT to stop at the recommended number of syns. Of course you wont lose, but you are making that choice for yourself.

What you are doing, is absolving yourself of any sense of responsibility and self-control. One more WILL hurt because it is against what the plan instructs you to do. On its own, it wouldnt do much damage, but every night, every week, then of course it will, because you arent following the plan at all. There is no doubt that on the whole your intake will be massively better for you and your health than the previous method you opted for, BUT, its not going to get you losing weight.

So now you have a choice, stick to the plan properly, learn a healthy method of eating you can stick to for life, and lose that weight in a healthy, sensible and manageable way, or not?

Bottom line, your body, your choices. It works, if you choose to let it.

Do you go to class? Its my first week back on plan & for the first time have joined a class & bought a 12 week countdown. For me the pressure of knowing I will be weighed & thought of the humiliation of others knowing if I keep gaining rather than losing is enough to keep me on track. I'm hoping 12 weeks will be long enough for me retrain my mind on the old 'one more won't hurt' & for sw to be a way of life not a 'diet'. If not then I'll buy 12 more, but I will certainly stay a target member after i reach my goal too! For me I suppose the classes come in where the will power stops - micro managing my weight loss (I keep a food diary too) but I know my weaknesses & until I can trust myself to be in control I will continue to pay for classes. Also as only my husband knows I'm on sw I'm hoping class will provide extra support & motivation. Maybe that would help you? x

HI Rach,
Have you thought about reading a book which aims to help you tackle some of the thought patterns that drive your overeating in addition to the SW plan to help you stay on track without depriving yourself.

I lost 2 stone in the past with SW but rewarded myself by slipping back to my naughty habits! Needless to say, I gained it all back again.

I have come to realise that a big factor for me is that I have some rather unhelpful and self-sabotaging thoughts about food....mostly along the lines of "I deserve that wine/ chocolate/ lard!" and "It's not fair - why can't I just eat whatever I want and be thin?"!!!!!!!!!!

So, this time, I have decided to tackle my brain as well as my body so that I hopefully combat those problems.

I am reading "4 day win" and "Beck diet solution" and am finding both v helpful.

Just my thoughts, hope that helps!

x
hi there pearlsgirl , thank u for ur very handy comment. i think i will give them a try , i have very bad eatting habbits as u can see, i would love to follow the plan properly, but i do find it hard . i need to break through that wall so to speak of the bad eating , i realy enjoy slimming world throughout the day , but its the eve more than anything when it hits me, one to many chocs ect , my husband works nights so im all on my own on a holiday park while kiddies are in bed , maybe i can use this time to re educate my brain and maybe even exercise , thank u again for ur comment x

What you have here is a more extreme version of the doubts many people have when they first find out about the flexibility of the SW plan. If I had a pound (in cash) for every person since I joined this forum that has been surprised/worried/concerned/doubtful because they can eat so much and still lose weight, I would be a wealthy woman indeed. You have had successful losses in the past, by effectively doing the following - virtually starving yourself for 6 days, confusing the hell out of your metabolism by overloading it on calories on the 7th, and then going back to starvation again. Yes, it is one way to lose weight very quickly, but is it healthy? Does it teach you good habits for the future? Does it stop you feeling deprived? No, in every case, with especial note to the latter, you took direct action to avoid feeling deprived by blowing one day out of the seven with an overload of the things you chose to avoid the rest of the week.

But you chose that way, and it worked for you. HOWEVER, right now, you are choosing to follow Slimming World, except, well, really, you arent. You are following your own version of the plan because you choose NOT to stop at the recommended number of syns. Of course you wont lose, but you are making that choice for yourself.

What you are doing, is absolving yourself of any sense of responsibility and self-control. One more WILL hurt because it is against what the plan instructs you to do. On its own, it wouldnt do much damage, but every night, every week, then of course it will, because you arent following the plan at all. There is no doubt that on the whole your intake will be massively better for you and your health than the previous method you opted for, BUT, its not going to get you losing weight.

So now you have a choice, stick to the plan properly, learn a healthy method of eating you can stick to for life, and lose that weight in a healthy, sensible and manageable way, or not?

Bottom line, your body, your choices. It works, if you choose to let it.

thank u for ur honest comment MadameLaMinx you are right my old diet , more like starve ur self thin:8855: would make me so unhappy and grumpy, i want to set a good example to my children , and u are right i do have a choice , and i think im gonna forgat the old fad starving and enjoy and STICK to plan on slimming world , i can see from ur fantastic weight loss that it does work when u stick to it ,(massive well done!!!) i may tighten my syns a little to see if that makes me feel more in control with slimming world , maybe little but often, i dont know, im off to weigh in tonight ,after the damage of xmas :eek: im dreeding it , but hay it was christmas! so bit line draw

and trying again the proper way to do slimming world , thank u again for ur comment and honest view :)

When I first started, I struggled with the idea of 'free foods' as well as extras that could be synned. When I got my head around the idea that free doesnt mean unlimited and no matter how generous the plan, if you eat too much you wont lose weight I was fine! I dont abuse free food or synned food because there is no point, general food abuse is what lead me to joining SW in the first place.

IM SORRY SLIMMING WORLD

Well fantastic news!!! 5 and half pound off!!! All thanks to slimming world, i am now eating my words!!!

Got my new book , won the raffle of fantastic fruit and free food (huge!!), and top of all 5 and half pounds off, i was expecting a gain, i have my new book which i love , and loved group tonight , i am so!!!! Motivated !!!!! Thank u slimming world and also a massive sorry for doughting u xx

Say it with me.. I beliiieevveeee ;) x

Fantastic! Well done!

That's great news. Well done!

PS - If it suits you better, you could still only allow chocolate and wine on one day a week (within syns though of course)! I have cut out booze altogether for a while as also find it hard to stop after just one. Chocolate - I can take or leave so am lucky there. Here's to another great week x

That's great news. Well done!

PS - If it suits you better, you could still only allow chocolate and wine on one day a week (within syns though of course)! I have cut out booze altogether for a while as also find it hard to stop after just one. Chocolate - I can take or leave so am lucky there. Here's to another great week x
thank u shrinki , thank u for the tip x:)

Back